Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Function&Form ver1 type2 review...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Function&Form ver1 type2 review...

Okay I recently had these installed on my 9 thanks to evasive motorsports in SoCal. I was sceptical on how they would ride considering they are fairly cheap. No I don't track my car or off road it, these coilovers are recommended for those who want a good DD and do occasional spirited runs. I was looking for a coilover that would lower my car, handle a little better and still maintain comfort and smoothness without shelling out the big bucks, as times are still a little ruff for some of us. I admit I took a chance on it, and I have to say I don't regret it one bit. My car feels more responsive on turns and has noticeably less body roll. Rides identical to stock if not better. It is a little stiffer on the bumps but doesn't bounce around all over the place and you don't feel every single pebble on the road. Mind you these are the version 1's which are discontinued and the version 2's are said to be even better. They'll be coming out with a version 2.5 soon that will be even better than the ver2. So if you are looking for a decent comfortable coilover that won't break your bank, I highly recommend the function&form type2. Please no negative comments about them being cheap and you get what u pay for crap, because honestly I feel I got more than what i paid for. And if your into hardcore rally or time attack then yes you probably want to look into something else. Maybe someone else here can be the 1st to try them out on a track.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe im missing something...wheres the review?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jvlazzar
Should I change the title to "Cheap coilovers worth buying"?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jvlazzar
I agree here.

This is not a review. Just a "I put a part on my car" thread. Doesn't mean its better. Just a self justification thread for purchasing a part.

One of my favorite rants:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...them-evom.html

Last edited by Smike; Jan 21, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Smike
I agree here.

This is not a review. Just a "I put a part on my car" thread. Doesn't mean its better. Just a self justification thread for purchasing a part.

One of my favorite rants:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...them-evom.html
Better than what? I never compared it to anything. Im not saying buy this over that. I'm simply saying its a good coilover based on a bit of my own personal experience and not assumption. I know they ride smoother than Megan's. I know that the version will be using eibach springs. A real review would be after good period of time to determine its reliability etc. This is just the beginning.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CLOUD9
Better than what? I never compared it to anything.
Everything is relative. In essence, your review says the coilovers have a decent ride and they lower your car. Great.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
Everything is relative. In essence, your review says the coilovers have a decent ride and they lower your car. Great.
What about the other stuff I said about noticeably less body? Stiffer over bumps? More responsive on turns? Those don't count?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Of course they're going to be stiffer...stiffer springs = less body roll. stiffer springs = more responsive because there is no spring to absorb any of the turn-in. you'd experience the same exact sensation if you put super-stiff springs on the stock struts

for daily drivers, almost any coilover is going to feel the same, the only difference will be the spring weights. it's been said numerous times that coilovers like these (F&F, BC, Megan, etc.) will do fine for people who want to lower their car and daily it, but don't expect them to be phenomenal on the track and dont expect them to last nearly as long as a quality coilover
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:56 PM

Excuse my inexperience with coilovers. I've had some really cheap stuff on my wrx before and they were absolute garbage. No matter what setting I had it in it still road like crap. I explained the kind of things a guy like me was looking for, improved stance, comfortable ride, better handling for a DD. I was gonna buy a set of kw3's till john mueller talked me out of the twin tube design. So I came across these for a hell of a price and was surprised that a low end coilover could ride this good. I'm simply sharing my satisfaction with them by spreading the word. If they were crappy then I would say so. BTW my old POS coils did not improve handling, they actually felt worse, and they clunked real loud when I made turns. I paid the same price for these and what difference. Only my 2nd set ive ever owned.When your happy with a product you wanna let others know. And for that I get a ton of crap that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
The following users liked this post:
intafocus (Mar 22, 2021)