Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

rubbing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rubbing

ok so i just put ccws on the car 18x10 +32 ALL ARPUND AND DROPPED THE CAR ON TEIN SPRINGS. The car has a nice drop and the ride is very smooth. the only thing is when i go over a decent size bump or have passengers or take a hard left turn the back right tire rubs. ive rolled fenders and had it aligned today. The guy told me i need more negative camber on the right side but cannot adjust it any more.

where can i get a camber kit for the rear that will help me with my problem. He needs to put more negative camber on the right rear in order for the tire not to rub.

ur advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stck_trbo_mnstr
ok so i just put ccws on the car 18x10 +32 ALL ARPUND AND DROPPED THE CAR ON TEIN SPRINGS. The car has a nice drop and the ride is very smooth. the only thing is when i go over a decent size bump or have passengers or take a hard left turn the back right tire rubs. ive rolled fenders and had it aligned today. The guy told me i need more negative camber on the right side but cannot adjust it any more.

where can i get a camber kit for the rear that will help me with my problem. He needs to put more negative camber on the right rear in order for the tire not to rub.

ur advice is greatly appreciated.
Maybe get a nice set of coilovers.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:51 PM

But noone makes a camber kit for the rear ?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
either way, tien springs are ****.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:35 PM

Why?

And again does anyone make a camber kit for the rear?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why?

And again does anyone make a camber kit for the rear?
Because the springs are too soft and the drop is way too low. You'll blow those shocks very VERY fast and soon, it'll be bouncing up and down over every bump. You'd be better getting coil overs.

And here's the camber kit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-REAR-L...item2a1b8199fa
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:07 PM

But just driving normal ill blow the shocks ???
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with the others, these springs are way to soft and lower the car a awe full lot. You will be bottoming the shocks out on these springs which will in turn blow them allot faster then a more quality spring. I think if you look into the swift lineup or coilovers. It's only a matter of time you will be replacing your suspension.

Bryan
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Since the shocks are compressed a lot, your "just driving normal" could mean just small bumps on the road and some occasion, speed bumps. Then you add the softness of the springs to it and you'll be hitting your bump stop every time you go over a hump or even a speed bump.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:47 PM

but i dnt rub when i go over speed bumps or anything like that. if i take a hard right turn everything is completely fine. it is when i make a hard left turn that the back right side rubs. i took it to get aligned and the guy told me the left side was perfect, but the back right side he could not give me the correct negative camber while at the same time having the right tow. he says i could fix that with a camber kit????
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I have tein Springs on my car and now im getting Coilovers since i have blow struts and blow ball joints due to the springs. Also had to do Sway Bar endlink due to teins as well. just my input and look in to this https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...55808de812840e
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:48 AM

so ur saying that with coilovers i wil not have to orry about my struts and ball joints?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

The coilovers are more cash but way worth it over just springs. You can get that perfect drop with the coilovers unlike the springs where you have to be satisfied with whatever the drop might be.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

but i dnt rub when i go over speed bumps or anything like that. if i take a hard right turn everything is completely fine. it is when i make a hard left turn that the back right side rubs. i took it to get aligned and the guy told me the left side was perfect, but the back right side he could not give me the correct negative camber while at the same time having the right tow. he says i could fix that with a camber kit????
Go take it back to him and have him flip the camber bolt washer upside down on the left side. For some reason, this is the only way to get it aligned right just for the left side and the guy that aligned my car had to do it to make the wheels straight. If anything, those camber bolts should give you a free -2 degree camber at most (or even close to it).

If the guy doesn't know what a camber bolt is, go to someone else that is more up-to-date on modern tech.