Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Pedal box for evo 8

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pedal box for evo 8

Did someone has install an tilton, willwod or any other brand pedal box on the evo? i'm looking to get a better brake, i all ready have EBC yellow stuff, motul 660, brained SS brake hose but some time my brake pedal gets hard after i drive hard for some minutes, my mechanics told me to remove the brake bosster.
Old May 25, 2012, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Im sure there maybe a few that have done the pedal box in the Motorsports section of EVOM
Old May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
In one build I read about where they wanted a pedal box they ended up deciding that there wasn't enough room.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
In one build I read about where they wanted a pedal box they ended up deciding that there wasn't enough room.
I have seen a complete wilwood pedal box installed on at evo 8 but did not say what model number is, i call wilwood but they have a universal and they don't know witch one will fit the evo 8
Old May 25, 2012, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Give the guys at FFTEC a call and ask about it. I think they're building a time attack 9 with Tilton pedals right now.
Old May 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crisdiarata
my mechanics told me to remove the brake bosster.
First of all, don't follow this advice.

Second, what do you mean by the pedal gets hard? Generally speaking a firm pedal is a good thing as long as the car still slows quickly. If the pedal is firm and you don't slow down, this sounds like a physical problem such as a stuck caliper piston. I'd suggest explaining your problem better and finding a new mechanic.

Dan
Old May 25, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rawkus
First of all, don't follow this advice.

Second, what do you mean by the pedal gets hard? Generally speaking a firm pedal is a good thing as long as the car still slows quickly. If the pedal is firm and you don't slow down, this sounds like a physical problem such as a stuck caliper piston. I'd suggest explaining your problem better and finding a new mechanic.

Dan
What I mean is, my brakes works fine, but after a few minutes of hard drives from firm pedal become a hard like when the car is shut off and you press the brake pedal, my mechanics has been check everything and he told me than something the brake booster gets out of vacuum more when you have a cams, is for that they removed for the race cars setup and they install tilton pedal box