Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Powder Coating Calipers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Powder Coating Calipers

I've been searching for some shops/vendors who offer powder coating services..? I am looking to get calipers and possibly my valve cover powder coated.Can someone point me in the right direction.

thanks
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tirado custom coatings is who i would use they use to be a fourm sponser i dont think anybody has powder coated more brembos then them stm buschur most wanted tons of fourm users have used them with great results i plan on getting mine done thiswinter by them .
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
tirado custom coatings is who i would use they use to be a fourm sponser i dont think anybody has powder coated more brembos then them stm buschur most wanted tons of fourm users have used them with great results i plan on getting mine done thiswinter by them .
i've tried contacting them and nothing.? I even added them on FB and nothing.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
They are pricey theres no doubt. When I got a hold of them they gave me a run down of the process. Here is the email I got back.

Price would be $375 for a set of 4 pairs (2 front 2 rear) in a regular solid color and $425 if going with a candy color. This includes disassembly, coating, and reassembly re-using the seals. We highly recommend new seals, but most of the time most of our customers end up re-using their seals without any problems. We, however, will not be responsible for any leaks or issues associated with re-using seals. If seals are to be re-used, the same seals that come off the calipers are put back on the calipers. Also included are new Brembo decals, bolt heads stripped to bare metal and coated to match calipers, crossovers are stripped to bare metal and coated to match calipers.

-Calipers are completely broken down
-All seals are removed
-We media blast all calipers prior to coating
-Bolt ends now coated to match your calipers
-New Brembo decals are applied underneath a thick layer of powder coat clear
-Calipers are reassembled and inspected
-New rebuild kits are available: $150 for a set of 2 front calipers and 2 rear calipers (includes new piston seals and new dust boots)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
They are pricey theres no doubt. When I got a hold of them they gave me a run down of the process. Here is the email I got back.

Price would be $375 for a set of 4 pairs (2 front 2 rear) in a regular solid color and $425 if going with a candy color. This includes disassembly, coating, and reassembly re-using the seals. We highly recommend new seals, but most of the time most of our customers end up re-using their seals without any problems. We, however, will not be responsible for any leaks or issues associated with re-using seals. If seals are to be re-used, the same seals that come off the calipers are put back on the calipers. Also included are new Brembo decals, bolt heads stripped to bare metal and coated to match calipers, crossovers are stripped to bare metal and coated to match calipers.

-Calipers are completely broken down
-All seals are removed
-We media blast all calipers prior to coating
-Bolt ends now coated to match your calipers
-New Brembo decals are applied underneath a thick layer of powder coat clear
-Calipers are reassembled and inspected
-New rebuild kits are available: $150 for a set of 2 front calipers and 2 rear calipers (includes new piston seals and new dust boots)
This is the information I was looking for. At this point im willing to get this done if they ever reply. I started the process and its a PITA (im not the most patient person either).
Old Dec 3, 2012, 07:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Glad I could help. I know it took me a while to get a hold of them and all. I just hope it doesn't break any of the rules or anything.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.detectivecoating.com/1/

Had my valve cover, calipers, & wheels coating he even rebuilds calipers if you want to save the hassle plus he's a hell of a nice guy.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by projektevo9
http://www.detectivecoating.com/1/

Had my valve cover, calipers, & wheels coating he even rebuilds calipers if you want to save the hassle plus he's a hell of a nice guy.
Justin did all of my coating and everything came out great and had a fast turn around.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually found someone on craigslist who did a great job for cheap. IC piping and valve cover for $130 (including powder). Just make sure you meet them at their house so they don't run off with your parts haha