Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

NRG Innovations Rear Toe Control Arm - EVO 8?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NRG Innovations Rear Toe Control Arm - EVO 8?

My question is does anyone here replacing the stock unit with this unit? My rear toe link ball joint is going out, and I don't want to spend 300 bucks for just one side. I wonder if this unit is the right replacement for stock one.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...cat=105&page=1
Old May 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

nobody has this unit?
Old May 19, 2013, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

I've got the DME rear toe arms and they are pretty stout. They use heim joints instead of ball joints. They've been on the car for a couple hundred miles so I can't say anything about longevity. The alignment shop loved them cause they always have problems getting my toe set.
Old May 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts
I run these. They are built well. I have auto-xed on these arms and they haven't failed yet. I think these are over kill if you want a stock replacement. I am sure you could find a set of good condition toe arms for less than $100 on here.
Old May 20, 2013, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deylag
I run these. They are built well. I have auto-xed on these arms and they haven't failed yet. I think these are over kill if you want a stock replacement. I am sure you could find a set of good condition toe arms for less than $100 on here.
Wow, I'm glad to see good review about these. I just want to confirm that these are the upper rear toe link as shown in the attached picture.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails NRG Innovations Rear Toe Control Arm - EVO 8?-imag0164.jpg  
Old May 22, 2013, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Yep, those are what is replaced.
Old May 22, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

^^How do they hold up so far? Do they make any kind of strange noise?

Thanks
Old May 22, 2013, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Interesting. Anybody checked range of motion on these? I'm wondering if there is enough uni-body clearance and joint angle to let these work on a lowered car.

Between those and the eccentric you could probably dial out the rear bump steer without relying on a lousy eccentric bushing.
Old May 22, 2013, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is first Ive seen of these, I would definitely go with these instead of the stock replacements.
Old May 22, 2013, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Interesting. Anybody checked range of motion on these? I'm wondering if there is enough uni-body clearance and joint angle to let these work on a lowered car.

Between those and the eccentric you could probably dial out the rear bump steer without relying on a lousy eccentric bushing.

Funny you asked that. I was in such a hurry that I never even checked the clearance on the body.

I had to look and I'm pretty low in the rear (tire sits level with quarter panel) and there is about 1/2" till the pinch weld. If extra clearance was needed the pinch weld could be ground out for another 1/2". How much travel that amounts to at the wheel, I'm not sure but I would imagine a good amount of travel.
Old May 23, 2013, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

How about joint articulation range at that height?
Old May 23, 2013, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use the Megan Racing version which has a ball joint instead of a heim joint.
http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=938&catid=96

I took a look at that last time I was down in the back and didn't see any indication the toe arm was smacking into the frame. I am only lowered ~1" in the rear and there would have be some significant suspension travel before it makes contact. On a car that is lowered significantly, there might be concern. You can sort of see in this picture where I am talking about:

NRG Innovations Rear Toe Control Arm - EVO 8?-e5svnoz.jpg

I believe this is the correct Nagisa version which has more room for the pinch weld.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/n...-p-108327.html

Next time I am under the car back there I will take a look again to see if there is any denting to indicate that these are hitting the frame.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I've got an axle to change this weekend so I'll take some measurements and figure out the travel of the inside of the toe arm compared to the wheel travel.

I'll check the heim joint movement as well but I figure it probably has better travel than a ball joint.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hiem joint + tapered stud + offset spacers = win

Anybody ever checked the bumpsteer characteristics in the rear? Obviously whiteline found something of concern to offer the eccentric bushings. Just curious how significant it is.

I have most of the parts measured and modeled up, just haven't gotten around to measuring up the hub carrier to complete the model to answer this question from a theoretical stance.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hiem joint + tapered stud + offset spacers = win
what offset spacers?

Quick Reply: NRG Innovations Rear Toe Control Arm - EVO 8?