Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Sears?!? "gimme a break!"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres more info about sears......
they will price match anybody, yes anybody.....even internet dealers. and i dont know if they charge u shipping.
they also will order any tire u want as long as they carry the brand....
Old Mar 8, 2004, 01:08 PM

Tire Rack may have high shipping costs but, then again they don't charge tax and have excellent prices
Old Mar 8, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

well, sunday is over.. and track day is over. Overall, i am pleased with the tires, i didnt notice THAT much of a difference, and i did pretty well on the track. I like the way these feel, predictable, and handle very close to the stock advans, i did notice that turn-in's were not as precise, and i had to do a lil' more "driving" because the advans make it so easy, but nothing that you cant make up for. All in all, i probably could have ran maybe a half a second to a second quicker with the advans, just from the way i felt when i was driving. I also noted that when i finally got around to checking the tire pressure, it was at 45 psi! which is a lot more than the stocks, so i brought them down to 37 in the front and 35 in the back, which happened to be perfect right off the bat, i thought i would have to do some adjusting throughout the day, but it was perfect. So a thumbs up for these tires, i feel much bettrer now that i know how these hold up to the stocks.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the write up.

Since there has not been a tire so far as good as the advans, I suppose I will stick with the oem.

Old Mar 16, 2004, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

In answer to the question about "did cars get dropped off on the way to the US." I used to work around Long Beach harbor where they reloaded Japanese cars in containers to go back to Hawaii.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh. I guess depending on who's shipping what and such though anything can get shipped any which way.. What is the Destination charge for HI? Higher I guess if they are going to the mainland and then back to the middle of the ocean...