Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Sears?!? "gimme a break!"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sears?!? "gimme a break!"

...is what i said to my wife when she brought up the idea of getting tires at sears.. I said "theres no way they are going to carry anything remotely close to the performance tire that i need". So after no such luck on the internet, with the exception of tire rack, of which had the tires i wanted (bridgestone s-03 pole position) but had the shipping costs that i didnt want to pay.. i decided to make the wife happy and follow her down to sears just to be dissapointed. Well, to my great disbelief, the FIRST tire i see was the bridgestone s-03 pole position!! i was pretty dumbfounded, followed by my wife laughing it up in my face. So i was wrong, sears had the tires i wanted, and their price was 216$ a tire, at tire rack it was 200$ a tire PLUS shipping per tire which came out to about 18$ a tire.. for a total of 218$ a tire from tire rack. So i was already under what i would have paid if i had bought from tire rack (who has some of the best deals). On TOP of that, my wife is an employee, BAMB.. 10% off of the total, life cant get better. Walked out with 245/45/17 s-03's at a grand total of 884.xx, not bad. Story isnt over though, i go there today because of a mild vibration at freeway speeds, i brought it back in for a free tire balance, and what do i see on the s-03 display tire, a 10% discount sign.. i asked the guy at the counter if i could get the 10% discount even though i bought the tires already, and he said "SURE"! So i got really lucky, so minus the extra 10% discount, i got the tires for a grand total of 802.xx.. which means i got the s-03s for about 176.xx a tire! So i just felt i had to share this experience and let any of you tire shoppers know that the s-03s are on sale right now at sears. I still hear about it from my wife too, but i've got to hand it to her.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and to top it off your in the islands, how could it get any better.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

and to top it off your in the islands, how could it get any better.
Your Wife has a couple really hot friends and they actively participate in your and her sex life???
Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

^ lol what?

thats really awesome, great story about the tires. Lucky man
Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BaLListic_EVO
Your Wife has a couple really hot friends and they actively participate in your and her sex life???
haha, thats a different thread all together, different forum too.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

haha, good story... i just keeps getting better and better! that's awesome man, how you like the new tires?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

well, i wish i could tell you but this f*cking island sucks!! it rains every frickin' day! I havent really had a chance to take some back roads, but this weekend is track day, so i will have a good idea of how they do after that.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

i need new tires....... lets see how this can work out.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

I was looking at getting those tires, due to the fact that I can buy through a family member also.

So, why dont you give us your impression so far. Stick with to OE or go with the S-03? what do you advise. Thank you
Old Mar 4, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Do Evos make it to Hawaii before the mainland? or do they get dropped there on the way to the mainland?
Old Mar 4, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

humm, not really sure, i moved here in september and brought the evo with me, there are very few on the island. Theres about 4 at the dealership though, mainly because they are still charging around 40k or so still.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by newevo8
I was looking at getting those tires, due to the fact that I can buy through a family member also.

So, why dont you give us your impression so far. Stick with to OE or go with the S-03? what do you advise. Thank you
ill be able to tell you after sunday, which is solo II track day..!
Old Mar 5, 2004, 08:21 PM
bs
Evolving Member

I just got my brand new so3's for $400 for all 4. but I have a very good hook up with the local bridgestone reps. As far as performance goes to me it has been a little hard to tell on the street. The tires seem quite a bit less noisy than the advans. If anything they may have slightly less stick than the stock tires.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

damn, and i thought i got a good deal.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

i picked up a pair of 245/45/17 falken azenis rs tires for 117 a tire.. if you want tires for cheap i sugest the place i went to becuase so far. no one has been able to beat there prices..
www.edgeracing.com

Quick Reply: Sears?!? "gimme a break!"