Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Front Wheel Bearing - Needs Replacing 97' Evo IV

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Wheel Bearing - Needs Replacing 97' Evo IV

Hi, I'm currently looking at purchasing a 97' Evo IV with 110,000 kms on it and one of the things that need replacing on it is the front driver side wheel bearing. The guy who is selling it told me it needs replacing, as well as the thermostat in the engine and the only other thing is the hood needs to be replacing.

Now my main question is trying to source out the part for the front driver side wheel bearing. I have read that you have to buy the whole hub for it, but I was wondering where I would be able to get that from or even if a mitsubishi dealer might carry something like that (Maybe not though since I'm from Canada and it's a JDM vehicle). So I'm just trying to source out parts for this vehicle and see what it is going to cost me before I purchase it. Also how to replace the part. I've heard it isn't to difficult just take the wheel off, the rotor and brake caliper then disassemble the hub?

Also if anyone would happen to know where to get a thermostat from and how to replace it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's the P/N for the front wheel bearing, looks like it is used on quite a few vehicles on your side of the world:
MR334386

And here's the P/N for the thermostat, looks easy enough to get a hold of:
MD345617
Replacing it is easy too, drain coolant, remove top housing, replace thermostat and reinstall everything.
Evo4/5 thermostat housings are slightly different to evo6+ but the principal is the same.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yogi_B
Here's the P/N for the front wheel bearing, looks like it is used on quite a few vehicles on your side of the world:
MR334386

And here's the P/N for the thermostat, looks easy enough to get a hold of:
MD345617
Replacing it is easy too, drain coolant, remove top housing, replace thermostat and reinstall everything.
Evo4/5 thermostat housings are slightly different to evo6+ but the principal is the same.
Alright thanks very much! Turns out the guy I'm looking to buy it from ordered the parts for me and said he would throw them in with the car!