Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Perrin PSRS Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perrin PSRS Discontinued?

Does anyone know if Perrin has stopped making the PSRS for the EVO?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 08:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Personally dont run any Perrin components but went to their web site & dont see any Mistsu support noted in the drop downs
Old Jun 14, 2015, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by MRLancer05
Does anyone know if Perrin has stopped making the PSRS for the EVO?
Discontinued a long time ago.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
I'm pretty sure whiteline still makes their version of the PSRS for the X, which fits the 8/9...
Old Jun 14, 2015, 08:03 PM

Thanks guys. I really like Whiteline stuff, they just threw me off with their "race only" language. I daily this car about 3-4 hundred miles a week. I don't mind the noise, but I don't want the wear out the part prematurely.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Discontinued a long time ago.
Yeah it has been discontinued. Can still find it new on Ebay or Amazon. Many online shops still list them but if you order they don't have them in stock . Just went through this while replacing the original ones I had....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just bought some not that long ago.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you have wear? Is that why you replaced the PSRS?

Originally Posted by codgi
Yeah it has been discontinued. Can still find it new on Ebay or Amazon. Many online shops still list them but if you order they don't have them in stock . Just went through this while replacing the original ones I had....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:03 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
the spherical bearings will eventually go bad. you can replace them or look for a new set. i'll keep mine forever LOL.
i think Whiteline or Energy makes an offset bushing. it's going to be better than stock, but not have the (anti)anti dive.
still better than the squishy, stock bushings.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by alleggerita
Did you have wear? Is that why you replaced the PSRS?
Originally Posted by kaj
the spherical bearings will eventually go bad. you can replace them or look for a new set. i'll keep mine forever LOL.
i think Whiteline or Energy makes an offset bushing. it's going to be better than stock, but not have the (anti)anti dive.
What Kaj said. I had the original set on about 4.5/5 years and 30k+ miles. My VIII at the time was DD and track driven. Streets here are usually good but a lot of construction has been going on so that probably helped wear them. I bought another set of of either Ebay or Amazon I forget and have the new set on now.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaj
Whiteline KCA400M is same as PSRS
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MRLancer05
Thanks guys. I really like Whiteline stuff, they just threw me off with their "race only" language. I daily this car about 3-4 hundred miles a week. I don't mind the noise, but I don't want the wear out the part prematurely.
If you don't want it to wear out, avoid the Perrin PSRS. There's nothing to cover the ball joint in the middle and since you're daily driving it (most likely it'll see a lot of road debris and rain), it'll wear out pretty fast. The Whiteline KCA400M looks like it has boots over the center so that would be my choice. Another option is the SuperPro DURO3741K that is mostly made of polyurethane but still spherical in the middle.

Originally Posted by kaj
The stock ones were squishy? They really shouldn't be since stocks are spherical. Just not offset. Energy has bushings but those are straight poly with no spherical at all.

Last edited by Piro Fyre; Jun 28, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
If you don't want it to wear out, avoid the Perrin PSRS. There's nothing to cover the ball joint in the middle and since you're daily driving it (most likely it'll see a lot of road debris and rain), it'll wear out pretty fast. The Whiteline KCA400M looks like it has boots over the center so that would be my choice. Another option is the SuperPro DURO3741K that is mostly made of polyurethane but still spherical in the middle.

The stock ones were squishy? They really shouldn't be since stocks are spherical. Just not offset. Energy has bushings but those are straight poly with no spherical at all.

Thanks for information. I went with the whiteline stuff.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 08:03 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Piro Fyre

true: sphericals wear over time (why i didn't go with sphericals through my suspension).

as for the front, lower control arm: maybe mine weren't OEM? i just remember they had some movement in them, but it has been a while.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Delete

Last edited by Grimgrak; Jun 29, 2015 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Perrin PSRS Discontinued?