Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Frame rail question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frame rail question

I got into an accident after a real bright person decided to pull out in front of me at about 10 mph. Insurance decided it was a total loss and I was curious if anyone here can offer some professional help. My concern is there is some wrinkle in the drivers side rail between the fender and bumper but there seems to be nothing wrong near the strut tower. Is this something that really even needs to be fixed and what would be involved/cost to do so if needed? Other than the mounting of a crash beam I'm not sure it matters much. The car will be track only after this. Other than some parts and a new radiator support I should be fine, body shop where it's at said the rail needs to be replaced for a cost of 8k which I think is bull$hit.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Frame rail question-image.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:57 PM

Second pic
Attached Thumbnails Frame rail question-image.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2015, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

that isnt really bad.. but either way...the body shop is right. You might have to replace that horn which you might have to pull the motor.. blah blah etc... front end probaly needs some pulling since it probaly shifted over. If your car is a 2003 than itll be considered totaled because evo parts are so expensive... I looked and messed around on our estimating system at work and parts are rediculously expensive and they consider *** it and total it. Buy it back and go find someone that can fix it for a little less... GL
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:04 PM

Thanks GHevo8. That leg doesn't look like it does anything really, does it really need to be fixed?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts
This part can be replaced. This requires a decent amount of labor. I have pointed it out in the picture by putting it in a red box.

Some shops might cut corners and try to modify it back to normal. Either way its a repair that will take time.

Frame rail question-wrtsxzx.png
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DomP
Thanks GHevo8. That leg doesn't look like it does anything really, does it really need to be fixed?
well it's kinked so it'll need pulling fer sure.. And once you do the pulling than the kink will probably come out not 100% but 75%, that's where you can't get a hammer and dolly in there to straighten it.. But I mean you can pull the car back to specs and not worry about the kink