Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Another review for the Bridgestone RE-71r

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another review for the Bridgestone RE-71r

Just installed these tires on a 18x10+20 ze40's.

First impression: Driving on the street: like many ppl said they do make weird noises on some surfaces, but it didn't bother me much, since I have all sorts of noise coming from my turbo pbv and exhaust.

Comfort-wise. I actually thought they are more comfortable than my Federal 595rs-r or the stock a13. size and profile may have made a difference, since i had 265/35/18's 595rs-r's. Other than that I couldn't tell a difference in performance on the street.

Performance (Track): Yesterday I went to Buttonwillow in CA ran the 13 CW. (First Impression): Like all bridgestone tires, these have really stiff sidewalls. Turn In was perfectly how i liked it. Overall it gripped very well since i can floor it exiting some corners as i couldnt with my 595's before. I didn't know what PSI to set it to so i started off with 30psi cold .

Braking was great, but it might have also been the fact that i upgraded my rotors, new pads, lighter wheels, and fresh brake fluid. lost about 30lbs of rotating mass compared to before, so that may have affected the stopping power a lot more than before.

The temperature at the track was pretty cool yesterday around 70 degrees. I didn't really have to warm up the tires and right off the bat they were grippy as hell. In my first few laps i can definitely feel I was going way faster than when I was in my 595 rs-r's. My feelings were right, i did a 2:06 on the first couple of laps in my first session. (Previously my best was a 2:07 on the 595 rsr).

As the day gone by, the temperature went up. I checked my tire pressure i was around 35psi hot, i had no complaints so i left it at that. These tires are pretty amazing, i never had over heating issues like i did with my 595rsr (in my 595rsr i would start losing grip around the 5th lap, those tires got greasy).

The re71r's were very consistent and I felt very confidant in them. One of my session i did 11 laps and these tires handled it like a champ. My best lap of the day was 2:04 in my last session of the day. Temperatures went up to around 8x degrees, but these tires never lost it. Improvements should be easy. (until next time!)

Overall: I love these tires, so far I have nothing bad to say about them. I don't know how long they will last, since i've only drive about 500 miles on them. (350 back and forth from home to the track and back home, 110 miles track miles, and some random driving here and there).

Well thats about it
Old Feb 22, 2016, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now that its been a few months, how is longevity on the tires? how many miles have you put on them?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another nice review of these tires. Once my MPSS are done, these will be my next purchase.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The 285/30/18 RE71R is available for pre-order through Tire Rack now, FYI. I just ordered a set for the M3