Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PICS: Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are the tiens able to take a few jumps? have you had the car put an a four corner scale yet.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

EVO H8, I also think that the stock suspension is wonderful and it would be extremely difficult to improve much upon it... looks wise you can, but that's not really what I'm after... Anyway, my question is, assuming you use your car as a daily driver, is there any negative aspects with the teins as compared to stock?... and I'm talking only about daily driving.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

The car is looking very nice at that height.

Originally posted by eclipsegs2k1
EVO H8, I also think that the stock suspension is wonderful and it would be extremely difficult to improve much upon it... looks wise you can, but that's not really what I'm after... Anyway, my question is, assuming you use your car as a daily driver, is there any negative aspects with the teins as compared to stock?... and I'm talking only about daily driving.
I actually think there is quite a bit to improve on the stock suspension, but obviously it is quite dependent on the objectives

http://www.selgp.com/evolution_viii1.htm

http://www.selgp.com/FLTA2-RS.htm
Old Apr 14, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say that the only negative aspect of the way I have it set up MIGHT be the height of the car. Its lowered 1 - 1.5 inches. I havent scraped the car anywhere yet, but I have come close when pulling into the usual steep Ny driveways and roads. I enjoy the stiffer feel of the car. On the softer settings, there is barely a difference from stock.

Here is a pic of the EDFC installed in the cubby between the two front seats. I think this is the easiest place to install to because it is in the center of the car, and it is out of the reach of accidentally hitting the buttons:
Attached Thumbnails PICS: Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC-edfcfar.jpg  
Old Apr 14, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

well thanks for the info EVO H8, that's pretty good to know. And FT@SELGP, I just meant that it's a good overall suspension setup and I figured that if you don't know what you are doing then it would be pretty easy to screw it up. Meaning you might be able to improve it for one specific purpose or something but you might lose that balance that the stock suspension has.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

oh thanks for the pic too, i like where you put it, nice, clean and out of the way just as you said
Old Apr 15, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

EDFC looks great in there .
Old Apr 15, 2004, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Can the EDFC store two or three settings and toggle them quickly, or do you have to go up and down incrementally?
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

it can store 3 settings and you cycle through them with the touch of a single button - really easy to use
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

As I said before, it takes 2 seconds at most to switch between 3 different settings. Look at the pic of the EDFC I took. The center 3 buttons are pre-settings that you can set the car at
Old Apr 15, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

How did you know what settings to use, or did you kind of experiment with it some before you figured out what to do?
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

0 is the stiffest setting and 16 is the softest. i usually keep the front and the rear at the same stiffness, but in the pic that I posted, I made the setting uneven to show how it looks. The EDFC is easier to use than posting a reply in this forum.
Old Apr 16, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

haha, well that does sound simple, thanks
Old Apr 18, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Well, after having the coilovers installed for the past week and a half, I have changed the setting on my everyday stiffness setup of the EDFC.

Initially I was driving around with both the front and rear set at 0, which is the stiffest setting out of 16. I got sick of swerving to avoid the slightest NY pot holes, so I now have the car set at the 8 setting, which is the middle stiffness. This setting is just the slightest bit stiffer than stock and is a decent, road-hugging ride.

I found that when I drove around the bumpy streets that the 0 setting made the car literally bounce and it didnt handle as well as the middle setting on bumpy roads. Having a little play in the suspension is good when taking turns on not-so-flat roads.

When I set it to the softest setting - 16 - the car rides way softer than stock. This setting is what I like to call the "girlfriend setting". What is annoying is that on the softest setting, the dampers make a bird chirping noise when going over every bump. It sounds like I have a BOV in each corner of the car! I am not quite sure if this is healthy for the suspension or not, but the car rides dam smooth.

My review of this suspension setup is 10 out of 10. The suspension is PERFECT for street use. You could not ask for a better street setup. And when I take the car to road courses such as Watkins Glen, etc., I am sure that the car is going to perform flawlessly on the 0 setting on the smooth, bumpless race track.

If your car is a daily driver, and you road race it often/once in a while, this is the IDEAL suspension setup. There is no jacking up the car to adjust each coilover just to change the stiffness of the suspension. What would take me 2 hours to change on any other non-electronic-controlled coilover suspension, only takes me 2 seconds to change on the Teins with EDFC.

Tein Flex + EDFC is the best suspension that you can get for your daily driver/ road course racer. Worth every penny.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Great review, im sold.

Well...im sold in a few months I guess

Quick Reply: PICS: Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC