Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment after Drop and rear sway bar feels worse...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard a lot of people say their suspension is worse off after lowering their car even with good quality parts another reason I'm keepin my stock setup (cept adding a few bars)
Old Sep 20, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spyderx
Just lowered my car w/ Eibachs and Progress rear sway bar. I swear my RS felt a lot more neutral and felt planted but after an alignment it feels a little nervous and not as settled. What gives, can you take a look below and provide feedback?

I told the tech to use factory specs but w/ near zero toes:

Before,
Rear L/R camber -1.8/-1.6 Toe 0.32/0.12
Front L/R camber -1.3/-1.3 Toe -0.08/0.25

After,
Rear L/R camber -1.4/-0.9 Toe 0.10/0.08
Front L/R camber -1.3/-1.3 Toe 0.01/0.01

Anyone suggest a better setup for street performance?

thanks
A couple of thoughts. Your right front camber needs attention; they might need to losten the bottom strut mounting bolts and try to find some play there. I'd also have them try for 1.5/1.5 camber in the front and .5/.5 camber in the rear. The rear has plenty of adjustability. They did a decent job of evening out the toe, but with the front toed out, the car will feel less stable. I'd ask them to try for 0 all around with toe.

Other things to consider are that a non-stock sway bar, different rims, different tire presures, etc. will all change how your car's suspension feels. Once you have good starting point you can try adjusting tire presures slightly and making small changes in future alignments to get the car to where you want it. Once you mod it, your suspension will probably need some tuning to get it dialed in just right.

This doesn't necessarily apply to you, but a couple of other people were talking about tire wear, so: Too much toe (either in or out) is going to increase tire wear much more than your camber settings will. Think of too much toe in as trying to ski down a hill while doing the "snow-plow"; your skies sliding across the snow would be the same as your tires getting pushed across the pavement. It's something most people know, but don't really think about.