Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

RPS Pre-Order Sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPS Pre-Order Sale

http://store.evostore.com/rpscatwdicl.html

These are in stock now.

"This is the ultimate twin carbon-carbon clutch system on the market today. Carbon, stainless steel, billet aluminum, hard anodize, optional titanium, need we say more?? All the benefits of RPS standard Turboclutch Carbon with even higher levels of technology for the ultimate high performance street and track use. Carbon-carbon is used in Formula One racing for brake and clutch systems. It is also used by Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Import racing for their brake systems. The advantages of carbon-carbon are many, including smooth engagement, long life, high heat capacity, light weight discs, will not glaze over, burn up, or smell. Utilizing only the world's finest clutch design and technology. Billet aerospace aluminum, Cro-Moly, stainless steel carbon-carbon, and optional titanium.

The difference between the rest you ask? This is the only 100% Carbon/Carbon clutch on the market. Only clutch in which the flywheel, floater, and pressure plate mating surfaces all have carbon inserts therefore there is no warping, no hotspots, no slipping. The hotter it gets the more it grabs. Want more? This clutch is fully rebuild and the rebuild kit is only $400.

The Pro Drag clutch is the one you want if you are making big power and will be mostly drag racing. The disc and the floater are more robust for drag racing therefore far stronger and shatter proof.

Torque Cap: 800+ Type: 10" Carbon Carbon

$2795 for pre orders with free shipping
$3195 Pro Drag for pre orders with free shipping

RPS

Last edited by Geo@EvoStore; Nov 9, 2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:41 PM

First, I would like to thank TITAN in choosing RPS as there Twin Disc Clutch source in there Retail Program. I can understand for many of you, choosing the difference between brands can be difficult to break down and analize what is good for your pocket book and overall compromise when purchasing a $2500+ clutch. In clutches and flywheel related subjects are almost not talked about in depth. Let us help you understand more in this subject in our views. And would like to answer anyone's questions in our Clutch & Flywheel products.
Cheers,

Last edited by RPSPP; Oct 7, 2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

I have the RPS street clutch and love the product. If you don't have alot of mods or have around 300WHP the street clutch with exedy disk is awesome also

RPS makes quality products

Last edited by snoop; Oct 7, 2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by snoop
I have the RPS street clutch and love the product. If you don't have alot of mods or have around 300WHP the street clutch with exedy disk is awesome also

RPS makes quality products
Thank you for the support Snoop!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well got a couple questions. Been looking into your clutch along with a couple of others. The ATS clutch is only 9" and rumor has it you need some adapter to make it fit. Is this true with yours since its 10". Do you have a pull to push conversion like the Giken clutch? Also with the new engine i will be upwards of 650-700whp am i going to have any problems?

Chris
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

Yes it is the only true 10" Carbon Carbon clutch. 700whp will be no problem. It is meant to hold 1000ft lbs of torque. Make sure you get the Pro one. One major thing with the other carbon cluthes like the ATS is that you will need the tripple to support that kind of power. When it goes, each disk cost almost $600. For the price of 1 disk you can get the RPS completely rebuilt. Also includes 180 day warranty which nobody else offers.

It does not include a pull to push conversion.

Last edited by Geo@EvoStore; Oct 15, 2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Geo@EvoStore
Yes it is the only true 10" Carbon Carbon clutch. 700whp will be no problem. It is meant to hold 1000ft lbs of torque. Make sure you get the Pro one. One major thing with the other carbon cluthes like the ATS is that you will need the tripple to support that kind of power. When it goes, each disk cost almost $600. For the price of 1 disk you can get the RPS completely rebuilt. Also includes 180 day warranty which nobody else offers.

It does not include a pull to push conversion.
Right on the facts GEO!!!! You the man!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Well got a couple questions. Been looking into your clutch along with a couple of others. The ATS clutch is only 9" and rumor has it you need some adapter to make it fit. Is this true with yours since its 10". Do you have a pull to push conversion like the Giken clutch? Also with the new engine i will be upwards of 650-700whp am i going to have any problems?

Chris
>>The ATS clutch is only 9" and rumor has it you need some adapter to make it fit
I would also add to the answer of why change the superior pull design to a inferior push design. You are adding more misc complex parts (conversion push style) to convert an already (from the factory) supiour clutch layout.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

up
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:10 PM

RPS is releasing the Twin disc Carbon-Carbon on the 8th of November.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 03:15 PM
Account Disabled

Officially released. We have the only ones available for weeks. Get yours while they last and get it in 3-4 days anywhere in the country.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

So for a car with about 300-350WHP would this be extremely overkill or the last clutch I would ever buy?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 03:57 PM
Account Disabled

Definately the last clutch you will ever buy. Is it overkill? That really depends on you. If you rarely drag race and mostly just drive your car on the street there are other clutches that will work great for you that are cheaper.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well heres the thing, I recently took my car to the track for the 1st time and I am hooked! But the only problem is I know the stock clutch isn't going to hold much longer and I don't want to break my TC or anything else because of that. So I will be racing but mostly driving the car on the street. I've been looking at the ACT because its cheap and seems reliable but if i'm going to have to eventually replace it again and again, it seems worth while to just buy this now and then rebuild it if needed. I've searched up a bit and people say that Mitsu designed the clutch to go before the transfer case and when upgrading to a new aftermarket clutch it puts more stress on the TC. Is this clutch going to put more stress on the TC or will the clutch take it all in?
Old Dec 20, 2004, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by sleet
Well heres the thing, I recently took my car to the track for the 1st time and I am hooked! But the only problem is I know the stock clutch isn't going to hold much longer and I don't want to break my TC or anything else because of that. So I will be racing but mostly driving the car on the street. I've been looking at the ACT because its cheap and seems reliable but if i'm going to have to eventually replace it again and again, it seems worth while to just buy this now and then rebuild it if needed. I've searched up a bit and people say that Mitsu designed the clutch to go before the transfer case and when upgrading to a new aftermarket clutch it puts more stress on the TC. Is this clutch going to put more stress on the TC or will the clutch take it all in?
The Carbon-Carbon will take it all in. It is a clutch that is much smoother than stock clutch. And slipping the clutch will provide the tranfered power to the ground without added stress to the TC. There isn't any other clutch like it!
Cheers,

Quick Reply: RPS Pre-Order Sale