Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

MUST SEE! NEW EVO Oil Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:35 AM
Gold Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ODB4G63 - PM sent, keep in touch.

We received another shipment today of 50 cans, we have these in-stock and we can ship express shipping to make it to you by x-mas

Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by LancerShop.com
ODB4G63 - PM sent, keep in touch.

We received another shipment today of 50 cans, we have these in-stock and we can ship express shipping to make it to you by x-mas

Sorry I have no PM's......could you try again?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 04:29 PM
Gold Sponsor

We have about 30 units left in-stock and ready for immediate shipment

Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

will it fit monster sport front strut brace?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Will it fit with the Cusco cf strut tower brace?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Ehhhhhhh..............still like the other cans better......

When somone looks under your hood they might not catch that as they would with a regular oil can.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:29 AM
Gold Sponsor

We have not test fitted this part with any other strut tower braces yet, and weapon R said it will only work the stock bar

Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Not to be a smart #ss, but how does oil travel uphill? The location for that oil catch can is higher than the valve cover. Therefore, oil would have to travel uphill. Am I right?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitet777
Not to be a smart #ss, but how does oil travel uphill? The location for that oil catch can is higher than the valve cover. Therefore, oil would have to travel uphill. Am I right?

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out!!!

I was just going to see what people thought of it
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokey
I was wondering when someone was going to point that out!!!

I was just going to see what people thought of it
Anybody else agree with me?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Glad somebody pointed that out. I was waiting who would be the one to ask. Also you have to remember that the catch cans are for off road and racing purposes only, so if the cops pulls you over and sees that, they will ask what it is and if it has a A.R.B. # on it.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ex-honda
Glad somebody pointed that out. I was waiting who would be the one to ask. Also you have to remember that the catch cans are for off road and racing purposes only, so if the cops pulls you over and sees that, they will ask what it is and if it has a A.R.B. # on it.
Ok that is a little over the top.....I have never heard of a cop pulling anyone over and looking for a catch can or for that matter a missing cat converter or a missing charcoal canister. I don't live in a very emmisions strict state but I bet no one has ever gotten a ticket for a catch can. As far as the "uphill" debate....I would think that since it is pressure from the head causing the oil/air to come out that the pressure would push the oil into the catch can and then the air on into the intake. I do not believe that gravity plays any part of it so the fact that it is above the head souldn't cause a problem. I have been wrong at least once before but this is my understanding.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Air pressure and oil pressure are two different things. Just because there is air pressure in the valve cover does not mean that it will force a trickle of oil uphill into a catch can. That requires oil pressure. If there were a solid flow of oil at a certain pressure, then it would travel uphill, sideways, backways, whatever ways There is only a small amount of oil that comes out of the valve cover at a time. I've had my catch can (installed downhill) for almost a year now, and it is not full yet.

Plus, even if oil made it up to the catch can, what would prevent it from coming back down? Especially if the can is getting close to being full.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:40 PM

I don't think there would be any adverse side effects of keeping the oil in the motor versus the catch can. The goal it to keep it out of the intake system. I don't know really I am just thinking out loud. Anyways I ordered the thing a few days ago so we will see how it all works out I guess.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODB4G63
I don't think there would be any adverse side effects of keeping the oil in the motor versus the catch can. The goal it to keep it out of the intake system. I don't know really I am just thinking out loud. Anyways I ordered the thing a few days ago so we will see how it all works out I guess.
You do have a valid point there. But then, why have a can at all? You could just cut a longer hose to connect your valve cover to your intake and make sure the hose has to go uphill a little ways. That would keep the oil in like you said, and cost about $2. I just know that the oil that normally burbles it way up into the valve cover to be exhausted out into the intake is not always the nicest oil. Catch cans tend to get full of frothy oily yumminess.

Quick Reply: MUST SEE! NEW EVO Oil Catch Can