Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Trying to get to all the PM today. I am getting about 100 PM's a day along with another couple hundred emails. I will get back to you asap.
Ok thanks.

I can understand you/Rnr are very busy at the moment. Maybe next time you can complete one GB befor starting another.

Look forward to the PM and my Rnr products

Isty
Old Feb 5, 2005, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by CAR7
Look forward to the PM and my Rnr products
still waiting for your reply. Any news is better than nothing at all
Old Feb 6, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CAR7
Ryan

Have you sent out my order today? as promised, again
bwwwhqaaaaaaaaaa sounds excactly what he did to me!!!!!!! hopefully they send everything you need with it the first time!!!!! the quality of the kit is sweet but the customer service/promises suck!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:08 AM

Hey

I'm part of this 2nd Group Buy and I'm getting pretty tired of waiting...and waiting...and waiting. silverofs is right about the promises which are really starting to sound very patronising.
Regardless of the quality of their merchandise, they will need to buck up on their customer service if they are going to keep their customers happy...especially fellas from overseas like myself. The constant delays and waiting doesn't exactly inspire confidence of any sort.

Originally Posted by silverofs
bwwwhqaaaaaaaaaa sounds excactly what he did to me!!!!!!! hopefully they send everything you need with it the first time!!!!! the quality of the kit is sweet but the customer service/promises suck!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BakZamGai
Hey

I'm part of this 2nd Group Buy and I'm getting pretty tired of waiting...and waiting...and waiting. silverofs is right about the promises which are really starting to sound very patronising.
Regardless of the quality of their merchandise, they will need to buck up on their customer service if they are going to keep their customers happy...especially fellas from overseas like myself. The constant delays and waiting doesn't exactly inspire confidence of any sort.
i'll share what happened to me so you guys can compare to my story!!!! i ordered a standard bearing kit with a 60trim to4e,780 injectors & a intake pipe. ryan says to me for sure it will be done & to you (i forget but it was a friday about 3 weeks after i ordered it. so this date comes up & "he says we have ran into a few problems" it will be out tomorrow so i respect that and wait so like 3 or 4 days later he sends my kit.
i'm all excited open up the box everything looks good but wait it's missing parts (lower ic pipe, intake pipe couplers, no injectors.) so i call up to see where there @ & they say is your name "jay or something" bwwwhaaaaaaaaaa obviously i'm not the only one. so i talk to ryan & say where is everything & he says "well we didn't have the injectors here but we sent you the rest of the stuff to check out so you can see the quality" so am i supposed to put it on the wall & look @ it??? i mean his stuff is nice but i can tell you this will be the last i buy something from him just because of the customer service & lack of detail when talking & shipping to me.
it would have been better if would have taken the time to just get everything together & check the order before he shipped it. ( i have asked for a receipt a good 5 times or so & still have not received one.
anyway good luck guys you will be happy when you get the kit but you just have to deal with the excuses.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Guys, everyone that has received their kits have been more than happy. With the prices as low as we offered we honestly couldn't keep up with the demand. We try to keep everyone informed with their order at all times through PM, etc

I have in several occasions shipped stuff overnight just so you could have parts asap.
I do apoligize for the wait. If you have received a partial shipment that was because we didn't have eveything and wanted you to at least see the quality work.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i know how it gets ....guys you need to understand you (customers) outnumber him (rnr/ryan and associates) 50:1 if not worse when you are doing a group buy. It is difficult to do anything getting 100+pms and emails a day...oh well i am sure when all said and done they all will love the kits (especially for that rediculously low cost) and everyone will end up happy
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

don't get me wrong my kit is awsome!!!!!! it hauls *** i was just speaking of the promises ect. ryan just needs to set a reasonable date for things instead of making dates that are not really acheivable. this way the customers don't get there hopes up.
thanks ryan for getting everything that i needed.
if you could a receipt would be nice.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

I was in the first group buy that Ryan had and I still have not received my whole kit yet BUTI honestly don't have a problem with it. Ryan has replied to all of my PMs within a reasonable amount of time. I actually feel better when he doesn't get to my PM for a couple of days because that way I know he is working on getting our kits put together and not messing around on the computer. I just think we are all anxious and I can't say I blame everyone, especially after seeing the quality of the exhaust manifold! However, I planned ahead because I wanted to make sure that I had the kit installed and everything tuned so it was ready for spring (winter project). If you guys were looking to get a kit within a week or something you should have just bought one at retail or bought a kit from a different manufacturer. Me personally, I think it is well worth the wait. The other kits on the market just can't compare with the quality or price of the RNR kit!

Just my 2 cents but I think we should be thanking Ryan and his gang not taking shots at them. A couple of things might happen by taking shots at them: they may think twice about having another group buy, in which case a great deal of people might lose out because they won't be able to afford the kits at retail or it may even discourage other vendors from having group buys because they see how little benefit they get from them.... hmmm bustin their hump to make a ton of kits and have the profit margin be really small because they cut their prices by so much or just make a few and sell them at retail and make the same amount. Just something to think about....
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well, here is my mess. No idea where any of this stuff goes. I thought i was getting a GT 35R turbo with ported housing. Cant find Garrets name anywhere. Hell, i dont even know if its ball bearing let alone ported. Also needed an intake pipe to fit my stock box. Check out the pipe, this oughta be an exact fit. . What the heck is that small s shaped pipe for??? Nuts and bolts "oh mi". Can someone tell me if i got what i ordered?? Ray
Attached Thumbnails Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale-turbo1.jpg   Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale-turbo2.jpg   Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale-turbo3.jpg   Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale-turbo4.jpg   Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale-turbo5.jpg  

Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Do not in any way shape or form take the previous post as a flame. Its real easy to read someones words and create an emotion to go behind them. The correct emotion to go behind the previous post is "intimidation and frustration". Questions like where does the hardware go?? What is the torque spec on a banjo bolt?? What is the s shape piece of tubing for?? Why is the hole in the brass fitting in the turbo bearing housing so small?? Can i reuse my exhaust manifold gasget?? or do i have to buy a new one?? I EXPLICITLY stated i needed an intake to fit the stock airbox. Did i get the wrong one?? Is my turbo ported?? Where do all the metal braided hoses hook up to?? What is that little baggie of stuff for?? Will the down pipe fit my Buschur 3" cat?? Doesnt look like it... I think you get the picture.......RRR
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

PRECISION?? Dude is that a real GT series Turbo? Ryan??
Old Feb 9, 2005, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by platinumspecv
PRECISION?? Dude is that a real GT series Turbo? Ryan??
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

removed

Last edited by jj_008; Feb 9, 2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Wow I thought my experience was bad with these guys, but i guess there are others. I hope you guys get your things fixed up. I am finally supposed to recieve my 2 piece downpipe after 3 months. I was part of the first group buy.
I might have to double check my turbo to make sure I got the right one.
Good luck guys.

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit Group Buy 2 (Lowest Prices) 3 Day Sale