Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Tubular Manifold 239$ Shipped Stainless!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2005, 06:06 AM
dru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed this manifold on my car last night. I am going out to the dyno today. I am also getting my flash updated, so I cant really gauge the difference in power/torque.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

did need to be retune for this manifold?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:27 PM

Anyone pay to have the manifold and o2 housing installed? What is a reasonable charge for this?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 09:32 PM

are they still for sale?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by itsa281
are they still for sale?
Yes still in stock.

Chris
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
so i want the anti lag system where can i get that?
The best way to get the anti lag system is with Vitamin C. The nutrients contained within will heighten your senses and allow you to forsee the near future. This will allow you to put your foot down when a camaro is creeping up on you . You can purchase the anti-lag system at any 7-11 or Diamond Shamrock. It works even better if your chicky buys it for you and serves it to you with biscuits and gravy
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:29 PM

is it carb or smog legal in cali???
Old Apr 20, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mhutch
The best way to get the anti lag system is with Vitamin C. The nutrients contained within will heighten your senses and allow you to forsee the near future. This will allow you to put your foot down when a camaro is creeping up on you . You can purchase the anti-lag system at any 7-11 or Diamond Shamrock. It works even better if your chicky buys it for you and serves it to you with biscuits and gravy

well, according to the last post, i highly doubt there's much of a carb issue. vitamins usually are carb free, or low in carb. as for smog, cali's all smog. everything you breathe in cali is smog.

sorry... just having phun. don't know. i don't live in a state where i get tested for that stuff.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Sold out will post when more are in stock. BTW if you need any megan products let me know.

Thanks guys

Chris
Old Apr 23, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Just giving everyone an update. I installed the manifold on my 05' MR. The installation went well except matching the manifold to sit on top of the turbo. A modification had to be made where the left rear bolt connects it to the turbo. On the manifold it's self I had to take off and put it in a vise and drill the hole out about a 1/4 inch so the posts would line up. Other then that it fit perfectly. Now that it is installed you can't even tell where I had to make the adjustment. I thinking maybe it had to do with my car being a 05'. At any rate I like the turbo manifold and would recommend to other buyers.

Old Apr 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Hey EvoPolice, could you post some before and after comparsion in terms of power, spool up, etc? Thanks. Now I'm thinking about getting this too.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

First thing you will notice is that there is alot more heat coming from your hood vent since the heat shield is removed during the install. Truthfully it's really hard to describe a huge difference, since I have other mods, and didn't dyno my car before and after. Biggest difference I felt right off the bat was the throttle response, and the spool up seemed to be faster. As far as butt dyno, in the lower gears 1st and 2nd, the rpms seemed to go up faster. Kind of wish I had did a before and after dyno. Also the manifold looks great in the engine bay, showed a few friends today and they all said it looked great.

As stated in my prior post, I just had to make the hole a little bigger on the rear left post hole on the manifold to make it fit perfect. Maybe on the 03-04 evo's, they may not have this problem.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Can it be tapped for an EGT probe?
Old Apr 24, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dadriva
Can it be tapped for an EGT probe?
My friend who is a mechanic stated that he believes that a EGT sensor can be screwed into one of the so called anti lag holes.

If you look in the pic you can see where it might be possible as long as the threading on the EGT sensor is either 5/8" or metric 16.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:04 PM

No it's not legal in cali, but then again what is?! Its really easy to swap out if ya do get pulled over with it on, so........ DO IT!

Quick Reply: Tubular Manifold 239$ Shipped Stainless!!