Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Megan turbobacks ($545 shipped)/turbo manifolds/O2 housings available again!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lagcisco
Hows the exhaust sound? is it loud?
it is obviously louder then stock, but when cruising around it is barely noticeable as being aftermarket. The resonated test pipe really helps out alot. It takes on an entirely different character when you step on the gas, and sounds completely great.

I have a digital camcorder, next weekend on my way to the shootout I'll try and take some footage for thsoe that are interested. I noticed that the one sound clip page does NOT have any soundclips of the megan racing exhaust, so i think it would be useful.

Seriously, if you are going to buy a turboback, this one is a GREAT deal and Zeus is one of the best vendors I've ever dealt with.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah i'd want to hear soundclips.

Oh yeah zeus i sent you the payment, about how long does it take?

Last edited by aboh6leenz; Aug 8, 2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 05:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
any pics
See links above!!!

aboh6leenz,

It is Z-E-U-S! A name not chosen, but given... they go out UPS ground from Megan in CA. So, about five days or less.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

PM me the best deal you can give me on a megan 3" cat-back exhaust... and do they come with hangers and gaskets and bolts? zip code = 30144

thx =]
Old Aug 9, 2005, 09:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
PM me the best deal you can give me on a megan 3" cat-back exhaust... and do they come with hangers and gaskets and bolts? zip code = 30144

thx =]
You should be able to bolt it right up with all included... $360 shipped in the continuous 48 states.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

ZEUS is the man! I got my tracking info with the quickness. Thanks again man and for everything else you helped me with about the exhaust. Now I just have to wait, but once i get it i'll leave more good comments. Also i'll get a stock and megan vid so everyone can hear and see.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

does the stock muffler directly bolt onto the megan catback?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 07:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

No!
Old Aug 12, 2005, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

order placed
Old Aug 12, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Any rubbing issues on the MR?...and is there a option of picking a straight thru testpipe instead of the resonator? and is there a better price including the o2 housing/exhaust manifold w/ the turbo back?
Old Aug 12, 2005, 09:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I've not had a customer with an MR (to my knowledge). At first there was a scare with thinking the downpipes would not fit 05'. However, seems it must have been a quality control issue as no one has complained since.

The package is "as is". Megan only offers one 3" Evo delete pipe which is a resonated "straight thru testpipe" with NO reductions in inner diameter.

If you want the TBE and manifold/O2 housing, you can have it for $865 (it's going up to $915) shipped in the continuous 48 states this weekend only.

All prices are going up after Sunday!

The $545 TBE package will bump up to $580 shipped in the continuous 48 states.

The $320 manifold/O2 housing package will bump up to $335 shipped in the continuous 48 states!

Last edited by Zeus; Aug 12, 2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

just got home from work and i see two big boxes. Yup I received my megan tbe. It looks pretty nice, everything is so bling bling! I will weigh it tomorrow and maybe install it if i have the time. The blue tip part has a little scratch on it though . Oh well i dont really give a **** its still a nice piece.

to zeus
Old Aug 13, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

just paid......shoot me a tracking # when it goes out....thanks!!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 09:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Will do...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, mostly everything was pretty easy except getting some bolts off etc etc... Zeus has been very helpful also.

Some problems that occured:
- the resonator now also has an o2 bung (so does the catback), but comes with a plug.
- the o2 bung faces a little bit downwards so the o2 sensor and antifoulers sit a little lower- it doesnt sit low enough to hit anything though.
- one of the hangers was about 2 inches off- so we had to muscle it.
- they dont supply you with 1 bolt for the hanger and you need about 6 nuts( can be had for under $2).
- one of the downpipe bolts got stripped while putting on the new downpipe ( the bolt megan provided) so I dont know how i'm going to get it off .

Everything else but these very minor problems occured. Everything else was great especially the quality and sound tone. I will get vids up sometime today if i get the chance- it is noticeably louder then stock, of course. But sounds beefy and not raspy or annoying like some other tbe I have heard. I can also feel a slight difference in power and spools up a bit early- my butt dyno isnt very good...

Thanks Zeus and everyone else that helped me. Overall experience was great, fast shipping, very helpful, and good quality.

Quick Reply: Megan turbobacks ($545 shipped)/turbo manifolds/O2 housings available again!