Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

NEW!!!!! GT Spec Evolution Header!!!! Dyno Proven!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no problem, ill be over there tommorow maybe you can pm me your fax #, i could probably fax it to you, in case i cant scan
Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:37 AM
Silver Sponsor

801-619-1799

Put ATTN: Ben
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lemacfar
megan Racing headers make 15whp w/ no tune.. they are dyno pruven in front of my eyes down here....
Okay, does the Megan racing header need a bung welded on also? Post up that dyno for an Evo with this header and no tune if possible. I am very curious. I'm looking for some bolt on power for my stock 04 Evo.

Last edited by Dayton_EVO; Aug 30, 2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:26 AM
Silver Sponsor

I have talked a little to GT spec about getting EGT bungs welded on. It is posible we can do it but there are a couple problems. Alot of probes use a different thread pitch(most do use 1/8"NPT) and there is still some debate in the market which cylinder to put the probe on.(some say cyl 1 some say cyl 2) so it will be hard to make the whole market happy with just one option and it is just not cost effective to have them made to order since they are not made in the US.

I will discuss it a little more with them.

In the mean time lets get a list going!!!!

If you want in on this group buy just shoot me a PM!!!

Ben
Old Sep 15, 2005, 02:29 PM
Silver Sponsor

Group buy will close 9/23. You will need to have payment to us by this date to recieve this pricing. After that pricing will go up to normal. They are schedualed to arrive any day now so hurry to make sure you get yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben
Old Sep 30, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

HOLY ****.. up to 500..? geez.. from GT spec?..cmon.they make nice stuff..but GT Spec are like Rotas...cept Rotas copy everthing...this seem to be unique to GT Spec..

the Manifold looks like it has bigger tubing than some of the other header out there..but its not equal lenght..like most of em...the megan,ssauto,maxford..have good welds too..but you dont see em charge 500 for their header...WOW

keep it low..guys..all your sus. stuff is good quality..and to bar w. names like Cusco..but you just CANT charge as much...weird huh..?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mksevo
this is for Ty1234

just so you can see other options and compare apple to apples. here is the link on this forum for comparison.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=154155
Maxford exhaust.
Thanks for the post! Really helped. I almost wanted to buy this one.

Originally Posted by lemarcfar
megan Racing headers make 15whp w/ no tune.. they are dyno pruven in front of my eyes down here....
Thanks for this dude. I am going for Megan.

Us Evo owners are not rich kids with loaded parents. Please be considerable when pricing your products~
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

does it come with those bungs in between the runners on the flange?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 07:38 AM
Account Disabled

there are 2 versions - the one shown is for the Evo VII, as they have anti lag. The other version has no bungs whatsoever

the primary difference between the GT Spec and some others on the market are twofold

1. 1.75 inch diameter tubing

2. wax cut for the gaskets - no other manifold I have seen has this

equal vs non equal length - in some applications, this becomes critical, due to the physical size/length of the manifold. However, nothing with cars operates in a vacuum. Manifold selection is highly dependant on many factors, such as head port diameter, valve diameter, cam selection, turbo selection, amount of boost you run, etc etc. Just because something is "equal length" does not automatically make it better - it makes it different. With a manifold as short as the Evo's, and with the vast majority of people retaining the stock turbo, I think in a header shootout (same car, different headers tested and tuned), you would be surprised at the results
Old Oct 3, 2005, 09:16 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by TD05HR
HOLY ****.. up to 500..? geez.. from GT spec?..cmon.they make nice stuff..but GT Spec are like Rotas...cept Rotas copy everthing...this seem to be unique to GT Spec..

the Manifold looks like it has bigger tubing than some of the other header out there..but its not equal lenght..like most of em...the megan,ssauto,maxford..have good welds too..but you dont see em charge 500 for their header...WOW

keep it low..guys..all your sus. stuff is good quality..and to bar w. names like Cusco..but you just CANT charge as much...weird huh..?

Have you ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?

I have seen some of these ebay headers and am disturbed by the low quality of them.

Saying that GT Spec just copies things is not fair. They have many products out there that they are the first of thier kind. The trunk cage for the evo and subaru, Subframe etc...... It is difficult to make a strut brace 100 different ways.

This one is backed up by numbers and has been proven. As well as equal length is not always the best design. This manifold is designed to work best with the twin scroll setup that the stock turbo has.

FatheroftheEVO - IT does come with the bungs in this first batch. If you wait for the next batch we can get you ones without the bungs.

Z1 - Thanks for the help

Ben
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:00 AM

O.K. so what's the cost to 11548
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:17 AM
Silver Sponsor

539.10 Shipped to you

Ben
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
there are 2 versions - the one shown is for the Evo VII, as they have anti lag. The other version has no bungs whatsoever

the primary difference between the GT Spec and some others on the market are twofold

1. 1.75 inch diameter tubing

2. wax cut for the gaskets - no other manifold I have seen has this

equal vs non equal length - in some applications, this becomes critical, due to the physical size/length of the manifold. However, nothing with cars operates in a vacuum. Manifold selection is highly dependant on many factors, such as head port diameter, valve diameter, cam selection, turbo selection, amount of boost you run, etc etc. Just because something is "equal length" does not automatically make it better - it makes it different. With a manifold as short as the Evo's, and with the vast majority of people retaining the stock turbo, I think in a header shootout (same car, different headers tested and tuned), you would be surprised at the results
ok i thought that was for the homoligated anti-lag. thats pretty freakin sweet.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
Have you ever heard of the saying you get what you pay for?

I have seen some of these ebay headers and am disturbed by the low quality of them.

Saying that GT Spec just copies things is not fair. They have many products out there that they are the first of thier kind. The trunk cage for the evo and subaru, Subframe etc...... It is difficult to make a strut brace 100 different ways.

This one is backed up by numbers and has been proven. As well as equal length is not always the best design. This manifold is designed to work best with the twin scroll setup that the stock turbo has.

FatheroftheEVO - IT does come with the bungs in this first batch. If you wait for the next batch we can get you ones without the bungs.

Z1 - Thanks for the help

Ben
NO..apparently i dont know what it means by " you get what you pay for" lol

hey i like GT spec stuff...cheap and looks like cusco stuff..well at lease their braces..its the company i would buy for my evo if i wanted those things...who wanna pay more for cusco and other companies when GT spec is cheaper and does the same..? get my point..?

the header looks bad ***..i gotta say..it doesnt matter how you or I put it though...yeah its "proven" and all..but the price is a big no no..hey! but ppl will buy..its an open market..so have fun..

Last edited by TD05HR; Oct 3, 2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

this only fits the stock turbo correct? Does it come with a t3 flange?

Quick Reply: NEW!!!!! GT Spec Evolution Header!!!! Dyno Proven!!!!!