Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

3"Turbo Backs $499

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesnt it seem like it angles pretty far down from around where the cat is?...Also why doesnt the tip sit straight...I have it mounted on the hangers in the correct positions...I think the problem is the slip exhaust tip pipe is just a tap to long and the angle that the slip fit tip slids into the other slip fit section...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
did you line up the slip sections with the exhaust off the car or on?? try removing everything behind the cat/testpipe including the muffler hangers from the car... mount the hangers on the exhaust than connect them back to the car... when the exhaust is off you may want to try slipping the sections together again... the bandclamp doesn't seem to be supertight in the pics.... mine has a little dip in it but i have two resonators in the intermediate pipe. My muffler is centered though... maybe one of the hangers for the muffler got bent in shipping??
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

superman, it looks like there either needs an adjustment somewhere or you might have something installed wrong. It will be at an angle like that, but a little more centered. This is a full 3" Turbo Back so it will need to hang to clear everything properly. PM me if there are any other questions, Ryan
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:52 AM

Do you offer a DP that does not have the flex section? Will your catback mate up properly w/ the Helix DP and HF cat? Does the addition of one resonator significantly decrease the flow of the exhaust and will it significantly lower the volume of the exhaust? I currently have the Greddy Ti w/ a Helix DP and HF cat and am coming to the conclusion that it is a little loud for my taste. The fit, finish and weight of the Greddy Ti is the best I have seen, but I would be willing to sacrifice a little weights savings for a quieter (but similar performing) exhaust system.

How much for the TBE (minus the HF cat) w/ the Magnaflow muffler and one resonator shipped to 22043? How much for just the catback w/ the Magnaflow muffler and one resonator.

Sorry for the long post, but if I am going to replace my current exhaust system I want to be sure I am making an informed decision.

Thanks,

mahunc

PS. if anyone is interested in a used Greddy Ti I may have one for sale shortly.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

The resonator doesn't hurt performance unless you are trying to make 500-600hp. If you are looking for a quiet catback system then go with this.

3"catback
magnaflow muffler
(2) resonators

This will quiet and still perform great. Let me know if there are any other questions. Getting back to all PM's this morning.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Polished/unpolished

So is there really a difference besides look? Does one rust quicker, does the unpolished look crappy?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

The polished one is just more bling, bling. The unpolished just looks like raw stainless.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Is the magnaflow muffler polished?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

yes
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:31 PM

I got my full TBE with w/high flow cat and magnaflow, the quality is very nice...I will be a at Buschur racing next week for a dyno tune+a few other mods, and we shall see what happens when the rubber meets the road.

I would like to say thanks to RnR for a great customer service experience and a quick turn around on my exhaust.

I will video the DYNO run next week and post after that. That should give us a nice idea of what the exhaust sounds like wide open.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

I just installed my Helix HFC and messed with the way my exhaust sits...See my previous post with pics earlier in this thread...Well I got the exhaust mounted up higher so it wont bottom out and got the exhaust tip to sit straighter in the bumper but I still need to get one of the hangers heated up and bent because of where the bend is...I love this exhaust...
Old Jan 29, 2006, 08:49 PM

3" Turbo back that's not loud

Can you please PM for local pu in san diego, CA including Black Stealth System & Magnaflow. Any local muffler shops you can recommend to have it bolted and welded up? Is there a particular header that works best with your system?
I want a rock solid, not too loud system any other recommendations?
-Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

We can install it. There is no welding required on the install.

I would definitely have to recommend our header. The RnR Header works great with 30whp/20ft lbs gains.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

All PM's sent.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

So Ryan, you're saying your header is better than the stock one? I was told upgrading the header is uneccessary unless you are running an upgraded turbo. Better to just get the stocker ceramic coated.

Quick Reply: 3"Turbo Backs $499