Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~
Rich, when should I be expecting my black grain kit?
he stated it before
Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

a/c relocator

hey rich, would it be possible to purchase the a/c relocator only and if so how much would that cost?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
he stated it before
o really where

all I could find is this:

Originally Posted by Rich@Orbital
...followed by the black grained kits sometime shortly after 07/21.
Just wondering if there was a for sure date yet thats all?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MBaran
i will ask again since we are being delayed.

is there any chance we can get a light kit (clock, cig, hvac) in exchange for the whatever percent discount were gettin, i forgot how much..

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
^ya id like to know also, Id rather have a light kit then a refund becasue of the delay
Check your PM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eggy
Rich is there any possibility you might be fabricating a gauge pod to put on top of the dash like the Defi one? I like the Defi one but it's a bit costly and not that nice IMO...

Any ideas in the works???? It would be great for people with your kit.

picture of said Defi pod.
I too am not a fan of the Defi pod for our cars but I'm currently working on a custom FG piece that I will have wrapped in CF. I should look very similar to the Defi pod for the WRX/STi's.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~
o really where

all I could find is this:

Just wondering if there was a for sure date yet thats all?
The contractor and manufacturer have been completely off on their word and estimates in providing me with an official release date to post. I truly apologize for that as this is my kit and my project; and as such I am the one responsible for the constant variation in release dates.

What I can say is that the manufacturer has already shipped our un-finished kits to my contractor in CA for preparation and the application of the metallic-finish on each part. They are telling me that they will be shipping to me early this week.

The manufacturer is scheduled to ship out the black grained kits to me (not my contractor) between 07/18 and 07/21. As of this very moment, everything is totally on schedule with that shipment.

Does this clarify any miscommunication? I am on vacation right now, but you guys are more than welcome to contact me via email or PM with further questions. I'm doing my best on this, so please try to remain patient.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eggy
Rich is there any possibility you might be fabricating a gauge pod to put on top of the dash like the Defi one? I like the Defi one but it's a bit costly and not that nice IMO...

Any ideas in the works???? It would be great for people with your kit.

picture of said Defi pod.
Doubtful, but much remains to be determined in terms of subsequent projects. We need to evaluate the success of this kit with the EVO/Lancer market. At least we've learned a great deal about the manufacturing process as well as what options we have to produce comparable products even more efficiently next time around.

Although I believe this kit will do quite well, only the numbers can confirm that. This is, after all, the most significant interior upgrade available for our cars. I hope you guys spread the word and provide good feedback once you've installed your kits.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Gotcha.

Evolved: I'm really curious to see what you come up with. Any pictures??? I really wish there were more optiosn for gauge pods... I tried to change my order today but the guys at my shop in Japan told me they stopped making the Defi pods!!!!!!!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Once I get it in a suitable condition for pictures I'll post something.

If you still want the Defi pod I think Vivid Racing still has them in stock.

Rich,

I paypal'd you my payment for this product with metallic 2-DIN bezel and black grain HVAC bezel. Also included is money for the Redline shifter boot.

Last edited by Cirrusly Evolvd; Jul 18, 2006 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:08 AM
Account Disabled

ad
Old Jul 21, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

woot! today is the 21st Rich please god tell me my black grain kit is on its way to my house
Old Jul 21, 2006, 09:39 AM

Hey Rich

I haven't been able to log on in awhile too look I am hoping we are getting real close to having our Black grain kits delivered. Also since its alot later than I thought it would can you ship it to Alaska if I give you my new address. Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

I dont think we have even gotten our metallic kits shipped yet, which were supposted to be done before, because they only needed paint, not the rough texture..

Rich?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

PM's responded.

I had a very long series of conversations today with both our contractor and our manufacturer. The reason it has taken this long is because of quality control issues with the paint/finish. They assured me that the metallic units would be shipping to me tomorrow, followed by two shipments of the black grain (one shipping on tuesday and one shipping by friday) next week. All I could argue is that I would much rather see to it that you are all very, very satisfied with your purchase than to simply have them send me an unsatisfactory finished product to process and ship out everyones order. I hope everyone understands.. given the amount of money invested in this project and the fact that you have all pre-purchased your kits, I will not stand for any B.S. on the quality of the finished product.

We're almost there, just hang on with me a little longer. I'll post another update on this thread as soon as the kits come in and we have something to ship. Thanks guys!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Just spoke with Rich and hes a good guy, I can tell. He answers all of my annoying PM's and is really concerned with the quality. He refuses to allow us to recieve a subpar product. Give him another few days, and you will all have your kits.

Quick Reply: Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit