Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks hella complicated to use while driving..

What's the g-tech do?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Did you paint it yourself?
lower is not painted?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wilson1
Did you paint it yourself?
lower is not painted?
he got a mixed kit...black grain lower, metallic upper

btw, for everyone who's waiting for the z1 to be reviewed and/or installed in someone's evo, I'm getting it done either this week or very early next week (probably the latter).

I'll have pics and a writeup (I'm having the bluetooth, navtraffic, and ipod adapters installed as well).

I got an extremely good deal on the package from an online retailer....so good its shady. when i get everything and it looks legit, ill let everyone know about it.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

=D finally!
Old Aug 22, 2006, 04:21 PM

recieved my kit today! simply amazing. everything and more than i expected. if you havent already ordered one of these, i would recommend doing it right away!

my car is in the body shop until thursday afternoon. hopefully if all goes as planned it will be installed by thursday nite, i will post pictures and a review when complete.

thanks again rich! this kit is truely perfection at its finest.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Still waiting on mine
Old Aug 23, 2006, 03:30 PM

How can you install one of these if you have stock guages like the RS or the MR???
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mhredor23
How can you install one of these if you have stock guages like the RS or the MR???
Basically just take them out and install better aftermarket ones.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mhredor23

The MR gauge pack is DIN sized. Just install it in one slot and the stock radio or pocket in the other. I'm doing this while I'm waiting to get my hardware together.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

still waiting for mine too.... =/
Old Aug 27, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

got it rich, thanks! its awesome
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

::UPDATE::

Due to an overwhelming demand, we're on backorder on these kits for about two to three weeks until we receive stock and fill existing orders. If you choose to place an order for a kit within that time, please understand that your order will not ship until existing customers are taken care of and the backorder is filled.

If you're looking for our standard black grained kits, 201motorsports.com has several in stock right now. Ask for Phil, he'll take care of all EVOm members.

All 5% refunds to the original GB supporters have been mailed out. All light kits have been mailed out as well.

If anyone is experiencing ANY fitment issues with ANY component of the kit, please PM me immediately. Out of the 100 or so we've shipped out, there have been a handful of customers who have reported slight warping within the fitment. We're in the process of addressing that with our manufacturer and improving the plastic/structural compound of the bezels to avoid this from happening ever again. This has only taken place in 5-6 customers cars, so please don't be alarmed. We'll be back on schedule, manufacturing kits with these changes, by next week.

If you're a vendor or wholesaler, and interested in setting up an account for distribution, please contact us at wholesale@orbitaltechnik.com to get started.

Thanks again everyone, please continue supporting this product/project. It is very much appreciated!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Rich, now that your 2-DIN dash conversion kit has become a HUGE SUCESS... whats next on the line? Guys like you with such dedication should be awarded. Good work. Thanks for your contribution to the Evo Community. Have you thought about a "plug and play" cruise control ?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by platinumspecv
Rich, now that your 2-DIN dash conversion kit has become a HUGE SUCESS... whats next on the line? Guys like you with such dedication should be awarded. Good work. Thanks for your contribution to the Evo Community. Have you thought about a "plug and play" cruise control ?
Wow, thanks Krunal. That means ALOT!

I don't need an award, but i'd love to have a shot at a small article in Modified, Turbo, D-Sport, or SCC one day. I'm really multi-tasking a million things and take alot of pride in the EVO, my dash product, and our community.

The kit seems to be doing really well, but i'd like to get it into some of the larger retail establishments like Circuit City, etc. I'm working on getting it out there into dealerships as well, but I need my EVOm community to make a huge spectacle of this product for these establishments to realize how much they need it.

We still haven't broken even yet. Once we do, and we've acquired enough capital to start another one or two projects, we'll see what else is on the table. If anyone has any ideas, start up a new thread and PM me the link. I'll take a look.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

need a stock one pm me 33317

Quick Reply: Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit