Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump update plz
Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

what a low budget operation, this is why I cancelled mins after waiting months and months, it is oct now, what was the original date? June? This is crazy, I say this because my friend ordered it, and it has been 2 weeks already, and he hasn't gotten it, boy do I feel bad for him, HAHAHHAHA. Nevertheless, it is a quality piece. Too bad takes FOREVER! Hopefully everyone that ordered can get their parts in by Christmas!
Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

The people waiting now (including myself) had all ordered after the initial group buy. I received mine on Thursday and it was definitely worth the wait. I will take pictures of the kit installed with the Alpine IVA-W200 and post them.

Thanks again Rich
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stikillller
what a low budget operation, this is why I cancelled mins after waiting months and months, it is oct now, what was the original date? June? This is crazy, I say this because my friend ordered it, and it has been 2 weeks already, and he hasn't gotten it, boy do I feel bad for him, HAHAHHAHA. Nevertheless, it is a quality piece. Too bad takes FOREVER! Hopefully everyone that ordered can get their parts in by Christmas!
For the record, you were by far the WORST customer I ever had to deal with in my life. I kindly processed your refund because I understood your situation with the wait, but you didn't even give the PayPal refund/e-check a moment to clear before you filed a complaint (the only complaint we've ever received, mind you) with PayPal for a delinquent funds transfer. You're absolutely unbelievable. It's people like you that make me shrug at the idea of wasting more precious time and money in development for new products that other individuals may actually need.

You can rant and rave with impatience, but the fact of the matter is that you obviously have no idea how an operation like this evolves from a concept to reality. This is our first product and we've gone through a very fair share of hiccups throughout engineering, development, and now production.

We stopped production briefly to change the composition of the plastic and structure of our lower bezel because 9-10 people (out of the 125+) that have purchased a kit have experienced some issues with warping. We resolved the issue, committed to replacing any bezels for customers with similiar experiences, and restarted production. I consider that to be pretty decent customer service and the pursuit of an utterly perfectly delivered product. Since then, we've pushed our manufacturer to expedite a huge production run to cover all backorders and guarantee stock to all customers from this point forth. Where is the problem?

I hope you know that people like yourself are the reason people think twice about offering a valuable, innovative product to the aftermarket...especially at a significant risk and personal cost to themselves.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Also..

FYI- I have started to receive partial shipments since midweek last week. The last shipment is scheduled to arrive here on Friday. More kits are going out tomorrow into the end of the week. All backorders will indefinitely be filled and completed. Thank you all for your patience and support on this.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich@Orbital

I hope you know that people like yourself are the reason people think twice about offering a valuable, innovative product to the aftermarket...especially at a significant risk and personal cost to themselves.
I have done business with Rich outside of this conversion kit and he is very easy to do business with. Great vendor.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cletus323
The people waiting now (including myself) had all ordered after the initial group buy. I received mine on Thursday and it was definitely worth the wait. I will take pictures of the kit installed with the Alpine IVA-W200 and post them.

Thanks again Rich
Do you have a nav setup with the IVA-W200? It's definitely near the top of my list, but I want nav too and I don't know if this unit can use a nav.

And Rich, there always a hater out there. I can't wait to get my unit!
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I have done business with Rich outside of this conversion kit and he is very easy to do business with. Great vendor.
I, too, have dealt with Rich outside of the realm of the Orbital kit and have had absolutely nothing but positive experiences. He's helped me out so much that what began as business dealings turned into a friendship. Rich is a great guy and he has been working his tail off to make sure that Orbital is producing products that are only of the highest quality. If there are issues, Rich will take care of them INSTANTLY. He's one of the busiest guys I've known and I think he does a great job running Orbital. Yes, the wait times can be a little long sometimes, but you know you will be getting a quality product. I agree with TTP Engineering on this fully and support Rich 150%.

-Phil
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stikillller
Rich told me the story about you. Man, youre a real tool. Just get off the forums already, we dont need you here.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:48 PM

My kit arrived today and i must say that this is def a very high quality piece. The kit looks great and I cant wait to get it installed. Thanks Rich, awesome job on this one man it was well worth the wait.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

rich,
you have pm.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

if any one needs one i have an extra one for sale pm me will talk no need to wait its ready to ship. i have a black one
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Rich, I sent you an email.. did you get it? I still haven't gotten mine and wondering if maybe you forgot me.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:40 PM

All i have to say is...Rich for president.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zstryder
Hey Rich, I sent you an email.. did you get it? I still haven't gotten mine and wondering if maybe you forgot me.
Definitely not Alex!

I just fired off an email to everyone in respect to their exchange. I'm sorry it took so long, but i've essentially been "partless" for some time as we made changes in production. Needless to say, the new bezels are on their way this week.

Everyone- Please take a moment to respond to the email and send in your part(s) if you haven't done so already so we can proceed with the exchanges.

Quick Reply: Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Conversion Kit