Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Mines and Monster Sport Summer Sale

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrown
HAHAHA are you serious?
Mines products are NOT found on eBay. The cheap stuff on eBay just tries to look the same, but trust me, not all o2 housings use the same material thickness, build quality, or material quality. Keep in mind that not all stainless is created equal. There are over 20 different grades, many of which turn to complete garbage at the kind of temps you see in the exhaust of a turbo car.
you should really read the recent dyno comparison Buschur did on various o2 housings. The EBAY unit made the most power BY FAR and for a fraction of the cost.
Are there any dyno proven results to back up the price difference?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
you should really read the recent dyno comparison Buschur did on various o2 housings. The EBAY unit made the most power BY FAR and for a fraction of the cost.
Are there any dyno proven results to back up the price difference?
Life is about more than just the dollar-per-horsepower comparison dude.

Maybe YOU should read the Buschur dyno post. You would see that I already replied to it ... three times. I owned one of those eBay pieces of crap. It fell apart, literally. Mine wasn't coated, but even if it was, it's still junk under the coating. I would rather sacrifice 3 hp for durability and the confidence that my car will finish a race and get me home than be worried that the garbage o2 housing that I saved a few bucks on is gonna **** the bed at any moment.

I now own the $450 Works housing, which by your logic is a "rip off" but you know what, I would have paid $540 for it and still been just as happy. I guess I'm a retard, but as they say, ignorance is bliss.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:54 AM
Silver Sponsor

all parts are special order, if we stocked inventory like this we'd be out of business considering how rare it is for these parts to be purchased.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:37 AM

Monster carbon intake cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58177
Monster
Carbon Fiber Intake Duct-$406.09

- is this just the top cover replacement of the OEM intake cover or is it a whole carbon intake replacement like the Kansai version?
- basically wondering wheter or not it's similar to the Kansai because the Kansai utilizes an aftermarket intake?

it is just the top cover, the air inlet is larger though, but other then that it's just a replacement piece made of carbon fiber.

So last question, what is a general E.T.A time on an item like this if purchased soon and when does the special pricing expire?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 01:40 PM
Silver Sponsor

average is 2-3 months wait time. special pricing ends at end of July.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:00 PM

pm'd
Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

just to let u guys know that im still waiting 4 months on a monster sport hood and bumper not from this vendor but another. so be prepared to wait a very very long time for it. oh are there is still no shipping date still. these are made to order and are not in stock at all.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pitbul09
just to let u guys know that im still waiting 4 months on a monster sport hood and bumper not from this vendor but another. so be prepared to wait a very very long time for it. oh are there is still no shipping date still. these are made to order and are not in stock at all.
Pimpin' ain't easy bro! If it was, everybody would be doing it.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Looking for some information on this product:
Straight Converter Stainless Steel(76.3mm)-$376.74

Is this a catalytic convertor and what the specs are...Metal substrate? Cell count per square inch?

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

The mine's silent vx exhaust, 786 is that for the whole system, or just the axle back?