Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Shearer Fab Turbo Kit Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by milo
Pixs on the GT35r Turbo kit?

http://shearerfab.com/products.php?itemID=35

Old Sep 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does that P67t turbo bolt onto AMS's Manifold?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

No gt3076 kit
Old Sep 20, 2006, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

If you have a specific turbo request we will work with you, as long as it is within reason. A GT3076 or a variety of ball bearing T-Series( 61mm, 60trim, 57trim, etc...) turbos would not be an issue.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'm interested in your 50 trim kit but I have a few question please... does the downpipe go all the way to the cat back or does it end where the cat begins, also is it a one piece downpipe or a two piece? What kind of boost were you running when it made the power it did on 93/meth? Also if I don't run meth and only 93 as my daily driver what kind of power should I see with the correct supporting mods? Where does boost start to come in and reach full boost at say 19 - 20 psi on 93?Do you have any other pics of the kit laid out so I can see the oil feed/return lines and coolant lines as well? Sorry for what some may think as stupid questions but I'm very particular on how things look under my hood ie. when lines are to long and have a lot of excess it drives me crazy. To give you an idea what I mean I'll attach a pic of what I did to a Greddy T88h Turbo Kit I bought for one of my RX7s' The idiots at Greddy had the oil feed line literally do a double loop and then go into the top of the turbo. I went to my local fab shop and I had him make me a custom bango bolt using two different fittings I had and had it exit horizontally and then I put a 45 degree elbow so it would be a straight shot to the oil feed on the top of the block with a 90 degree elbow for that since Greddy's answer to that was a cluster F*ck. Anyways, sorry to ramble I tend to do that but you get the picture of what I'm after... hopefully its not to much trouble but I'm very interested in the kit if I don't have to do to much to tailor it to my particular nature. One more question... I promise... what type of coating do you use, what finishes do they offer and what are they rated at temp wise, ie. Jet Hot, Thermaltec, Swain ect...

Thanks again for any and all answers!

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Shearer Fab Turbo Kit Group Buy-newpic8.jpg   Shearer Fab Turbo Kit Group Buy-newpic9.jpg  

Last edited by t51quicksilver; Sep 20, 2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

t51, just give them a call i am shure you could get all your answers much more quickly. I hope i can get enough dough together to get in this gb, its a great deal.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by t51quicksilver
does the downpipe go all the way to the cat back or does it end where the cat begins, also is it a one piece downpipe or a two piece?
The downpipe connects to the o2 housing via a V-Band connection and bolts to the factory catalytic converter location. It is a one piece mandrel bent tube.

What kind of boost were you running when it made the power it did on 93/meth? Also if I don't run meth and only 93 as my daily driver what kind of power should I see with the correct supporting mods?
The 50 trim made that power at 26psi I believe. ~430whp can be expected without methanol, I have seen more than 430 but I believe that is an honest expectation with a good tune and supporting mods.

[quote]Where does boost start to come in and reach full boost at say 19 - 20 psi on 93?[/qoute]

It can start to make boost in the the lower 3k range and should be at full boost no later than 4k rpm, more than likely at 3800 rpm.

Do you have any other pics of the kit laid out so I can see the oil feed/return lines and coolant lines as well?
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I just realized that I have not taken any new pictures of the new design improvements that I have made. These pics are prior to the changes but here is a list of what has changed...
-Eliminated the flange at the end of the o2 housing. It now uses a 3" male/female design v-band assembly for attaching the downpipe.
-The dumptube has been lengthened to evacuate exhaust gasses from the engine bay more effectively.
-The coolant hoses for the turbo have been changed to black and are of a slightly different material.

Sorry for what some may think as stupid questions but I'm very particular on how things look under my hood ie.
No problem, it is your car, you should be particular. I have asked some customers who have kits with the most recent design improvements to get me pictures if they can. I will update this as I receive them.

One more question... I promise... what type of coating do you use, what finishes do they offer and what are they rated at temp wise, ie. Jet Hot, Thermaltec, Swain ect...
We use a local company for the coating. The coating they use is rated for 2000degrees and offer a 3 year warranty for the coating. They offer 6 different colors in the 2000deg coating: Black, Matte Blue, Glossy Gray, Satin Cast Iron, Satin light gray, and a satin titanium. So far we have only used the black and have had great luck with it.

Last edited by Shearer; Sep 21, 2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

I also want to add that if you want the dumptube recirulated back into the exhaust we offer it as an option for an additional $100.

We use a small braided flex section in the middle of the dumptube to eliminate any sort of cracking issues with the o2 housing. Afterall nobody wants a cracked dumptube or, even worse, a wastegate to fall off.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Any pics of the gt35r witha recirculating dump tube.
Also how does your gt35r compare to lets say the AMS gt35r?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funnyclub
Any pics of the gt35r witha recirculating dump tube.
I have not had any requests for the recirculated dump tube yet, so no pictures.

Also how does your gt35r compare to lets say the AMS gt35r?
I think they are the same turbo.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

R the external dump tubes very loud?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

does it come w/ a maf or speed density setup on the bb 50 trim?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funnyclub
R the external dump tubes very loud?
Yea they are loud, but I love it. I often heard the overseas guys refer to them as screamer pipes.

Originally Posted by lcakes05
does it come w/ a maf or speed density setup on the bb 50 trim?

Either way.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Im incredibly confused why people would want the dump recirculated. The sound of an open wastegate is inbelievably badass. I understand "keeping the noise down", but it only opens at full boost and who is going through neighborhoods or in front of the cops at full boost?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Do both the GT35R and the 67R come with ported shroud compressor covers? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Shearer Fab Turbo Kit Group Buy