Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Yokohama A046D Replacement tires

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2003, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yokohama A046D Replacement tires

I got a call from a woman who was looking to replace the rear tires on her EVO that she said her 19yr old son burned to the ground. My sales rep was in and told me they were going to be a little hard to come get.

You are required to have and EVO to buy them. They are so new my sales rep had to call me back to give me the price. I am a Yokohama dealer so I can get them. They Retail for $296ea, I can get them for $230ea plus shipping. They have them in stock now. I checked on my sales rep and they are available in the Georgia warehouse.

If you need any give me a call. Takes about 2 days to them. PM me or drop me an emai. tswift@frisbyracetire.com

Last edited by tswift; Jul 16, 2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Tirerack has them for $208 each.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 04:39 PM

C'mon tswift, beat tireracks price! Profit margin may be low...but just think of how many sets you will sell!

Please?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Tell you what, I can sell a longer lasting Toyo tire for less money. That way I don't compete with the Rack anyway. They aren't allowed to sell Toyo. I love the Yokohama's but Toyo's are just as good if not better. If you need anything tire wise for the EVO let me know. T1S can be had for $165ea plus shipping. This is the same tire they use in the Speed Touring Championship.

Can't stay in business with no profit, that is called a charity.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

296... that's crazy... TIRE RACK!!!!!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by tswift
I love the Yokohama's but Toyo's are just as good if not better.
I'd love to believe that, but ............. ehhhh no.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evo1

I'd love to believe that, but ............. ehhhh no.
I agree Toyo are not in the same class at all. Also a tire that last longer usually means less performance.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Tell you what, I can sell a longer lasting Toyo tire for less money. That way I don't compete with the Rack anyway. They aren't allowed to sell Toyo. I love the Yokohama's but Toyo's are just as good if not better. If you need anything tire wise for the EVO let me know. T1S can be had for $165ea plus shipping. This is the same tire they use in the Speed Touring Championship.

Can't stay in business with no profit, that is called a charity.

I have had great luck with the Toyo T1S in the past and found them to be every bit as good as Michelin Pilot Sports. The T1S tires also wear better without sacrificing grip. They also look great with a very aggressive looking tread pattern with excellent dry and wet weather performance characteristics.

That said, they are not going to provide the grip of the Advans.
Toyo does offer a race compound ultra performance tire though.
BTW- I haven't checked..... does Toyo actually have a T1S in the 235/45/17 size, and if so what kind of price?

Jeff

Last edited by N10S; Aug 6, 2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

When one uses the term "best" you should remember that best is subjective. One guy wants grip another wants tread wear. So when I say the T1S is as good as an Advan, I'm refering to overall rating of the tire. For the life of me I don't know why Yokohama puts such a soft tire on sports cars. They did the same with the Acura NSX. 7000 miles isn't much.

As for the 235/40-17 T1S, $165 plus shipping. Much more cost efficent tire. If you guys really want D.O.T. legal race tires for the street, Toyo RA1 is the only way to go. Treadwear Rating is a 40. But these tires last. I can shave the to whatever you want. For those on the west coast, this is a great tire to drive the tight fire roads on. 235/40-17 $185 plus shipping. I have then in stock
Old Aug 6, 2003, 04:01 PM

Yeah, tswift may be right. Still, I want my advans. Can no one beat tire rack?
Old Aug 6, 2003, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

I can sell them for that price, but I don't make any money on them. My wholesale cost from Yokohama is more than what TireRack sells them to me for wholesale. Needless to say, I'm not such a big fan of the Rack.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 04:28 PM
Account Disabled

One more thing, if you are asking can anyone beat the Tire Rack for a cheaper price? You are dreaming. They are selling them for about $25 over cost Retail. Remember Yokohama says the Retail is suggested at $296. That is the way it is.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

noone can compete with TireRack... unless they sell something they do not...

hence the push here on Toyo... which is a good tire, but i'm a Bridgestone man, through and through...
Old Aug 7, 2003, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

When one uses the term "best" you should remember that best is subjective. One guy wants grip another wants tread wear. So when I say the T1S is as good as an Advan, I'm refering to overall rating of the tire. For the life of me I don't know why Yokohama puts such a soft tire on sports cars. They did the same with the Acura NSX. 7000 miles isn't much.

As for the 235/40-17 T1S, $165 plus shipping. Much more cost efficent tire. If you guys really want D.O.T. legal race tires for the street, Toyo RA1 is the only way to go. Treadwear Rating is a 40. But these tires last. I can shave the to whatever you want. For those on the west coast, this is a great tire to drive the tight fire roads on. 235/40-17 $185 plus shipping. I have then in stock
Those are decent prices....any 235/45/17's to match our EVO's requirements? You could go with the shorter 40 series tire, but I woudn't want to.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 09:09 PM

When we did One Lap of America I got the Advans for $ 155 @ TIRE RACK . They only allow you to get 10 tires . Yes I stocked up

Quick Reply: Yokohama A046D Replacement tires