Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

SBR turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007 | 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

SBR turbo kit!

What you get;

The kit is based around the HAFE Performance Evo 8/9 Stainless Steel Manifold, Stainless Steel O2 Housing, and Aluminum Intake Pipe. Everything in this kit is designed for use on the GT30R series family of turbochargers which are most commonly sold as the T3 GT3076R and the T3 GT3582R.

The SBR kit uses a Tial 44mm wastegate for superior boost control. The wastegate can be ordered for recirculation or for dump to the atmosphere. The Stainless Steel HAFE manifold works flawlessly with a Tial 44mm wastegate at all boost pressures!

The HAFE Stainless Steel O2 Housing is fully investment cast and is designed for use with a 4 Bolt Garrett GT turbine discharge. The factory O2 senor and down pipe fits perfectly, but for full potential we recommend using a full turbo back exhaust.

Two of the very first kits pre-released with the GT30R have already proved to be pump gas animals. With stock cams we have achieved 407 wheel horsepower on pump gas, and the second car equipped with HKS 264/272 Cams laid down numerous 450 plus horsepower pulls.

BB GT3076 / BB GT35R only~!

Options available:
A/R .48, .63, .82
MAF / MAFLESS intake pipe
Recirc / Dump

You get a Tial 44mm WG. Silver will get you the quickest ship time.!

RETAIL: $3599

EvoM price $3275 Shipped!

This pricing is only happening here. Or applicable HERE.
There will be up to a 2 week wait time from purchase before shipment.

Tired of turbo kits that cost like a new car? Tired of tubular headers that crack?
Is your car ingesting more alcohol than you on a Saturday night to make 400whp? Are you TIRED of thinking about piecing together your own kit?

Now's your chance to get this at a price you simply can't.

For further information, or questions use the contact info in my sig.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Nov 5, 2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2007 | 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Dammit was looking into a 50trimm unit, but great deal none the less.
Old Oct 17, 2007 | 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

This is an easy bolt on 400-500hp!

Come on guys!
Old Oct 18, 2007 | 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I am including the availability of a BB 50 trim substitute kit that is not on our site as part of this GB.

It is the 5031E DBB turbo. Same price as the ones you see listed.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Oct 18, 2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2007 | 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

I just finished putting the 3076 kit on my car today. Here's a tidbit.

***Some notes***
Build the entire turbo, o2, lines, manifold, assembly outside of the car and drop it all in thru the top. Pop your upper rad hose and lean it o2 side down first. Twist to miss your fan, and slide it back into place. Be advised there is a good tilt to the exhaust manifold at the turbo flange. It will pull you off straight about 40*. Do not point your compressor outlet straight down, it will end up facing the block. Your rear coolant line goes behind the compressor outlet part of the turbo. You don't need to bend it either. The front one will need bent to clear the compressor housing. Keep it centered @ the banjo, and uppish. If you mock up the turbo with a cleared line. You will see where it needs to go. And my bad descriptions will make perfect sense.

Honestly getting the stock stuff off is 10x harder than putting the new stuff on. The intake pipe can be tricky as its beaded and comes with tight fitting couplers. A little WD40 helps wonders. Trick. Pull your rad fan out. Get it all in there and shove the fan back in. Its SO much easier than trying to get by it putting it on.

If you opted for the dump pipe, do yourself a favor and get the drain tube bolted up and the down pipe bolts atleast threaded. And an idea of where your licp will be. Its a tight fit down there. And a certain angle to the dangle-ing dump pipe is required.

You can leave the power steering heat shield on. Just bend it down with pliers until its touching the pump. Don't crush and wires in there either. Just get it down so it clears the Tial 44mm WG.

Also beware any FMIC with a long 90* outlet off of the FMIC. (Such as Buschurs deluxe) Not only is the pipe provided 2.5". But its so unbelieveably not going to fit with this FMIC its not even funny... The outlets on this FMIC are 2.25" and I had to cut the hell out of our pipe to get it short enough to fit in between and bastardize a coupler to make it work.

This shouldn't be a problem for most of you guys, as any end to end or SBR FMIC will be a snap with the SS IC pipe provided.

All in all my personal impressions are simple. The car is finally driveable. No more meth addict style insta boosting. It just pulls like a train thru the midrange and on top. Being the 3076 kit for me. (for now) It still has good tip in response, and no surging, part throttle boost issues. Part throttle = part boost. Full throttle = full boost. I was set low today but I'm hitting 20psi around 4k. A touch less in higher gears.

And finally. Those who opt for the dump pipe with no previous experience...
FYI... its fu**ing loud!

PS: Since it doesn't spaz boost. I get double the highway mileage I did before. Seriously. And that was with 850's and a quick scaling to get the car home.

Nothing else.

The 3076 kit is a great way to balance out a d/d car and still have big turbo fun and power when you want it.

***If you can spare the $50, its a great time to install a SS exhaust stud kit. I took the time to do it while I did this, and it looks great. And no more rusty broken sh**ted up studs!***

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Oct 20, 2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

good deal might be interested
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

What flavor can I get for ya?

3076? 35R? 5031E?
Old Nov 5, 2007 | 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

C'mon guys this is a good kit! I have it on my own car! I don't have a single complaint. Seriously!

Edit~ No more group buy required.

I merged the pricing and these are available for individual orders.

Get'em while I got'em.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Nov 5, 2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 06:57 AM
Account Disabled

Wohooooo -----

Hafe just delivered 20 more exhaust manifolds today

Mike Huml
Slowboy
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Yep come and get'em!