Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

GrimmSpeed Manual Boost Controller Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
GrimmSpeed Manual Boost Controller Group Buy

Video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3XpZSwvdw

Description:

Welcome to the next evolution of boost control, The GrimmSpeed Manual Boost Controller. Introducing the most refined Manual Boost Controller available on the market. Our Manual Boost Controller allows you to raise the OEM boost levels in a quick and efficient manner. Adding the MBC will result in Quicker Spool Up, Quicker Response, Increased Horsepower, and Increased Torque.

This is the first of its kind with technology utilizing over 250 adjustment points that lock in place using a heavy duty stainless dual ball detent system. An extra long travel spring gives you superior range unmatched by any other manual boost controller while maintaining a high resolution, not some vague guess at where to set your boost. Don't trust the life of your engine to trial and error, rather pinpoint your setting using our rising scale running the length of the controller, lock and load. CNC’d from weapon’s grade 6061 Aluminum and laser etched our MBC will outlast your vehicle! The GrimmSpeed Manual Boost Controller redefines precise control and will promise you the results you demand.

We are bringing on the revolution, it's what you can expect from GrimmSpeed & MAPerformance!

250 WAY Adjustable with Dual Detent Locking System

SPECS:

Fits all Turbo Vehicles

Heavy Duty SST Dual Ball Detent System

(Clicks with each turn for active feedback)

Laser Etched Scale and Labels

(Easy to read and repeat precise adjustments)

Extra Long Travel Spring

(ONE spring, no need to switch Springs

Superior Range without Sacrificing Resolution

(0-60 PSI Capabilities with Ultra-Fine adjustments)
CNC'd From Weapons-Grade 6061 Aluminum
(Incredibly Durable and Ergonomic

GROUP BUY DETAILS:

Closes on: Tuesday February 22nd
Participant limit: Unlimited
Pricing structure: Tiered
This Group buy will last 2 weeks.
Shipping of the boost controllers will start once 31 units have been sold, or 2 weeks. This will allow for enough time to get the best pricing to everyone

Normal MSRP: $99.99
1-10: $95

11-20: $90
21-30: $85
31+: $79

Shipping will be $10 to anywhere in the 48 States. International shipping will be quoted, contact us for details.

How to Participate:

1) Just post up (Put me on the list).

2) Once added to the list your place is secured.
3) When we have 31 people, PM's will be sent out with payment details.
4) Once payment is received, the item will be shipped out

Participant List:

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

: Send us a PM|||||: AdamAtMAP|||||: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE|||||: Adam@MAPerformance.com

: The MAP blog - Get the inside track on what we're doing!|||||: Check us out on Facebook|||||: Follow us on Twitter

Last edited by maperformance; Feb 8, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am trying to dig up some performance information on this controller. It looks very well built and it if even remotely lives up to the claims and the awesome track record that GrimmSpeed has, this will be a win, win, for those of us running MBC's. I am trying to get my hands on one of these to test it out, with respect to spiking, peak recovery, hold, and taper. I currently have a MBC that is pretty notorious for producing some 2-4psi spikes. It would be very interesting to see if this one can at least alleviate it to the 1psi range.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Feb 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Feedback from the Pros -

"I have used many manual and electronic boost controllers, very few of which I actually like. The Electronic BCS that you developed has by far set the bar for stock boost control thru the ECU. Now with the new manual BCS it brings something more to the table. The control and adjustment for a MBC is unmatched as what I’ve seen. The increments and adjustments to bring boost up, are very fine and do not cause that typical spike you see with most manual BCSs.

That being said we did a direct comparison with the slowboy, hallman and grimmspeed. The Grimmspeed performed the best and most consistent in our test of the 3. The slowboy spiked and the adjustment on the hallman compared to the grimmspeed felt sloppy. I have been tuning for a long time now and seen all the parts out there as far as boost control and the products that grimmspeed offers are by far the best on the market for boost control, not to mention the other services and items offered.

In conclusion, I wouldn’t recommend any other BCS whether its manual or electronic over the products that grimmspeed offers."

-Matt 555 Motorsports

"The mounting bracket. Definitely A+ on that. No more controller just hanging. Again, the micro clicks when adjusting really helps dialing in the boost finely. The numbers on the side helps me know how much has been adjusted, and I can revert back by remembering where it was set before." -Nuke

"Smooth boost and nice power curve. This is my favorite MBC I've used and I will be using them for myself" -Jordan @ MAP

Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Here's another good video of it from GrimmSpeed:

[youtube]rkdroqbxi1A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL [/youtube]

This thing looks super high quality.

I'm in for one!!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice, thanks for the additional video.

-Adam
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

I am really excited about this controller, I was about to actually order a Hallman Pro, I like the size and functionality of this one better. I am ordering one now from MAPerformance...

I am to impatient, to wait for 30 others to sign up!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Bump, I want one of these!! haha

Is this going to be posted on any of the local sites MAP? Is this your own group buy thinig, or is it in conjunction with GrimmSpeed's one on NASIOC?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Should be posted up on the local forums soon.

-Adam
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

WTF, nobody wants these?

*cough* mitsustyle, EvoMN, and MNSC *cough*
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Going up today yo!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I got this installed today, man what a great MBC! Setup was easy, it took literally 5 minutes to get the controller dialed in. I ended up running it down about 56 clicks from full open to get to 28 psi. I started with it down 70 clicks and adjusted it back 10 and then 4 then it was set! (FYI, 70 clicks was almost exactly 30psi) It doesn't get any easier than that!

I mounted it in the same spot as my old one and it looks just as happy there as the old one did. The build quality on this MBC is probably the best I have ever seen. You guys start signing up for one of these!

Thanks again MAPerformance!

Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

I'm looking to buy the ebc 3 port one, could you do something for me ? Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Seeing as how there was nobody on the list, I couldn't wait, so I just ordered mine
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blacktab420
I'm looking to buy the ebc 3 port one, could you do something for me ? Thanks
Sure can, shooting you a pm now!

-Adam
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

www.facebook.com/adamatmap

Quick Reply: GrimmSpeed Manual Boost Controller Group Buy