Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

ISC Coilover Group buy! Pics+reviews= Nice rebate!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pms all responded to! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tim
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Here for the day! Lets get a couple more sets gone!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Here for the day! ISC's in stock here at the facility. Who wants a great set of coilovers?!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

pics of the camber plates installed on evo 8 or 9?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:41 AM

I just got these installed and unfortunately it has been a bad experience thus far...

The camber plates were WAY off when we installed them. The adjustments are slanted aligned instead of 3 to 9oclock. They are more like 7 to 2 oclock aligned.

This was similar to a set installed on another guys Evo 8 except his set weren't as badly aligned as mine.

Luckily I'm getting a second set and hopefully they will be right this time. If not, I'm taking them back and getting a different set. I figured these things would be someone tuned from the manufacturer... I never expected to see such a design flaw as I did though on my set...

Hopefully ISC corrects this problem...

Last edited by NelloMorto; Nov 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NelloMorto
I just got these installed and unfortunately it has been a bad experience thus far...

The camber plates were WAY off when we installed them. The adjustments are slanted aligned instead of 3 to 9oclock. They are more like 7 to 2 oclock aligned.

This was similar to a set installed on another guys Evo 8 except his set weren't as badly aligned as mine.

Aside from this major problem in manufacturing, out of the box, the rear ride height was set WAY too low. My wheels were tucked like crazy. Also, the dampning was way off so when you try to ride them out of the box, the fronts hit insanely hard over any bumps over 35mph+.

Luckily I'm getting a second set and hopefully they will be right this time. If not, I'm taking them back and getting a different set. I figured these things would be someone tuned from the manufacturer... I never expected to see such a design flaw as I did though on my set...

Hopefully ISC corrects this problem...

Ya same problem I had with the camber plates I talked to isc and they said "that's how they are"...
I adjusted the height before install and dampening as well.
Did you talk to isc and did they said the camber plates were wrong? I was puzzled at the response I got as I have never seen a camber plate like that.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

This must be an Evo 8/9 issue in manufacturing... Mine on my Evo X are straight 9 and 3 (though the initial set of camber plates had no markings at all so they send me a new set). I had it aligned after putting about 125 miles on it and the alignment shop had no issues at all. I adjusted my height and dampening prior to installing as well. I have since further adjusted mine but I also have a custom set (custom spring rates and dampening)
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robnval
This must be an Evo 8/9 issue in manufacturing... Mine on my Evo X are straight 9 and 3 (though the initial set of camber plates had no markings at all so they send me a new set). I had it aligned after putting about 125 miles on it and the alignment shop had no issues at all. I adjusted my height and dampening prior to installing as well. I have since further adjusted mine but I also have a custom set (custom spring rates and dampening)

hmmm thats odd.

I also tried to email them. info@ISCsuspension-na.com and Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently.

contact web page http://iscsuspension-na.com/contact/
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by robnval
I didn't call them myself. At first I thought maybe it was something I did wrong since I've never installed coils before. Brian at Dynotech took a look at em and also noticed something was off so he called the ISC rep and they sent me a new set. Right now the car is at Dynotech and they are helping me out and swapping out the top plates in the front, adjusting the ride height and the dampening.

I'll let everyone know how it goes. One thing for sure, I won't try to install anything else myself again lol. I'll stick to working on computers :-)
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor

It was just a bad batch of camber plates (5 sets). New plates are on the way for anyone who had issues. Everything should still function perfectly fine, unless you are getting aggressive with the camber until then.
Hopefully a camber plate issue doesn't make you to upset and ruin your experience for these coilovers. Subaru BMW and Nissan owners have taken well to them thus far over the past couple years here in USA, and all other makes/models on Asia and Australia for almost a decade.

Last edited by AJW Performance; Nov 28, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just the camber plates were drilled wrong a slight bit. Everything else is fine with them. Car rides nice and when the new plates come in we will install them for you.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by AJW Performance
It was just a bad batch of camber plates (5 sets). New plates are on the way for anyone who had issues. Everything should still function perfectly fine, unless you are getting aggressive with the camber until then.
Hopefully a camber plate issue doesn't make you to upset and ruin your experience for these coilovers. Subaru BMW and Nissan owners have taken well to them thus far over the past couple years here in USA, and all other makes/models on Asia and Australia for almost a decade.
You can probably understand my frustration up front with the coils since they were wrong in the beginning. However, since the company is sending me a new set of plates to fix the issue, obviously I'm happy that it's going to fix it. I think anyone who has been waiting as long as I have for coils would have been ticked off at first. Everyone loves their car. I didn't mean to bash the company, I was just pointing out that there was a flaw so that someone else didn't go through the troubles of putting the whole set on and realizing the same flaw...that's all.

To anyone looking to get these coils, make sure you pick up the pillow mounts! They make a hell of a difference!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

How can I get ahold of isc the north america email dosnt work
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Should be back up and running now. They had an issue for a day while they transferred servers.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Price to 10923 evo8

Quick Reply: ISC Coilover Group buy! Pics+reviews= Nice rebate!