Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Big Brake

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Big Brake

THESE ARE THE SAME AS ON OUR PROJECT CARS!

Stop Tech brake systems are not your knock off kits. Stop Tech has been building, engineering, and innovating brake system since 1999. Why would you get a new brake kit if your car comes with Brembo's. You don't have to, but some people drive more aggressive, need more stopping power, or race the car to simply want more.

StopTech has created another industry first in 'application specific' or Balanced brake upgrades. We design our brake upgrades so they are compatible with the target vehicle master cylinder, thus preserving the original brake system balance. Proper system balance makes the brakes easier to modulate on the street or track. StopTech brake upgrades equal or improve upon the stopping distance of the stock system with stock tires while greatly increasing heat capacity.

StopTech research and development has led to major innovations with 2 patents granted and 2 patents pending:
AeroRotor® brake discs with the BEST COOLING of any vented rotor design
AeroHatTM directional billet hats - A RACING FIRST - patent pending
Bolt in net fit CALIPER BRIDGES FOR TWO TIMES THE STIFFNESS of the competition! US Patent Number 6302243B1
CERAMIC ROTOR floating hat system Us Patent Number 6357561

If your still intrigued, why you may need a bigger or better brake system then you can do two things. First check Stop Tech's technical section on brakes HERE or you can read on...

Stop Tech EVO 7/8 big brake upgrade is available as a front kit or a 4 wheel kit. The floating rotors are available in cross drilled or slotted which gives better braking power over stock. The front rotors are 332x32 with 4 piston calipers, inexpensive replacement pads (unlike Brembo), and steel braided lines. The rear kit is a 4 piston caliper with 328x28 rotors as well. The kits are available in red or black caliper selection.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Track days are rough on stock brakes

Just a quick story: I took my EVO to the track last weekend and went through 4 total races and the brakes were very weak for the next two days following and definitely need to be upgraded.
For the longest time I didn't think this was an issue b/c of the look of the stock brakes but get on the track and stand on your brakes a few times-you'll become a believer real fast...lol. I just got a set of Baer slotted zinc plated rotors fitted on my car. I'm leaving the calipers but changing out the pads and lines for a better feel and stopping power. The StopTech kit is insane and I highly recommend it to the all the baller's out there or those who can afford it. Our project Evo 8 will snap your neck if you stand on its brakes..it has crazy stopping power!

Last edited by Vivid Racing; Jan 21, 2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Any idea on pricing???
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

pic of stop tech

pic of stop tech kit
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

another

pic of car with kit
Attached Thumbnails Big Brake-stoptechevo4.jpg  
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

prices

prices are 3890 for the 4 wheel kit: inlcudes lines, pads, rotors, and calipers painted your choice of 4 colors

1995 for the front 2 wheel front kit.

10% off if you mention this forum

I also can organize a group buy if needed:
5+ people and I will work a deal out that will be awesome.

Cheyne Jones
Wholesale Sales
Vivid Racing
Tel: 480-966-3040 x230
Fax: 480-966-0806
Web: www.vividracing.com
Email: cheyne@vividracing.com
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

other brake items

I can also do a group buy for some
brake pads:
project u
ferodo race or street
hawk

stainless steel lines:
goodridge
stoptech
ralliart

minimum of 5 orders.

Cheyne Jones
Wholesale Sales
Vivid Racing
Tel: 480-966-3040 x230
Fax: 480-966-0806
Web: www.vividracing.com
Email: cheyne@vividracing.com
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

pic

ferodo pads pic
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

how much for the ferodo pads?

how did your car feel after the ferodo pads? I did notice too that repeatably braking hard on the evo, makes the brakes fade alot... I wouldn't say they are crap though. i think it's just the pads.

Steve
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Talking pads

the street/ occasional track use front pads:189.99/rear:79.99
full race front: 279.99/rear: 79.99
I would recommend the street pads they make a HUGE difference. The full race are nice but are a bit overkill for daily use.

call 480-966-3040 ext:224 and get 10% off

groups buys (5 or more) call 480-966-3040 ext:230

Last edited by Vivid Racing; Jan 21, 2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 05:43 PM
In Timeout

That's strange I have the stock brakes and use race pads and have done several track events with 350 whp. I would add more air before changing the brakes.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

pads

very true. like I said above it has to do with pads and lines over the calipers/rotors. We play with tire pressure a lot at the track but trust me when I say the stock pads and lines are inadequate to repeatedly stop a 350whp evo from 120mph to ....whatever

I wish I could give a ride to anyone who wanted to feel the difference in stopping power btwn a stock evo and our project evo. The difference is ridiculous.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 05:54 PM
In Timeout

Re: pads

Stock pads yes, race pads no. These are the SAME size calipers on the Ferrari F40, and they are BIGGER then the 996TT. Show me some stats on these brakes, like 100 - 0 and other things, why should I but them? It also seems that with the bigger rear it will screw up the brake bios and brake to hard in the rear. I have been in cars with these, in fact they have a kit for the NSX but that car NEEDS better stopping power. Now if you guys have a kit that get's more air to the brakes I will but that but until you prove these are better I am happy with the stockers.

Originally posted by VividRacing.com
very true. like I said above it has to do with pads and lines over the calipers/rotors. We play with tire pressure a lot at the track but trust me when I say the stock pads and lines are inadequate to repeatedly stop a 350whp evo from 120mph to ....whatever

I wish I could give a ride to anyone who wanted to feel the difference in stopping power btwn a stock evo and our project evo. The difference is ridiculous.
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

We are going in the same direction. You are agreeing with me. I believe the stock evo pads are inadequate but upgraded pads are great! I will see what I can dig up as far as the STOPTECH kit 100-0 and address some of the other issues you speak of but I was off work 1hr ago so check back tomorrow.
Old Jan 22, 2004 | 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Talking bump

bump

Quick Reply: Big Brake