Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

New Aps Products!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking New Aps Products!

APS Mitsubishi EVO VIII Blow Off Valve -

With its huge capacity the APS blow off valve gives you the ultimate in turbocharger durability and improved turbo response particularly during gear changes. A mammoth 1.375" (34 mm) internal bore size delivers huge capacity and at full piston travel, all ports are fully exposed for maximum blow off volume.

The APS twin vent BOV features 30 micron hard anodized, T6 billet aluminium body, low friction bronze piston, all stainless steel hardware including spring and Viton 'O' rings.

Vents 100% to atmosphere for a loud whoosh sound. $259.99

The APS smooth bore cast aluminium cold air intake system and air filter delivers a huge volume of cool air to the turbo charger for maximum engine performance.

Unlike ram pods, which source hot air from under the bonnet, the APS system breathes cool air from the inner guard for the optimum engine performance and durability. More importantly the air through the APS high flow air intake system is consistent in temperature. This means that the engine management unit's temperature compensation system operates correctly - unlike devices that source air from the highly turbulent areas under bonnet.

The APS High Flow Air Intake System is professionally engineered as a complete system and includes every nut and bolt required for installation - And, it's easy to install with no cutting or drilling required. $229.99

Professionally engineered performance for
350 - 600 horsepower applications.

Increased turbo pressure raises change air temperature and in most applications creates a large pressure drop across the entire Intercooler System - not ideal for a high powered turbocharged engine.

The APS Front Mount Intercooler is optimised to dramatically lower charge air temperature and to minimise pressure drop across the Intercooler System. In addition this larger volume of chilled air generates the highest power and torque levels possible for a given combination of tuning parts.

As you might expect from APS the Intercooler features the best in intercooler technology bar and plate design with both external and internal fins for the ultimate in heat exchange. Smooth bore precision cast aluminum intercooler end tanks are standard equipment and designed to perform when the going gets hot.

To ensure long term durability every Intercooler is factory tested to withstand turbo pressure of 30+ PSI. Rest assured this intercooler is designed for serious enthusiast. $979.99

The stock intercooler water spray bottle takes up valuable under hood space that is better utilized by a high flow cold air intake system. In order to facilitate the installation of the APS Cold Air Intake system, APS has engineered a replacement intercooler water spray reservoir that not only frees up valuable space, but also looks like it came straight from the factory $179.99
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, do you have any aps blowoffs in stock? It does have dual chambers so it vents to atomosphere and recirculate into intake right? How much shipped to san diego, ca. 92129. Paypal accepted right? Thanks can you post some actual pics of the blow off and intercooler?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

So if I want the APS cold air intake system I HAVE to spend 179 on their plastic replacement water reservoir? Is there anyway to just relocate the stock one to a different place (such as were the aps one goes)? Will they offer a kit for this? I wont spend 179 on a plastic tank that does nothing in terms of actual performance.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:33 AM

How loud is the intake, I have the HKS Racing Suction that I got last weekend and it is too loud for me?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Talking ?

Vents 100% to atmosphere for a loud whoosh sound
you don't have to buy the aps water spray bottle, but if your using the cold air intake you'll need to remove the stock bottle...
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

if the HKS RS is too loud... wow i've never heard that... do you want to get rid of it?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:18 PM

Yes, I have it for sale.
can you tell me if the APS is just as loud,
I though maybe it would not be.
Just got the HKS on last Saturday, Putting the stock unit back on tomorrow.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

email @ hayden@vividracing.com w/your contact info...
Old Feb 12, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

I got the aps cold air intake and it sounds baddass!!! I think you should stick to a drop in airfilter. Its still loud even with the stock blowoff. It will scare some people on the streets You can hear the turbo suck in all that air. It pulls hard!!! very noticeable at night when the air temp is cold and dense. Its not irritable just music to your ears I love the sound!!!Why suck hot air when you can get cold
Old Feb 12, 2004, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Talking ...

you read my mind...
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Evo8Master
It does have dual chambers so it vents to atomosphere and recirculate into intake right?
yes it's a dual vent bov, vents back into the intake and is adjustable... the posted bov picture is actually for the WRX (I have both) it's one of the best bov's I have seen
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

will they be coming out with a turbo kit? i've seen something on their site about it but not sure if it will be avilable to us
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

they're saying march... which means april or may and we will have it!
Old Feb 14, 2004, 03:58 AM

hi

this APS kit is top notch stuff, here in the uk i fitted a front mount intercooler , the air filter and a 3" exhuast sytem and along with GEMS engine management i got 377bhp and 356lbs torque, thats 100bhp up from std and 70lbs extra

mike
Old Feb 16, 2004, 05:19 PM

ASP have the best designs, for Cold Air Intake - in the World !!!

Dont be scared to part with your money guys, its the Best - I **** you NOT !!!

Quick Reply: New Aps Products!