Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

EVO MR Vortex Generator Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by solarxclipse
I thought the vortex generator comes only in black? You got a gray VG?
Honestly, it looked dark gray to me, not Tarmac Black. Now you have me worried that I've just wasted money having it painted. Here it is after paint.

I'll post picts of it installed later this week.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Speedmodel, Please post some pix of yours when it is installed! Thanks!

Cal
Gruppe-S
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Am I the only one that thinks this looks hideous? I mean to each his own and all, I guess. Looks like the robot installing the antenna brackets at the factory went haywire or something... Good vendor though.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

My MR killer

I like the vortex spoiler. I sent you an email Gruppe-s. Please respond to my questions. Yes a stock MR will out run a stock EVO 8. But..... how many EVO 8's are stock???? I would like this just to make a statement! At my work we have 2 tarmac black EVO's and no one can tell them apart. I have the sun roof with 5% tint and Exhaust. The other has no sunroof, no tint, and the stock exhaust can. But you know how chicks are.... I don't see what your talking about... blah blah blah. This is one thing that you can do to an evo that will make others in the know take a little notice. And with any luck the chicks too. No offence to any chicks that my be reading this. J/K.

Yes if you have a non-tarmac (black) EVO it might look funny. I like the look on a black EVO myself.

I prefer to look at the vortex spoilers as shark fins warning others of the vicious overwhelming attack soon to follow. (yeah that was totally cheesy! ) LOL.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Hey Speedmodel, Please post some pix of yours when it is installed!
Here you go, Cal. I installed it at the shop last night. Pretty easy. The picts aren't great, so I'll take some outdoor shots when she's put back together. Anyhow, I think it looks damn sexy on black. Purposeful, too.

Old Jun 9, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Looks sweeeeeeeet on the tarmac!!! Mine is on the way. I will try to post some pics too installed. I might go the paint route too. I just wonder how stiff the material is. I hate to paint soft plastic (cracks). If it is a hard ABS or fiberglass like stiffness I will get it painted too.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

ah i would take advantage of this but i just ordered an hks exhaust so the cash flow isn't much flow at all... looks like a really nice piece tho, congrats to those who got this
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Cajun, Thanks for the support!

speedmodel, WOW! Your car looks awesome! The Vortex shark fins makes the car look even meanier from the rear!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

please put me down for this... Please notify me when the piece has arrived... i would love this piece...
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

You don't have to get on the list they have them available on their web site. Just go there and buy. They have the same $$$ there as here.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

yeah these are nice, i wouldnt mind getting these and get it paint matched to apex silver but no money... i wonder how effective are these at 30-60 mph, thats where most of the track speeds are
Old Jun 11, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Who already has them for sale...
Old Jun 11, 2004, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RADmitsu
Who already has them for sale...
We did. They were immediately available about 3 days after I posted this GB thread. However, they are all sold out at this time.. more are on their way tho.
Please give me a call if you want one. I will take down the info and contact you when next shipment arrives.

Thanks

Cal
Gruppe-S
510-498-8400
Old Jun 11, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I can't see paying that much for a piece of plastic
If it really does help drag at high speeds and you are a professional racer that races Solo II and wants every advantage possible I could understand. But for someone putting them on their street car that is never tracked seems like a waste of money
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:43 PM

Cal, this is roo from Top Secret. Can you please have Max call/e-mail me back reguarding setting up a wholesale account with us or removing our products/logos from the Gruppe S website. I hate to post this on a public forum but his lack of response to my calls and e-mails has concerned the owners and office in Japan enough to start building a file on it for our lawyer.

Thank You,
roo

Quick Reply: EVO MR Vortex Generator Group Buy