Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

RacingBrake Rotors now on sale!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2004, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RacingBrake Rotors now on sale!

We've got special pricing on the awesome RacingBrake stock-replacement rotors for the Evo. These are extremely high-quality rotors, slotted and EDP black-coated for rust-resistance and a neat appearance.

Don't think there is a difference in rotors? Ask the vendor of that "other" rotor if they own the entire production process, or if they just buy some mystery rotor and resell it. Ask them if their rotors are heat-treated. Ask them if they use a special high-strength iron alloy. Or if their rotors' cooling vanes are curved for greater efficiency.

RacingBrake Rotors on Sale! - Click me!

For a limited time, we've got an extra-special price on a full set of four rotors. Click the link above for pricing and to order.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com

Last edited by Mach V Dan; Nov 19, 2004 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Our purchasing power allows us to drop the price even lower!
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a nice shot of the curved-vane directional front rotor. This design actually works like a fan to actively scoop air out through the middle of the rotor. Notice, too, that the larger vanes actually extend toward the hub, forming an additional air guide that also strengthens the structure of the rotor. Brembo/OEM rotors don't have this, nor are they directional with curved vanes.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

What do they weigh?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by instigator
What do they weigh?
People keep asking this question about rotors, and I think there's definitely some misunderstanding about rotor weight.

First off, if it's a cast iron rotor, stock replacement size, it'll weigh about the same as a stock rotor, no matter what you do to it. (Drill, slot, zinc plate, etch flowers in it, whatever).

Second, mass in the rotor is actually GOOD. It allows the rotor to absorb and store heat, which it can later shed out to the air. A less massive rotor will be more prone to heat soak, after which time heat must travel into the brake pads, caliper, and brake fluid. Of course, reducing unsprung weight (which brakes are) is good for handling, and reducing rotating mass is good, too. But I'd rather take mass out of the wheels than out of the brake rotors. And the only real way to reduce mass from a rotor is to go to a two-piece rotor with an aluminum center.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Aug 2, 2004, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

At first sight, I thought that was an aluminum hub. That's why I asked.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by instigator
At first sight, I thought that was an aluminum hub. That's why I asked.
Ah. Gotcha!

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Aug 2, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan
People keep asking this question about rotors, and I think there's definitely some misunderstanding about rotor weight.

First off, if it's a cast iron rotor, stock replacement size, it'll weigh about the same as a stock rotor, no matter what you do to it. (Drill, slot, zinc plate, etch flowers in it, whatever).

Second, mass in the rotor is actually GOOD. It allows the rotor to absorb and store heat, which it can later shed out to the air. A less massive rotor will be more prone to heat soak, after which time heat must travel into the brake pads, caliper, and brake fluid. Of course, reducing unsprung weight (which brakes are) is good for handling, and reducing rotating mass is good, too. But I'd rather take mass out of the wheels than out of the brake rotors. And the only real way to reduce mass from a rotor is to go to a two-piece rotor with an aluminum center.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Thank God there's a vendor that finally knows something about brakes.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mayhem
Thank God there's a vendor that finally knows something about brakes.
Hey, thanks for the praise. We try not to simply parrot the manufacturer press blurb...

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:07 AM

I called Ken Kozlowski at racing brake and he's selling them to me for the same price...where's your savings?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by concept3
I called Ken Kozlowski at racing brake and he's selling them to me for the same price...where's your savings?
Most of our customers order from us because we have superior service, stock level, and technical knowledge. Give us a try; I think you'll be happy. Ken is a great guy, and can provide you with brake rotors, but can he tell you all about tuning an Evo? About engine management, fuel, and suspension upgrades? About brake pads and how the Evo drives on the track with different pad compounds? We can...

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Aug 16, 2004, 01:07 PM

Unhappy

I didn't mean it like that! I left out the part that I live close to their main office in NJ, and that he could sell them to me direct, and I was thinking of getting them closer to home....
Old Aug 17, 2004, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by concept3
I didn't mean it like that! I left out the part that I live close to their main office in NJ, and that he could sell them to me direct, and I was thinking of getting them closer to home...
Oh, okay. Hey, no problem.

At least I found out that RacingBrake isn't undercutting me.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

We're selling lots of these rotors and have gotten great feedback about them, and given our volume purchasing we have the ability to offer even lower prices now!

Bonus picture: Here's a view of the curved-vane design:

RacingBrake rotors - click me!

Click the link for the latest sale prices, and to order.

Thanks,

Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Nov 26, 2004, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

My God, those are nice.

Dan, it's like I told you the last time I was at the shop. I buy from you because you have some of the best customer support I have ever seen. You also have a true storefront, and a very knowledgable staff. The fact that you actually track your car AND tune your car makes for great assets as a vendor on here.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 06:36 AM

Hey Dan, bump for a great deal. I wish I had waited, I paid more than that for mine months ago. What kind of pads do you reccomend that have good bite and fade resistant to heat without premature wear on the rotors?

Quick Reply: RacingBrake Rotors now on sale!