Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heck, I'm checking my frequent flier miles to see about giving Otaku a free flight to Dallas. Between myself and Goofygrin, we have everything he'd need.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by simonsez828
I'm kinda new here, but has anyone suggested the idea of e-conferencing with Otaku to do the testing with the current build?

Example:
Coordinate what would be needed in order to do the tests on the MMCS
(I'm thinking someone who is savy with HDD removal, has the adapter to connect HDD to laptop, and a fairly decent computer).

Have Otaku dictate what hardware/software would be needed for him to adjust the program on the fly.

Then utilize some remote assistance program where Otaku could remotely program the HDD from the comfort of his own home(such as Crossloop) and an instant messenger for communication (AIM Express maybe?).

Theoretically, the volunteer would only have to remove the hard drive, connect it to their computer, and let Otaku do his thing, and reconnect the HDD to MMCS.

Test that build for functionality, if it works great, if not, rinse and repeat.

It might seem a bit of a stretch, but I'm just as anxious to see this happen as anyone else.

Just a suggestion, and I hope you'll be gentle on a noob's first post.

All the best,
SimonSez
I actually offered this up to Otaku via PM *yesterday*. I have everything I'd need, including a high-end laptop, experience locking/unlocking the drive, writing images to disk, a T1 net connection, and I've been a software architect for the last 5 years. Also, I could give a rat's *** if we brick the navi... I can fix it regardless.

Otaku: I'll give you VNC to my laptop and we can get this taken care of. Let us know if you'd want to do the process this way.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I sent Otaku a PM 2+ weeks ago, offering anything needed to figure out how to unlock the newer navi. No response.

Totally willing to help out.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:34 PM

Heh..
And now its _my_ turn to be :$
I coulda sworn I had PM notifications turned on..
*sigh*

As it happens , I'll apparently be heading out to Seattle around the 16th of this month..
If the Overlords can be persuaded that 6'4" me won't fit in economy class that is ..
And I think I'm sorted - all thanks to Brian Weaver of mitsubishiforum , he is in that locale ..
Hopefully will have a nice update for y'all soon..
atb.
O.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Wooohooo to you and brian. We r all looking so forward to this update. Much appreciated for all the work.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

lucky me i had the old version got mine working the week i bought my car in february
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
lucky me i had the old version got mine working the week i bought my car in february
Someone is rubbing it in.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

i still have my dvd hack working just fine... but i was wondering if there is a hack to get the aux running while driving?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so whats the status on this update? thanks for the hardwork

0wnage.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OtakuTTA
Heh..
And now its _my_ turn to be :$
I coulda sworn I had PM notifications turned on..
*sigh*

As it happens , I'll apparently be heading out to Seattle around the 16th of this month..
If the Overlords can be persuaded that 6'4" me won't fit in economy class that is ..
And I think I'm sorted - all thanks to Brian Weaver of mitsubishiforum , he is in that locale ..
Hopefully will have a nice update for y'all soon..
atb.
O.
SICKNESS!!! I will be happy to test it out when you've got it done.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't read all the pages so feel free to flame but at least for the 2008 wrx navi in order for it to play movies in motion all you do is ground the wire that goes from the HU to the ebrake. But in the back of the HU not down by the handle. The navi thinks the ebrake is up.

Have you guys tried that?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

My thought was it was software activated rather than wired from the Ebrake. Has anyone confirm this?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ferraritech
Yea we have property 5 hours from houston and my wife and i like to put on a movie while we drive down there it helps pass the time. The trick is to watch a movie that you have seen before that way the driver can watch the road and listen to the movie rather than try to watch it so as not to miss anything. I would never watch a movie i had never seen while driving. Unless i really wanted to see it but then again a mother #$@@#@ broke into my car and stole my alpine dvd head unit so i won't watch anymore movies till i get my evo and do this
heh same idea - but w/ a bose surround sound
Old Apr 21, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
I didn't read all the pages so feel free to flame but at least for the 2008 wrx navi in order for it to play movies in motion all you do is ground the wire that goes from the HU to the ebrake. But in the back of the HU not down by the handle. The navi thinks the ebrake is up.

Have you guys tried that?
Lancers have a speed sensor, and it has nothing to do with the ebrake or tranny position. You can be stopped, in drive at a stop light, and the video plays. As soon as you go over 1mph, it cuts out video and keeps playing audio.

Unfortunately, there's like a million other things the speed sensor is important for. Like, for example, the speedometer.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is a dumb question but can some one help me out either on here or through pm. I have 30.94 and am just a little lost on where to get this image and what to do. I have read through all of this but must be over looking it or am just dumb lol.
Tthanks in advance for the help.

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS