Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Cobb Stage 1 Dyno'd, 252 whp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Stage 1 Dyno'd, 252 whp

Baseline was 201 whp on a "heartbreaker" mustang dyno here in detroit. This dyno typically reads 15% lower than Buscher's for comparisons sake. With a sililcone Perrin tubo inlet pipe and off the shelf Cobb stage 1 it made 252 at the wheels! I am very happy with the gain. Wayne from PPI is scanning the dynosheets in and made a video for me. I will post them when I get them.

Dyno Sheet:

HP/Trq/AF/Boost

Last edited by Eurorcr; Feb 25, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting your results. I've been waiting for some more dyno results from the AP. Looks like you gained quite a bit!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Forgot to mention that A/F at wide open throttle was a very safe 10.2. Boost was 23psi tapering down. There is plenty of room for a custom tune to bump up the A/f a bit to get even more power
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know a great deal about tuning, but this certainly seems to be a very good gain for the off the shelf map. I know I flashed back to stock last night and did a 1-3 pull and then flashed back to the S1 map just to feel the difference again and it is QUITE a difference!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

by the way... what sort of gain is the inlet pipe supposed to give?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

IIRC, the Perrin turbo inlet is good for about 5-7whp and increase in spool. I picked one up last week during their Valentine's Day sale.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
IIRC, the Perrin turbo inlet is good for about 5-7whp and increase in spool. I picked one up last week during their Valentine's Day sale.
is it really worth picking up ? and it's ok to run that with the stage 1 map?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

My mistake...it looks like 10whp. I believe it is worth it to pick up. I picked it up for 90 bucks shipped and I plan to just install it along with my intake whenever I get around to it. The numbers don't lie. I also have faith in Perrin's testing abilities and believe the data to be an accurate representation of real world gains.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=3&model=26
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

My mistake...it looks like 10whp. I believe it is worth it to pick up. I picked it up for 90 bucks shipped and I plan to just install it along with my intake whenever I get around to it. The numbers don't lie. I also have faith in Perrin's testing abilities and believe the data to be an accurate representation of real world gains.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=3&model=26
I was under the impression that anything more then stock... aside from maybe a drop in, wouldn't run right with a stage 1 Cobb map, a Perrin i'm not to sure.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure about the compatability with the Cobb Stage 1 map. I'm not sure if it would effect much as it doesn't alter the AFRs in anyway however that is just a guess. I would contact Robb from Cobb. Haha, that rhymed.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure about the compatability with the Cobb Stage 1 map. I'm not sure if it would effect much as it doesn't alter the AFRs in anyway however that is just a guess. I would contact Robb from Cobb. Haha, that rhymed.
yes you did Method Man yes you did
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Nice gains I did mine on a dyno dynamics with around the same base numbers and I hit 255awhp and 245awtq with the stage one and I personally beleave the AP is the best product I have ever owned on any of my cars.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I was under the impression that anything more then stock... aside from maybe a drop in, wouldn't run right with a stage 1 Cobb map, a Perrin i'm not to sure.

the majority of the reason an open element intake isn't recommended to run with the AP is because of the larger MAF housing, which will lean out the car. I know a drop in can lean out too, but I can't see just replacing the inlet pipe causing any problems with an AP shelf map. With this pipe you keep your stock MAF housing which is imo the problem with open element intakes comes from.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

very nice gains there btw OP.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks!

I would not be concerned about running the AP stage 1 with the tubo inlet pipe and stock airbox as I have. I logged boost and A/F during my runs and the A/F was in the low 10's at wide open throttle. The aftermarket MAF pipes (larger) that come with the open air elements cause the A/F to lean out. I believe this is why cobb says not use them.

Quick Reply: Cobb Stage 1 Dyno'd, 252 whp