Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP Red 411whp/365wtq DG Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 02:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great tune pete happy to see that the fp makes good power
Old May 22, 2009, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
great tune pete happy to see that the fp makes good power
Thanks Allen. When are you coming back in for your shifter console bushing and master cyl. brace install?
Old May 22, 2009, 03:18 PM

wow... great stats.
i'm getting so hyped every time I hear of an evo x stepping up, especially ones tuned by DG MOTORS.
u'll be hearing from me soon.
Old May 22, 2009, 03:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Thanks Allen. When are you coming back in for your shifter console bushing and master cyl. brace install?
once this exhaust comes in im going to have you put that in and the we are going to tune it so i dont have to go back and forth
Old May 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DG Motors
Gsr's range from 205-220whp

Mr's range from 180-200whp
going off this you guys did a great job with the fp red and the evo altogether.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cueburner
wow... great stats.
i'm getting so hyped every time I hear of an evo x stepping up, especially ones tuned by DG MOTORS.
u'll be hearing from me soon.
Sounds good! Thanks Jamar!

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
once this exhaust comes in im going to have you put that in and the we are going to tune it so i dont have to go back and forth
looking forward to it. Time to make some power!

Originally Posted by Skyline559
going off this you guys did a great job with the fp red and the evo altogether.
Thanks! It is all about the right parts and the right tune. You also need to find an honest shop that does honest work. That is what we are all about. It's like a huge family.
Old May 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
You say that you logged with Evoscan, but AFAIK Evoscan only logs Timing and knock properly on the Evo X. How did you log load, IPW, IDC, and LTFT when the CAN locations in Evoscan are wrong? I know they are wrong because I compared them to logs from PCMScan and AP.
Old May 23, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

sweet #s i'm installing my red tomorrow
Old May 23, 2009, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hameedosh
sweet #s i'm installing my red tomorrow
good luck!
Old May 24, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm a fan of the FP Red and I'm monitoring what and how it performs while I'm deployed. It's good to get on the computer in a dust storm to read that the EVO community is still alive and well. I'm waiting to see how the "revised" FP Red performs. It seems like the FP Red laughs at 27PSI. And then with the 880cc injectors. Would changing to 1000cc injectors give you more ability and room to tune given that this is a daily driver?
Old May 25, 2009, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I'm a fan of the FP Red and I'm monitoring what and how it performs while I'm deployed. It's good to get on the computer in a dust storm to read that the EVO community is still alive and well. I'm waiting to see how the "revised" FP Red performs. It seems like the FP Red laughs at 27PSI. And then with the 880cc injectors. Would changing to 1000cc injectors give you more ability and room to tune given that this is a daily driver?
First off, thank you for serving our country!

FP Red turbos need boost to start. 25+ psi is where this turbo starts making some nice power.

This build is a daily driven car so we need to leave a little room on the table. The customer has a decent commute each day so he may stop at different gas stations from time to time etc....

I would like to state that 411whp on our dyno is much higher on a dynojet. At 26.5 psi, this car is making some serious power. These injectors left for about 80-90% duty cycle so yes, the 1000cc would give some more tuning room.

The main reason we stopped here is because the customer has a stroker kit on the way. This tune is safe and reliable and plenty of power for the next month or so until we pull the motor, build it and then shoot for 30+ psi
Old May 25, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

great numbers! also a big thumbs up to you and your shop for what seems to be a great, reliable, and trust worthy shop. couple of quick questions if you dont mind.

1. are the only fuel mods needed to run this kind of setup- injectors,FP and fuel rail?
2. with the cams, can you rev higher safely? maybe with some springs and different head studs?
3. kind of an off topic thing, but is it just his exhaust setup or the video cause his car doesnt seem to be that loud. the 9's seem way louder than the X's. sorry i just love a loud exhaust

thanks and a big to you!
Old May 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MICLOIV
great numbers! also a big thumbs up to you and your shop for what seems to be a great, reliable, and trust worthy shop. couple of quick questions if you dont mind.

1. are the only fuel mods needed to run this kind of setup- injectors,FP and fuel rail?
2. with the cams, can you rev higher safely? maybe with some springs and different head studs?
3. kind of an off topic thing, but is it just his exhaust setup or the video cause his car doesnt seem to be that loud. the 9's seem way louder than the X's. sorry i just love a loud exhaust

thanks and a big to you!
Thanks for showing interest in our thread!

1. Our evo X is making 403whp with only an injector upgrade (800cc) just fine. A fuel pump upgrade is wise and I do recommend it but it is not needed at this power level. Same goes with the fuel rail.

2. No, you can NOT rev higher with just these cams alone. Upgraded valve springs and retainers are needed to "safely" rev the car higher. The cosworth mx1 cams were designed to work with the stock valve-train and stock rev-limit.

3. Some exhausts for sure sound different. We also need to invest in a camera upgrade since it is far from the best! This car is running an ultimate racing o2 eliminator downpipe, hks test pipe, and hks dual exhaust. It is far from the loudest. If you want loud, check out our evo x with buschur exhaust. I believe it is amongst the loudest evo x exhaust we have came across yet. Evo X's are also much deeper than evo 8/9s IMO.
Old May 26, 2009, 06:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome numbers. FPRed FTW!
Old May 26, 2009, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by malymabl97
great numbers.
Originally Posted by compscibOi
Awesome numbers. FPRed FTW!
Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: FP Red 411whp/365wtq DG Tuned!