Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

DG Motors: 3 Tuned Evo X's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice gains. You have well documented that the dyno reads low and I understand that gains are gains. Can you adjust it to read 220-230 average on a stock GSR? I don't see this as being sneaky since they probably make about this amount of hp. Just a suggestion, not trying to start anything.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Getting rid of the stock cat will greatly reduce backpressure and add a good 10-15whp right of the bat with no tuning.

The other cars still had the stock cat in place. A nice free flowing full tbe will yield the best power gains over another evo x with a catback,intake or both as we found out yesterday.
I was under the impression that with a stock turbo, stock intercooler and no cams that a stock exhaust with no cat would flow well enough to not make much gains over a full turbo back. What do you think?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice gains, I'm anxious for my retune with my test pipe in place now!
I feel the gains already on the butt dyno.

Evo a Mula- I like that little bragging writes quote you have in the last line of your sig. lol

XEVOX08- I'd love to hear that exhaust in person man, what part in queens are you from. I'm by valley stream.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

I can meet you out somewhere no problem let me know. I am usually in long island so we can set something up. The only thing I warn you about the exhaust is that it shoots hugeeee flames! hehe
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by strocse
Nice gains. You have well documented that the dyno reads low and I understand that gains are gains. Can you adjust it to read 220-230 average on a stock GSR? I don't see this as being sneaky since they probably make about this amount of hp. Just a suggestion, not trying to start anything.
Thanks. There has been numerous threads about correction factors. We have made a video about this and have also tested cars on our dyno and other dynos to see differences in power in the past. We can for sure change the correction to make our dyno read like a dyno jet. Most stock gsr's will range in the 240-260whp in stock form on a dynojet. We are going to leave our machine calibrated at a 1.0 correction factor as is. Explaining and understanding power under the curve is more important than us being able to pump out a 20-40whp higher peak number. A customer should not be satisfied over a peak number so we will always go above in beyond and study the gains/dynosheet with our customers so he/she can get a better understanding of how much stronger the given car is running. We purchased a $100,000 machine, if we wanted higher numbers we could have easily saved $40,000 and went with a dynojet.

Originally Posted by strocse
I was under the impression that with a stock turbo, stock intercooler and no cams that a stock exhaust with no cat would flow well enough to not make much gains over a full turbo back. What do you think?
To be honest with you I can not give you an answer since we haven't tested that combination. I would be willing to give it a shot though
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Pete, The code for no cat didn't come on again yet but im sure it will. Get back to me with a solution because I tried the spacers on the 02 already. I dunno if the car is still rich it must be because it shoots huge flames is that normal? hahah Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
Pete, The code for no cat didn't come on again yet but im sure it will. Get back to me with a solution because I tried the spacers on the 02 already. I dunno if the car is still rich it must be because it shoots huge flames is that normal? hahah Thanks.
I have another cel fix option for you other than the mechanical solution you tried. We have an o2 cell patch we can flash into your ecu when you come in for your next round of mods/tuning!

Your car is far from too rich now. 11:5:1-11:7:1 A/F

These cars will backfire on decel and on the rev limiter due to no catalytic converter!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Ok no problem I might come in sooner because I need the light gone. Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Ok no problem I might come in sooner because I need the light gone. Thanks!
No problem
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
XEVOX08- Sounds good I'll pm you.

Last edited by evofan_08; Jun 8, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

hey Charlie! Too bad you aren't around for some nice taco bell at 2 a.m! It was an interesting weekend for sure!!!!
lmao just messing around with you pete. For sure was an interesting weekend. Im sure theres going to be plenty more of those coming to us
Old Jun 8, 2009, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

hey Charlie! Too bad you aren't around for some nice taco bell at 2 a.m! It was an interesting weekend for sure!!!!
2 bad you didn't stay out later we all made money lool

I no Eric told you about what my next plans are lets just say Pete I'm going over that stock turbo evo X record I think me & Pete can so it
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kreionic
lmao just messing around with you pete. For sure was an interesting weekend. Im sure theres going to be plenty more of those coming to us
Sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
2 bad you didn't stay out later we all made money lool

I no Eric told you about what my next plans are lets just say Pete I'm going over that stock turbo evo X record I think me & Pete can so it
Eric and I spoke about the combination you are looking to run and it seems extremely promising. We will be pushing the car hard for sure. Let's see what this 4b11 can really do!!!

do I smell 30+ psi.....
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

30+psi ftw!!!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

30+psi ftw!!!
yes 30 psi somehow someway this is going to happen or mabye it already did my car is sadly a freak