Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TTP breaks in an Evo X GSR on the dyno 347whp, bone stock!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If you have a few evos wanting to get tuned, we could always fly out for an event.
You're just looking for an excuse to fly out to Hawaii!
Old Jun 20, 2009 | 06:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by flyguycfi
You're just looking for an excuse to fly out to Hawaii!
We have already tuned Anchorage, Alaska so chalking up the other non-continental state should be easy, and a lot warmer.
Old Jun 21, 2009 | 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .MM
so something is fishy with the numbers im seeing at ttp, no offense...because evo 9's dont make 357whp with such minimal mods...
Well that's because EVO 9's don't make as much power from a tune. EVO X's were tuned far more conservative from the factory.
Old Jun 21, 2009 | 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HB Speed
SAE= 8%? damn thats alot...........

Its no wonder people in FL use SAE and STD for their dynos...........
Where did you get 8%?
Old Jun 21, 2009 | 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HB Speed
SAE= 8%? damn thats alot...........

Its no wonder people in FL use SAE and STD for their dynos...........
It removes whp in the winter time. If temperature is below 77*F it removes whp on WCF. Above 77*F according to SAE J1349 standards, HP is added to offset higher than average temperature.

It is a fair system which is why it was invented. This way it levels the playing field from a car in the Northeast at 49*F and 9* humidity to a Southeast car at 101*F and 93% humidity.

All dynamometers should employ a SAE J1349 weather station correction reading so that the SAE standard can be maintained throughout the world.
Old Jun 22, 2009 | 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

WOW, thats one helluva dyno!

As others have said, who cares if the baseline is high, the gains are all that matters, good work!!!

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; Jun 22, 2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2009 | 05:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by .MM
i dont know...i have a friend with an evo 9. the only mods he had were like TBE, intake, MBC, spark plugs and a ttp tune and he is claiming 357whp on their dyno....and typically mustang dynos read low...

so something is fishy with the numbers im seeing at ttp, no offense...because evo 9's dont make 357whp with such minimal mods...
Assuming this is my car your talking about...
It made 355 actually and before tune with the mods i made 278

I ALSO RAN AN 11.80@117... so sounds about right??

Last edited by MattsT67; Jun 23, 2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2009 | 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Seriously, I agree with lots of other posters and moderator. It doesn't really matter what the final figures are. It's the difference between the baseline and final that's important.

The uncorrected final figure is 321, which is still pretty damn good for a stock evo x. But most importantly, it gained 75 whp over baseline which is the most important figure of all. Granted, it's not out of line from various other good tuners but still a good gain.

This is my car. I've driven it for a week now with the tune and it's outstanding. Reliable, no error codes, no check engines, no hesitation or strange sounds throughout all the gears to redline. On top of that, these guys were great to work with - took time to explain a lot of stuff to a newb like me - and offers a very reasonable price for the work.

In short, as their ratings show - if you're in Central/Northern FL and you need a tune - check out TTP.
Old Jun 23, 2009 | 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going to stop by TTP today for a dyno pull. I was tuned on Cobb's MD in Plano Texas and I bet the numbers should be close when correcting for the weather and altitude difference.
Old Jun 23, 2009 | 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I'm going to stop by TTP today for a dyno pull. I was tuned on Cobb's MD in Plano Texas and I bet the numbers should be close when correcting for the weather and altitude difference.
Thanks for coming out today Fred.
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

With what's been said from moderators etc. about not bashing TTP and "de-railing" threads... I think a more appropriate action would be for the OP to not post "TTP breaks in an Evo X GSR on the dyno 347whp, bone stock!" titled threads but instead maybe "TTP breaks in an EVO X GSR on the dyno and gains 70whp, bone stock!".

As other have said, this is much more in line with what all other industry tuners are seeing on stock X's.
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 08:02 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
With what's been said from moderators etc. about not bashing TTP and "de-railing" threads... I think a more appropriate action would be for the OP to not post "TTP breaks in an Evo X GSR on the dyno 347whp, bone stock!" titled threads but instead maybe "TTP breaks in an EVO X GSR on the dyno and gains 70whp, bone stock!".

As other have said, this is much more in line with what all other industry tuners are seeing on stock X's.
I don't make it a habit of micromanaging people and telling them how to start threads.

There is no "correct" number of what industry tuners should see. I use a dyno that shows a stock X at 215whp. In the same way that TTP gets questioned about their numbers being high, I get a lot of "man, that dyno reads too low and sucks" crap. It gets old, dude.

I pour over these threads, and if you read the original posts, all the data is there. The baseline, the end result, the percentage of gain. It all lines up.

If you want to comment on how their dyno reads, this would be a good place to do it, as there is a good comparison to Cobb and some explanation: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...o-results.html

Cleaning up "that dyno reads too high" or "that dyno reads too low" posts in multiple threads sucks. I've left it alone many times, and they all turn into off topic pissing matches. They are about gains and tuning, not who's dyno reads higher than who else's.
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Understood. I agree with you... dyno talk is lame. I just feel that some vendors try to create hype that may mislead prospective customers who don't read the fine print. Not saying TTP does at all... I just think more shops and people should focus on net gains, not final peak #'s.

I'm just as tired of it as anyone else. My car dyno'd 208 stock. I gained 102whp with AMS boltons and COBB AP Stage 2 shelf flash, putting the car at 310. People think that's low... until they go for a ride.
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 09:44 AM

Nice numbers....!
Old Jun 25, 2009 | 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
I don't make it a habit of micromanaging people and telling them how to start threads.

There is no "correct" number of what industry tuners should see. I use a dyno that shows a stock X at 215whp. In the same way that TTP gets questioned about their numbers being high, I get a lot of "man, that dyno reads too low and sucks" crap. It gets old, dude.

I pour over these threads, and if you read the original posts, all the data is there. The baseline, the end result, the percentage of gain. It all lines up.

If you want to comment on how their dyno reads, this would be a good place to do it, as there is a good comparison to Cobb and some explanation: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...o-results.html

Cleaning up "that dyno reads too high" or "that dyno reads too low" posts in multiple threads sucks. I've left it alone many times, and they all turn into off topic pissing matches. They are about gains and tuning, not who's dyno reads higher than who else's.
yeah you are 100% right.
Even that post you are refer is shows only, those two dynos read a "same" that's all. Nothing to do with dyno dynamics or dyno jet.
Dyno is a tool and where you see your gain. The numbers it gives you is irrelevant . You should concentrate on the gain its give you only.

These dyno threads are fun though, you can see the " i suppos to have a bigger d*&k i measured it" posts . Since with my tape measure said so
I love them

Quick Reply: TTP breaks in an Evo X GSR on the dyno 347whp, bone stock!