Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Armando's TTP Boost Line Tuned Evo X GSR +75whp!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Armando's TTP Boost Line Tuned Evo X GSR +75whp!

Friends are great. Especially the ones who sneak your new Evo X GSR away while you are not home in order to surprise you with an extra +75whp to propel you around town. Armando wanted to surprise his good friend by giving him the gift of horsepower. This gift came in the form of TTP-Engineering custom dynotuning.

Now we would love to say the car had a huge turbo with meth injection, 2 stages of nitrous and make it real exciting, however in this case, the car came in stock.

After strapping down the car, we loaded our proprietary ECU remapping for MIVEC control, ignition timing, boost mapping, fueling, limits and so on. If you have been following the last few Evo X tuning threads of ours, you may remember us stating that some Evo X's come in with stronger wastegate settings than others.

In this case, the car was one of the weaker ones maxing out at about 23.5psi with stock boost hitting about 20.5psi peak. We knew we could safely increase the boost, but at near 100% duty cycle on the boost control solenoids, there just was no way for the car to go higher without a little assistance. We used our prototype TTP-Engineering boost line into stock BCS, which does not require removing any stock boost pills or adding any new ones, is reversible and simple to install. This allowed us to remove a few % duty cycle on the OEM BCS units while still able to achieve 26psi peak boost.

It worked just as anticipated. Armando's ride was tuned to maximum duty cycle on stock BCS and lines and then updated with the TTP boost line. The gains were 18whp and 26ft-lbs of torque.

Here is the graph of the final power and torque overlayed with stock:

Here is the graph of the maxed stock BCS overlayed with the TTP boost line:

Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd or 4th gear?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

IIRC all of his pulls on mine were 4th.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
The peak gains are 344-281=63 hp. Is the 75 hp gain a maximum gain? I think it is.

Is there a way that you can post a chart that is less jagged? I know that the factory smoothing on the Mustang is 6. But it seems too low and it produces very jagged power curves. I am not saying that you should use 77, but a smoothing number that produces a less jagged graph.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, I think I'd kick my friends *** if they stole my car and tinkered with it on a dyno without me being present. Maybe I'm just too controlling.

Good gains!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
Wow, I think I'd kick my friends *** if they stole my car and tinkered with it on a dyno without me being present. Maybe I'm just too controlling.
As long as they paid for it, I wouldn't care. TTP knows what they're doing, the most you'll be doing there is just sitting and watching them do their thing as well.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

Thats one heck of a surprise, Wish i had friends like that lol.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

thats one hell of a gift/surprise!!! I also wish I had friends like that... Nice gains
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by flyguycfi
IIRC all of his pulls on mine were 4th.
This is correct.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 06:31 PM

good numbers
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

I was on vacation and just recently got back. It's funny I just caught this now.

It was sort of a last minute suggestion to my friend who was working while I was at the beach relaxing with his family.

- Called Scott in the morning for an afternoon tune.
- I grabbed my friend's car with his son at his office and shot out to TTP.
- Got lost, showed up late around 5PM. Felt responsible for Scott to have very late quick lunch.

Long story short, ABSOLUTELY SATISFIED.

Despite the late day, Scott really took his time and was meticulous with how he handled my friend's car. First off I have to say I have never seen so much care taken to tie down the car to the dyno. He also took his time to answer all my questions and threw in a free "pink" TTP shirt for my friend's wife to boot.

The results speak for themselves regardless of numbers, the car drives strong. My friend bought his car new a year ago and kept it bone stock. He feels the improvement is so profound as to say he feels that he has received another new car this year. I agree. I am seriously contemplating, replacing my modified VIII for a X shortly.

Sometimes when you do kind things for others, things can go terribly wrong. So relieved I went to TTP. Big thanks to Scott and Luis.

Last edited by inslowoutfast; Jul 4, 2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 08:01 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the kind words!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Friends are great. Especially the ones who sneak your new Evo X GSR away while you are not home in order to surprise you with an extra +75whp to propel you around town. Armando wanted to surprise his good friend by giving him the gift of horsepower. This gift came in the form of TTP-Engineering custom dynotuning.

Now we would love to say the car had a huge turbo with meth injection, 2 stages of nitrous and make it real exciting, however in this case, the car came in stock.

After strapping down the car, we loaded our proprietary ECU remapping for MIVEC control, ignition timing, boost mapping, fueling, limits and so on. If you have been following the last few Evo X tuning threads of ours, you may remember us stating that some Evo X's come in with stronger wastegate settings than others.

In this case, the car was one of the weaker ones maxing out at about 23.5psi with stock boost hitting about 20.5psi peak. We knew we could safely increase the boost, but at near 100% duty cycle on the boost control solenoids, there just was no way for the car to go higher without a little assistance. We used our prototype TTP-Engineering boost line into stock BCS, which does not require removing any stock boost pills or adding any new ones, is reversible and simple to install. This allowed us to remove a few % duty cycle on the OEM BCS units while still able to achieve 26psi peak boost.

It worked just as anticipated. Armando's ride was tuned to maximum duty cycle on stock BCS and lines and then updated with the TTP boost line. The gains were 18whp and 26ft-lbs of torque.

Here is the graph of the final power and torque overlayed with stock:

Here is the graph of the maxed stock BCS overlayed with the TTP boost line:

It is still amaze me, how the stock X make those numbers on pump gas , 26psi peak boost and Florida summer on mustang dyno.
Excellent 344 whp-336 wtq.

That is translate even with friendly calculation, 406 bhp and 396 ft/lb.
Boy oh boy if the UK Ralliart guys would know this undiscovered possibilities... They should come over for some education. How really easy you can make the FQ 400. Even in Florida weather vs England weather.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news...entid=11303685

nice job.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by inslowoutfast
I was on vacation and just recently got back. It's funny I just caught this now.

It was sort of a last minute suggestion to my friend who was working while I was at the beach relaxing with his family.

- Called Scott in the morning for an afternoon tune.
- I grabbed my friend's car with his son at his office and shot out to TTP.
- Got lost, showed up late around 5PM. Felt responsible for Scott to have very late quick lunch.

Long story short, ABSOLUTELY SATISFIED.

Despite the late day, Scott really took his time and was meticulous with how he handled my friend's car. First off I have to say I have never seen so much care taken to tie down the car to the dyno. He also took his time to answer all my questions and threw in a free "pink" TTP shirt for my friend's wife to boot.

The results speak for themselves regardless of numbers, the car drives strong. My friend bought his car new a year ago and kept it bone stock. He feels the improvement is so profound as to say he feels that he has received another new car this year. I agree. I am seriously contemplating, replacing my modified VIII for a X shortly.

Sometimes when you do kind things for others, things can go terribly wrong. So relieved I went to TTP. Big thanks to Scott and Luis.

You're a great friend to do that for someone.

Now you know why repeat customers keep coming back
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice

Quick Reply: Armando's TTP Boost Line Tuned Evo X GSR +75whp!