Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

EFI Logics tuned EVO X FP Red w/ AMS boltons - 25psi pump gas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
Not necessarily. I'd have to see what a STOCK EVO X puts down on TTP's dyno and would also like to know what they use as a multiplier. Most dynos can be manipulated. I am basing my assumptions off of the Mustang Dyno that I go, versus other local Dynojets.

As a matter of fact, maybe on Friday I will go dyno on a Dynojet and report back here.

Subscribed. This should get interesting.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostin20
Subscribed. This should get interesting.
Yeah... I didn't make it to the local Dynojet being 4th of July weekend and all of that.

I may go sometime, but it's not a huge priority to me. Based on some of the dyno plots I've seen in this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if I hit 850+whp with my setup on some of these dynos

- Louis
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah... I didn't make it to the local Dynojet being 4th of July weekend and all of that.

I may go sometime, but it's not a huge priority to me. Based on some of the dyno plots I've seen in this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if I hit 850+whp with my setup on some of these dynos

- Louis

On a Mustang, that could happen very easily by changing some numbers around. Won't happen on a dynojet though. They actually have very repeatable results between different dynos, and is why they are the standard.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:45 AM

NICE!! Graphs look good
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drewgray
On a Mustang, that could happen very easily by changing some numbers around. Won't happen on a dynojet though. They actually have very repeatable results between different dynos, and is why they are the standard.
Yes and no. I wouldn't call the Dynojet the "standard". I think most shops buy Dynojets because of their price and simplicity. I might agree that Dynojets are pretty repeatable, and that Mustang Dyno's CAN be messed with as far as the multiplier and drum weight entry, etc.

Originally Posted by tortyklubevo
NICE!! Graphs look good
Thank you!

- Louis
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Looks awesome...can't wait for Chris to tune my MR
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers! I bet it feels great? Any clutch mods or its holding just fine?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 617G
Looks awesome...can't wait for Chris to tune my MR
Thanks! Chris is a great tuner, I know you'll be happy with your visit to EFI Logics!

Originally Posted by lex08gsr
Nice numbers! I bet it feels great? Any clutch mods or its holding just fine?
No clutch upgrade... yet. I have only launched this car one time when it was on stock turbo, and the clutch STUNK for a good 10 minutes. I haven't tried to launch on the FP Red, yet... but don't think the outcome is going to be very good.

On another note, freeway pulls exhibit no slippage so far... so that's good at least!

- Louis
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks! Chris is a great tuner, I know you'll be happy with your visit to EFI Logics!

- Louis
So I've heard. He comes very highly recommended. Your numbers look great.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimateone
This is definitely keeping me from upgrading - I want 400+ right off the bat.
well, look the base number + gain number , not the end number. And calculate the % of the gain from the base and the gain. Leave the End number alone. That can be very much miss leading about your car potential.
Dyno's are tend to be read different numbers.
So on the lower reading dyno which read the stock evo to 208 whp , make gains 158 whp that is a much bigger gain then a dyno, which reads the stock car at 260+ whp.
And when you see on the paper the higher dyno will give you higher number so you think is faster But you can be preaty much very wrong.
So let say without the turbo on a higher reading dyno you will make 360 whp.
Mean time a lower reading dynoed car will have a same 360 whp.
This case the lower reading dyned car will be faster in the real life then a higher reading dyno 360 whp. And this case probably will be faster very obviously.

SO many times the higher reading dyno guys can show numbers proudly , but the lower reading guys will see the checker flag first , with the same end number.

I hope you understand what i'm saying.

Rob
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by MattsT67
So my tune on TTP's dyno (mustang) I made 355whp with my IX, with a turbo back, MBC,and tune?

Meaning I made 400whp on a dynojet?
Dont go to the dyno jet vs mustang yet. Look just mustang vs mustang dyno first.
Dynos most of the times read different.
well on the TTP dyno without turbo the stock X with tune on 26 psi pump makes close power then some turbo upgraded X's on a same dyno type./Mustang/.
here if i read it right the guy in the summer in florida made 344 whp and 336 wtq.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...gsr-75whp.html

vs this mustang dyno 363 whp and 309 wtq.

By numbers they should be close call in racing . In the reality the turboed should win it since the gain in the turboed car shows bigger numbers. 158 whp vs the TTP 75 whp. And this is not even % , just a numbers.

So look the as i said before the base and the gain numbers. not the end ones.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Robevo RS: You are correct. I have gained 76% awhp (158awhp) from when I was stock.

- Louis
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

yet another reason to save for the FP Red! yep these are very nice numbers louis.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats Louis! Very impressive numbers indeed!

My friend is torn between getting a fp red or doing cams. Its still up in the air seeing as the gains between both separate, are phenominal gains!

As for a dyno, I prefer a dyno dynamics. But I don't use the dyno for these irrelevant numbers, as every dyno reads different and a dyno is merely a tuning tool, not give you an exact number of what your car is making. I use a dyno dynamics because it has a great load bearing dyno that can replicate a real load on your car like the street, giving you a better chance of tuning your car safely and more precise for the track or street. Numbers is nothing but that, a meaningless bragging right and just a number, (not trying to poke at you or dog you Louis), but the real bragging right is in the trap speed and et!

Congrats on the new found power and big props to EFI on a great, safe, reliable tune for a fellow car enthusiast!

Dan
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:20 PM

The red sure makes power.

Quick Reply: EFI Logics tuned EVO X FP Red w/ AMS boltons - 25psi pump gas