Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

EFI Logics tuned EVO X FP Red w/ AMS boltons - 25psi pump gas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Congrats Louis! Very impressive numbers indeed!

My friend is torn between getting a fp red or doing cams. Its still up in the air seeing as the gains between both separate, are phenominal gains!

As for a dyno, I prefer a dyno dynamics. But I don't use the dyno for these irrelevant numbers, as every dyno reads different and a dyno is merely a tuning tool, not give you an exact number of what your car is making. I use a dyno dynamics because it has a great load bearing dyno that can replicate a real load on your car like the street, giving you a better chance of tuning your car safely and more precise for the track or street. Numbers is nothing but that, a meaningless bragging right and just a number, (not trying to poke at you or dog you Louis), but the real bragging right is in the trap speed and et!

Congrats on the new found power and big props to EFI on a great, safe, reliable tune for a fellow car enthusiast!

Dan
As I found out recently, unless you are willing to set your rev limiter to 8500 and risk valve float, mesuring trap speeds is tricky at best since you need to shift to 5th just as you reach the finish line. 4th gear is just too short on these cars and while it might be just enough for a stock turbo to rev out at the traps, an upgraded turbo puts you right in that dead zone where you are coasting at 8000 rpm across the line.

Should be interesting to see the different numbers and gains on the dynos.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Dan im torn between cams or fp red. I put down 309hp on a dyno dynamics with just full tbe exhaust and a cone filter no other mods @ 23psi. I should make 400 with a fp red and remaining bolt ons! The fp is only 1400 and no one will know you upgraded the turbo but the cams do sound sick! Excellent numbers and good luck with your setup!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
Yes Dan im torn between cams or fp red. I put down 309hp on a dyno dynamics with just full tbe exhaust and a cone filter no other mods @ 23psi. I should make 400 with a fp red and remaining bolt ons! The fp is only 1400 and no one will know you upgraded the turbo but the cams do sound sick! Excellent numbers and good luck with your setup!
We average 400whp on our dyno(1.0 correction) with 93 octane/25ish psi with an FP Red and supporting mods:

Full TBE
IC
IC Piping
Intake
800cc Injectors
FP Red
Cams

and you can't forget about the DG Tune....

P.S: The cams can be tuned to idle like stock...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
As I found out recently, unless you are willing to set your rev limiter to 8500 and risk valve float, mesuring trap speeds is tricky at best since you need to shift to 5th just as you reach the finish line. 4th gear is just too short on these cars and while it might be just enough for a stock turbo to rev out at the traps, an upgraded turbo puts you right in that dead zone where you are coasting at 8000 rpm across the line.

Should be interesting to see the different numbers and gains on the dynos.
Not necessarily. For example, if you have a good set of valve springs (I had gsc beehives with stock retainers and cosworth m2's) and a evo 8 4th gear, you should have zero problems. Just ask the buschur guys or anyone trapping low 130mph. They never touch 5th gear, nor have issues with valve float. Not to mention, on my setup with a stock turbo, I revved my car consistantly to 8700rpm with just those gsc beehives and stock retainers, valves, and guides, just had cams.

Jimmy, as we talked about it before, I would do the cams first, and you are in great hands with DG with anything you need done.

To the OP, I LOL'd out loud when you made the comment about making ridiculous numbers on some vendors dyno!

Dan
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Not necessarily. For example, if you have a good set of valve springs (I had gsc beehives with stock retainers and cosworth m2's) and a evo 8 4th gear, you should have zero problems. Just ask the buschur guys or anyone trapping low 130mph. They never touch 5th gear, nor have issues with valve float. Not to mention, on my setup with a stock turbo, I revved my car consistantly to 8700rpm with just those gsc beehives and stock retainers, valves, and guides, just had cams.

Jimmy, as we talked about it before, I would do the cams first, and you are in great hands with DG with anything you need done.

To the OP, I LOL'd out loud when you made the comment about making ridiculous numbers on some vendors dyno!

Dan
I could have misread but I thought Buschur was turning 8500 without the valve springs, which is why I'm limiting myself to 8000 rpm until I get them to stay on the safe side.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
To the OP, intake temps consistently above 100* F will make the Evo pull timing no matter what you put in the timing map. There is a temp vs. timing table that makes the Evo pull timing whenever the intake temps are always above 100* F. So it is a very good idea to invest in a good quality aftermarket IC to keep intake temps at bay.

To others, this debate over dynos is so lame. This dyno reads low vs. that dyno reads high is a bunch of BS. IMO, only ricers make that argument. If you are really prefromance oriented, you will use the same dyno for ALL your testing and look at the gains regardless of peak numbers. That is exactly what the OP did. He reported the gains and still some posted how they got 370 hp on a dynojet with a stock turbo. BFD. Different dyno, different results, different Evo, different mods. It means absolutely nothing. I hate these lame *** arguments. They spoil good threads like this one.

If I was king of the world, I will make dynos that will only report GAINS and not maximum numbers. I do not give a rat's *** if a car makes 500 hp on a dyno w/o knowing the baseline that the car started with.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:45 PM

To the OP, very nice progress...It's cool to see how you dyno and after adding a group of mods, dyno again. Really helps to see what different parts net you
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoNiner1986
To the OP, very nice progress...It's cool to see how you dyno and after adding a group of mods, dyno again. Really helps to see what different parts net you
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I really wanted to know just how much each part was helping me, if at all, as I installed them in "stages". On EVO X's, the biggest gain right off the bat is a new flash as the stock tune was God awful. My car missed, sputtered, and even detonated, bone stock.

158awhp later, the car is a whole new animal. I haven't been beat, yet! (On closed course environments of course).

- Louis
Old Jul 17, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

So you car ran 40whp less then mine did stock and i was on a dynojet. So that put you at 400whp on my dyno. This makes me very happy because i was 400whp on 23psi with my red, in p&p'd, externally gated, mbc, + water/meth, and a ams fmic. So i deffinatly see 400whp on 23-24psi happening for me.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Lou,

Seth and Tony say hi Glad you are enjoying the X!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Question

Originally Posted by DG Motors
We average 400whp on our dyno(1.0 correction) with 93 octane/25ish psi with an FP Red and supporting mods:

Full TBE
IC
IC Piping
Intake
800cc Injectors
FP Red
Cams

and you can't forget about the DG Tune....

P.S: The cams can be tuned to idle like stock...
That's it? Why are the blouch turbos with cams making around 440?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Excalibur
That's it? Why are the blouch turbos with cams making around 440?
They don't have a high reading dyno....and the blouch didn't hit 440 whp on there dyno. They did a blouch with a similair set-up as the red and made very similair numbers...I think a couple HP less.

On other dynos though these would be over 440whp though.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to report in that I got beat last night, and it was a solid loss, too. Like 3-4 cars and losing ground over 100.

EVO IX, FP Green, 26psi, cams, FMIC, twin disc and supporting mods. He ran 11.8/11.9 at 119mph.

Back to the drawring board!

- Louis
Old Aug 5, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
Just wanted to report in that I got beat last night, and it was a solid loss, too. Like 3-4 cars and losing ground over 100.

EVO IX, FP Green, 26psi, cams, FMIC, twin disc and supporting mods. He ran 11.8/11.9 at 119mph.

- Louis
Based on your power output, I'd guess you would trap around 115mph. So he's definitely pulling on the top end.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP

- Louis
Who's car?? Maybe it was a Red on 26psi you raced.. a green @ 26psi would be around 400-420whp on a dynojet.. The 119 mph trap will also indicate that its making around that power. 400-420whp on a dynojet would only be around 340 on a uncorrected mustang. Your are making 365whp which would be around 440-450whp on a dynojet.. Factor in weight and you should have at least been even.. not loosing by 3.
Sounds like someone tried to hustle you!

Quick Reply: EFI Logics tuned EVO X FP Red w/ AMS boltons - 25psi pump gas