Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

EFI Logics tuned EVO X FP Red w/ AMS boltons - 25psi pump gas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
They don't have a high reading dyno....and the blouch didn't hit 440 whp on there dyno. They did a blouch with a similair set-up as the red and made very similair numbers...I think a couple HP less.

On other dynos though these would be over 440whp though.
Well I don't think it would be that much. I think you may be right about it being a low-reading turbo, but buschur's is low and with cams the blouch made 408 or something, so you can figure the red should be close to that, but just a little under w/o cams and maybe 20 over the blouch with cams. That's my opinion though from what I've been reading.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JuniorAWD
Who's car?? Maybe it was a Red on 26psi you raced.. a green @ 26psi would be around 400-420whp on a dynojet.. The 119 mph trap will also indicate that its making around that power. 400-420whp on a dynojet would only be around 340 on a uncorrected mustang. Your are making 365whp which would be around 440-450whp on a dynojet.. Factor in weight and you should have at least been even.. not loosing by 3.
Sounds like someone tried to hustle you!
Junior, it was a car that you tuned I believe if you're the "Junior" that works at "The Shop".

It's a silver EVO 9, wingless. Nice kid who owns it. Said it was FP Green, supporting mods, 26psi pump, no meth, twin-disc, etc. etc. The car is on stock painted black wheels. Does that ring a bell?

A red EVO 8/9 came up beside me too, we went from a roll and were door to door. I'd like to know if he was the one with the Red, possibly...

- Louis
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
Junior, it was a car that you tuned I believe if you're the "Junior" that works at "The Shop".

It's a silver EVO 9, wingless. Nice kid who owns it. Said it was FP Green, supporting mods, 26psi pump, no meth, twin-disc, etc. etc. The car is on stock painted black wheels. Does that ring a bell?

A red EVO 8/9 came up beside me too, we went from a roll and were door to door. I'd like to know if he was the one with the Red, possibly...

- Louis
Yep that's me..

The car you raced is an Evo 8, looks like a 9 though because of the bumpers.
His car does in fact does have a green @ 26ps. He makes around 390-400whp when I tuned it last. It traps around 117-118 as well.
370 on a Dynojet trapped 114 on a stock turbo EVO X... 330 (1.2 correction )on the DynoDynamic in the 2400ft DA conditions on Sunday trapped 110.
Your car should make 410-430whp on a dynojet or DynoDynamic on 1.2 correction.
430 should put you in the high teens/120 for MPH.. I think Buschur made 40X on his Mustang Dyno and trapped 122.. You should be close to 120 with your car.. and you should have at least sat side by side with that EVO 8 if not nosed him out.

Junior

Last edited by JuniorAWD; Aug 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:46 AM

Junior,

So based on your dyno comparison, which is pretty incredible that you know all these correction factors, a heavier car that made 360whp on our dyno should beat a lighter car that made 400whp on your "calibrated" dyno? I need to call Mustang Dyno and send them your analysis, they need to make changes to our software immediately based on that information..

Thanks!

Chris
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EFI Logics
Junior,

So based on your dyno comparison, which is pretty incredible that you know all these correction factors, a heavier car that made 360whp on our dyno should beat a lighter car that made 400whp on your "calibrated" dyno? I need to call Mustang Dyno and send them your analysis, they need to make changes to our software immediately based on that information..

Thanks!

Chris
I sense sarcasm. . .. ..

360 on your dyno would equal around 430whp on my "calibrated dyno" .. In fact you posted on another forum (CTSUBIE) how High the DynoDynamics reads compared to your Mustang. STI Mikey made 301 on your dyno and them made 35X on the DynoDynamic. That is roughly 18% or 1.18 correction... This car should in theory make 430 on the dynodynamic with said correction.. 430whp should trap close to 120mph. Here is a close example, It makes 420whp on the dynodynamic and weighs just under 4k with driver..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ZVLKyf_Co

With that said, either his correction for the 360whp on your Mustang was not 0 or something is wrong.

So that would be 430 whp vs 390-400whp.. Factor in the weight and there is still no way the 390-400whp car will pull away from it as mentioned.

I'm not here to pick a fight or anything either... I was answering a question asked in this thread.

Junior
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Junior knows his stuff, especially about traps and HP from seeing him at Nasioc for years.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:37 PM

Junior,

You are mistaken, I never posted that a dyno dynamics reads high, now, I did say that when I tuned at "The Shop", I was blown away at how high that dyno read, that was a few years back so we will just leave that at that. Did I say that your dyno reads high, probably, but that was not a general statement for Dyno Dynamics. I know how low a DD reads when it's not messed with, I tune on one in Jersey at a shop that doesn't touch the correction, and it's very low.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you, but I am going to say the numbers that comes from that dyno are inconsistent at best.. If you want to compare numbers on this dyno, feel free to tune a few cars up here, that option is open to you.

Finally, trap speeds are product of horsepower and torque, but also include variables like vehicle weight (The EvoX is heavy, and we know that). A good example is the new Camaro we are working on, 426hp, dyno's 380 on our dyno, yet traps 108.. According to your calculations, if you do not factor weight in, the car should be trapping 115+?

Also, we had a 2003 Cobra, made 590whp on our dyno, trapped 141 and went 10.03. Again, your logic does not apply.

Pictures:

I could go on and on about this Junior, there are many factors that affect overall speed and performance, not just dyno numbers...

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by EFI Logics; Aug 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

As the customer here, I don't necessarily care about numbers either. All I care about is trap speed like I've said from the start. I'd like to obtain 120.00 mph out of this car on pump, without cams. Right now, based on the fact that I was pulled on by a 117/118 car, I'm probably around more of a 114/115 trap, which guys have obtained on the stock turbo. It's nobodys fault... my car is a work in progress, and it'll get there sooner or later. The heat and humidity aren't speeding up the process... but I'll be at the track in September to see how it all shakes out.

- Lou
Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EFI Logics
Junior,

You are mistaken, I never posted that a dyno dynamics reads high, now, I did say that when I tuned at "The Shop", I was blown away at how high that dyno read, that was a few years back so we will just leave that at that. Did I say that your dyno reads high, probably, but that was not a general statement for Dyno Dynamics. I know how low a DD reads when it's not messed with, I tune on one in Jersey at a shop that doesn't touch the correction, and it's very low.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you, but I am going to say the numbers that comes from that dyno are inconsistent at best.. If you want to compare numbers on this dyno, feel free to tune a few cars up here, that option is open to you.

Also, we had a 2003 Cobra, made 590whp on our dyno, trapped 141 and went 10.03. Again, your logic does not apply.

I could go on and on about this Junior, there are many factors that affect overall speed and performance, not just dyno numbers...

Thanks,

Chris
All I am saying in a nice way is that someone either messed with the correction factor on the 360whp run or something is wrong with the car... Plain and simple.
590 @ 1.0CF will def trap 140mph, I know 700whp on my Dyno with 1.20CF will.
That brings me back to the point I am making.. Either the correction for his 360whp was altered or something is wrong.

My dyno numbers can be inconsistent, that's your opinion.. but they always get backed up on the street/track/strip, those numbers tend to be consistent.

You are right about the numbers.. They don't mean much. You can say my dyno reads high and yours reads low.. Doesn't matter much to me. As long as my guys are happy and winning races... that's what counts.
I wont post in this thread again.
Thanks
Junior