Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

GT3076r with 380+ whp at STM's Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's awesome Chris...I've been following your progress as well. Glad to see that you're getting decent numbers out of that turbo!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Emery overlayed a GT35R that dynoed 427 whp at a conservative 24 psi on 93 octane and they had almost identical peak torque as mine about 500 RPM's later (5000 vs 4500). Of course the graph climbed steeper to reach higher numbers but with Cosworth cams I bet I would give him a run for his money and have a wider power band with my torque peak hitting as early as 4000 rpm
i am the evo you posted about, im up for a fun run at the track. if the weather is good for friday hit me up cause i plan to be there and see what she can do. id be willing to line up once or twice.

P.S. cossie cams are awesome i have a set!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on your setup, been good reading all your progress.....
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

great numbers thou!! she looks great
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
i am the evo you posted about, im up for a fun run at the track. if the weather is good for friday hit me up cause i plan to be there and see what she can do. id be willing to line up once or twice.

P.S. cossie cams are awesome i have a set!

great numbers thou!! she looks great
Thanks man, I bet you have a weight advantage on me and longer gears through the traps though! I think the biggest restriction to getting the full performance potential out of 1/4 mile times is running out of 4th gear at 116 mph with an 8k limiter. If the weather holds for Friday I may still take the trip down there though, would still be fun.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

i dont think i got a weight advantage im kinda a fat ***, lol but ya i might have a advantage in the gearing, i guess we shall see...fingers crossed for some good weather
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostd4
That's awesome Chris...I've been following your progress as well. Glad to see that you're getting decent numbers out of that turbo!
Thanks, hopefully you will get to the bottom of your strange power loss ever since you tried to upgrade turbos.

I've been trying to let the car rest a bit after a couple weeks of WOT runs on freeway on ramps. I'll be dropping in a Mishimoto radiator this weekend to help with cooling on the road courses "just in case" and also AMS clutch line, master cylinder reinforcement ring, and in car shifter bushings. Once all that is installed I'll try and visit the local dragstrip to get some numbers so I have some seat time before drag racing at the Buschur Shootout.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
I've been trying to let the car rest a bit after a couple weeks of WOT runs on freeway on ramps. I'll be dropping in a Mishimoto radiator this weekend to help with cooling on the road courses "just in case"
The radiator is definitely a good idea! Don't forget, you're making nearly twice the HP, which also means nearly twice the heat that needs to be rejected. I somehow doubt the stock radiator is designed to handle double the heat load.

I would also consider adding some fuel to bring the A/F down to ~11.0 to keep the EGTs in check and have things nice and cool/reliable.

This just crossed my mind, but you're making more power than a GTR with an engine about half the size
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

In the spring with the stock turbo at ~380 crank HP I was fine out at Watkins Glen road course and the only change to cooling was a bottle of Redline Water Wetter and 40% coolant/60% water mix in the stock radiator. After reading that Buschur overheated his Dom 2 Evo X on the road course I decided it was a good idea to upgrade the capacity a bit.

I'll likely have my dual boost controller set for 26 and 25 psi peak with 1 degree reducing timing from 4500 onwards. My current AFR's of mid 11.5's should be fine and the TurboXS Knocklite would alert me if any 4+ knock counts suddenly appear as the car heats up. Worst case I can pull back into the pits and load up a richer fuel map pretty quickly, got to love having all the tools available now!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hands down best self tuned car to come across our rollers to date.

Great numbers, congrats!!!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the compliment Cory! It did take quite a bit of learning to get it there but the time investment was well worth it in the end. Having a good basic understanding of the concepts before learning EvoScan & EcuFlash gave me a head start, and the great resources at EvoM and helpfull advice from Emery made it all come together.

Two weeks away from the Buschur Shootout, make sure your car is ready to go!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Chris, you definitely got my respect with all your patience, determination, and knowledge as an individual not at a shop doing this as a living. Good luck at the Buschur shoot-out.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by slo4g63
Chris, you definitely got my respect with all your patience, determination, and knowledge as an individual not at a shop doing this as a living. Good luck at the Buschur shoot-out.
You know this guy has patience, have you seen the wrap job on the manifold! Again, Great Job!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
You know this guy has patience, have you seen the wrap job on the manifold! Again, Great Job!
Thanks guys, I suppose you have to have some patience with these cars when things go bad with them. I still think they are rock solid cars if you modify them with a balanced approach. The radiator is swapped and now the coolant seems to hang at the first dip on the temp gauge again similar to pre turbo and headers which is around 175-180 F according to the logs. The stock Radiator was 1" thick and this Mishimoto one is 1.5" thick, so far a nice insurance upgrade.

Wednesday looks like a prime day for drag racing weather for the area so I'll try and get out that night with the clutch line & reinforcement ring in place. I might test to see what boost levels 100 octane unleaded will support, hopefully at least 30 psi, which would likely increase power another 30 whp pretty easily. For heads up racing like at the shootout it would give me a nice edge even though it would feel like cheating.

Last edited by Hiboost; Aug 2, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, congrats on the self tune and power. It is a great feeling of accomplishment. You should come to the etown showdown. I'm going to be there :-). Also what did you make on the VDR?

Quick Reply: GT3076r with 380+ whp at STM's Mustang Dyno