Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Bone stock X w/Dynojet CMD 327hp/345tq

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not bad for a 10 minute install, $400 unit huh?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynojet_Research
Not bad for a 10 minute install, $400 unit huh?
Sounds inexpensive for something that plugs in using OEM connectors and (presumably) could be easily removed. If it doesn't flash the ECU then it should be suitable for people concerned about their warranty.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Do you have the uncorrected dyno chart? I'm assuming you're around Vegas which has an elevation of ~2000ft. From my research, the correction factor built into the dynos is for NA engines, which does not work for FI cars. Basically, it over inflates the number for FI cars, which explains the ~270whp stock reading.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Do you have the uncorrected dyno chart? I'm assuming you're around Vegas which has an elevation of ~2000ft. From my research, the correction factor built into the dynos is for NA engines, which does not work for FI cars. Basically, it over inflates the number for FI cars, which explains the ~270whp stock reading.
Sure. We do see about a 7-9% correction factor here in Vegas most of the time. Here's the uncorrected graph:

Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Keith
The title says "w/Dynojet CMD" which is the tuning tool. The CMD is a piggy back boost/fuel tuner.

A few psi and adjust the fuel curve. Thanks!
Thanks for the explaination I always assumed "Bone" stock meant how it came off the showroom floor, but I didn't know what the CMD thing was either. Title is a little misleading I guess for those who don't know what CMD is - most people would probably write "bone stock with only a tune". Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Gotcha. The CMD product release with special pricing for Evo M members was posted in the vendor for sale area. It's over here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ner-evo-x.html
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Cool, sounds like a nice piece, I'll check it out more.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:33 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this new product more similar to the Z-Chip or the AccessPort? Seems more like the Z-Chip. Just curious
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like an Air/Fuel Controller with boost control capabilities.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by adambl03
Is this new product more similar to the Z-Chip or the AccessPort? Seems more like the Z-Chip. Just curious
Well, in "connection type", the AccessPort is a programmer - you connect it, program and remove. The Z-Chip is a piggyback device, where it gets connected and stays on the car. In that regard, the CMD is also a piggyback that stays on the car.

However, the changes in A/F ratio are made directly at the injector by pulsewidth, rather than by skewing what the ECU sees from the sensors. We read and can limit was the MAF and MAP send back to the ECU, which can keep the car from going into limp mode due to overboosting. We also have complete control over the wastegate solenoid and can modify it's duty cycle to control the boost to whatever level we want within the limits of the turbo.

The CMD does give you the ability to monitor and log it's sensors though, as well as do tuning yourself. Down the road, we will also be able to couple it with our WideBand 2 device and give it closed loop control of A/F based on our own O2 sensor. No other piggy back currently gives this capability, and you can't do it with a flash.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

^What about MIVEC or timing?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Timing we plan to add down the road with the addition of our Ignition 2 module currently in developement. It will connect to one of the CAN ports on the CMD and interface through that.

As the CMD was designed to fit multiple vehicles with different configurations in the firmware, MIVEC, rev limits and other vehicle specific parameters will not be able to be modified. Air/fuel ratio, boost and MAP/MAF clamping is what the unit offers for the EvoX.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Gains appear normal. Nice work.
Agreed. Those numbers seem on par with what other good tuners are making. I had my Evo X MR (Daily Driver) tuned by Sean at Iveytune on his DynoJet will ONLY an HKS Drop-In and a Cobb AccessPORT, He was able to conservatively make 309AWHP/292AWTQ and I think that was at 24psi.

Last edited by 08MR; Sep 26, 2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynojet_Research
Timing we plan to add down the road with the addition of our Ignition 2 module currently in developement. It will connect to one of the CAN ports on the CMD and interface through that.

As the CMD was designed to fit multiple vehicles with different configurations in the firmware, MIVEC, rev limits and other vehicle specific parameters will not be able to be modified. Air/fuel ratio, boost and MAP/MAF clamping is what the unit offers for the EvoX.
How viable of an option is this device if the end user does not have the ability to vary the timing, lift and duration of the valves? The addition of MIVEC on both the intake and exhaust camshafts is immense. I'm not suggesting that I know anything because I don't tune vehicles for a living however, from what I have gathered MIVEC tuning is responsible in large part to increasing torque and power throughout the rev range.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

The dyno graphs shown are on a bone stock - not otherwise tuned X. This is without MIVEC changes. These graphs represent what the CMD has the capability to do. Given the price point, we feel it's a very good bang-for-the-buck.

In the near future, we will be adding an intake and exhaust to our X, and plan to show those dyno graphs as well.

Quick Reply: Bone stock X w/Dynojet CMD 327hp/345tq