Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Bone stock X w/Dynojet CMD 327hp/345tq

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
I think this will be a great product for a lot of other less tuner friendly cars, and those running DI. So the new BMW turbos (gas and diesel), all the turbo diesels (cars/trucks) actuallly, Ford Ecoboost, turbo Mazdas, etc.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynojet_Research
The dyno graphs shown are on a bone stock - not otherwise tuned X. This is without MIVEC changes. These graphs represent what the CMD has the capability to do. Given the price point, we feel it's a very good bang-for-the-buck.

In the near future, we will be adding an intake and exhaust to our X, and plan to show those dyno graphs as well.
Thanks for the quick reponse. I understand your explanation however you didn't answer my question.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 04:52 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
Thanks for the quick reponse. I understand your explanation however you didn't answer my question.
The power is high because the stock timing values are high, and the vendor said their current build of the device doesn't have the ability to reduce timing yet in an earlier response. This is also the reason for the power sustaining so muchl up top.

Mivec would give a ton of extra torque in the middle, but if I am reading into your post right and you are worried about knocksum up top as well, Evoscan can still log the car and put potential buyers minds to rest. Most flash based cars taper a bit more power up top, because the increase over stock boost means a reduction in high RPM timing.

I think you know the answer to your own question, Mr. Kent.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

very nice
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I believe I did answer your question. If I read it right, you asked if it were required to make MIVEC changes to get the gains shown by the dynographs. Our response was that no, the gains shown were without MIVEC changes, as the CMD does not have the ability to adjust MIVEC.

If you meant something else, please reiterate your question.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

So is this something that you just plug in and done, or do you need to still dial it in to be safe?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

There are basic maps available on our website for the Evo X. These are understandably conservative. Plug-and-play gains are still good and provide a seat-of-the-pants increase, but to really tune it in and extract all the power available from any one car, custom tuning is advised.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Product update - The CMD can now display and log wideband readings in it's Master Control Center software when used in conjunction with our WB2 wideband device. The next addition to the software/firmware will be the ability to AutoTune - or have closed loop control on the WB2 wideband data.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Timing we plan to add down the road with the addition of our Ignition 2 module currently in developement. It will connect to one of the CAN ports on the CMD and interface through that.

As the CMD was designed to fit multiple vehicles with different configurations in the firmware, MIVEC, rev limits and other vehicle specific parameters will not be able to be modified. Air/fuel ratio, boost and MAP/MAF clamping is what the unit offers for the EvoX.
So you are able to lean out the AFR, add boost, but CANNOT lower the timing. On 91 octane gas I can GUARANTEE you that the car will knock. There is no way that you can run 11:1 AFR, add boost and run the same stock timing that the Evo X has.

Are you logging knock to see if the car is pulling timing up top? If not, then I would suggest that you do and see the impact of the lean AFR and higher boost on the timing curve.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
No other piggy back currently gives this capability, and you can't do it with a flash.
Actually, you can midify closed loop AFR with a flash. A lot of us run closed loop AFR at 15.2-15.4:1. Ofcousre, we remove the cat and run an AFR wideband for safety. We have been doing it for a long long time. All you have to do is modify the open loop/closed loop tables.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nj1266
So you are able to lean out the AFR, add boost, but CANNOT lower the timing. On 91 octane gas I can GUARANTEE you that the car will knock. There is no way that you can run 11:1 AFR, add boost and run the same stock timing that the Evo X has.

Are you logging knock to see if the car is pulling timing up top? If not, then I would suggest that you do and see the impact of the lean AFR and higher boost on the timing curve.
You can GUARANTEE knock huh? Yes, we log knock and total timing on the dyno through the OBDII port. Our car exhibits no knock on 91 with 26+psi boost and 11.1-11.5:1 AFR.

Gexxer - are you noticing any knock on your car?

Originally Posted by nj1266
Actually, you can midify closed loop AFR with a flash. A lot of us run closed loop AFR at 15.2-15.4:1. Ofcousre, we remove the cat and run an AFR wideband for safety. We have been doing it for a long long time. All you have to do is modify the open loop/closed loop tables.
Sure, I understand and have seen/used the software as well. For those people who want a PLUG-N-PLAY option, that can be installed and/or removed in about 10 minutes, and are looking for some WOT gains (ie, simple bolt-ons), this product works well. Not everyone knows how to flash their ECU, or wants to - which is where something like this comes into play. Not every Evo owner is a computer guy and wants to get in there.

In the coming months, we will also be offering the AutoTune feature for the CMD's, where we will be able to close-loop based on our WideBand 2 and a target A/F table in the CMD itself.