Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP GREEN EVO X MR...yes I said FP green...:)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by kozmic27
Did your tuner intentionally keep the torque down because of the SST?
Yes we did. No sense in deliberately trying to find the edge of slippage without having the tools to combat it. As soon as we get a trans temp gauge and a cooler on it we'll push it a little further. The boost and timing are both still low on this particular setup so we have plenty of room to go before its tapped out.

thanks Stoked

Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Fst4U
So I got my FP Green installed this week along with new injectors, boost controller and DP. As you can see on the chart we got 381awhp(+50hp...ish). I attached my old numbers from prior(minus FP Green, inj, DP, AEM electronic boost controller) There is a comprison on the new chart to one of my old runs, but was not the best run I made back in July.This is still running the STOCK intercooler and ECU on pump gas. The turbo has the 18psi WG and is NOT ported. You may also want to take into account the difference in the weather conditions between the two.

So you may ask how or why do you have a FP Green. Well this is one of the first ones(if not the first one) on an X(Robert at FP can confirm or deny that). Nonetheless, I had heard a rumor that this was going to be offered and asked really nicely if they would let me get one and be a sort of beta or test car. Being that I have the MR I was a bit concerned about the transmission and my car is a DD so I didn't think the red would be quite as user friendly for me nor do I want to run 700hp...at least not yet.

I have not driven it much, but from just the drive home I can tell you...WOW! What a huge difference over the stocker. I have to admit after my first set of mods and tune I was quite underwhelmed with how the car drove. Although I had gained 90+whp it didn't seem to be as "peppy" as when it was all stock, for whatever reason. After having added the green it made a huge difference at least by the butt dyno. The car gets going quick and smooth and for whatever reason it seems to shift better as well.

This tune is pretty conservative from talking with Lucas because we were not sure what it was going to do or how it was going to respond. I believe there is more in the car if we were just trying to push higher numbers. Because I don't have my FMIC installed yet and have not added/modifed the transmission cooler yet he felt it best to not push too hard. In addition, the weather is much cooler and didn't want to potentially run into problems when driving in warmer weather. Hopefully Lucas can chime in and give better or more specific technical feedback for anyone interested because I will not be much help with that.

So this could be another option to consider for your DD or MR if you are not looking to put down ridiculous numbers just to get back and forth to the grocery store. If I missed anything ask away and I will do my best to answer.
I'm looking to go a similar route with my Evo X MR (Daily Driver).
  • FP Green
  • Fuel Pump
  • 800cc Deatschwerks Drop-In Injectors
I would like to make 350-360WHP and was wondering:
- Did you upgrade your fuel pump, If so which one?
- How much boost are your currently running with this tune?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Stock pump, 24.5-25psi
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Stock pump, 24.5-25psi
Very Nice! In your opinion would I be asking too much of the stock injectors and the stock fuel pump trying make 40WHP by just installing an FP Green if my target is around 350WHP? The reason I ask it with my current setup I can uninstall the Cobb AP and go to the dealer without issue and if I install the FP Green alone I will still be able to do that since from what I understand FP uses a stock Mitsubishi Turbo.

Last edited by 08MR; Oct 25, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We just finish designing a tranny/oil cooler core for this vehicle. It won't be long tell we have a unit released and ready to roll!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We just finish designing a tranny/oil cooler core for this vehicle. It won't be long tell we have a unit released and ready to roll!
Congrats on the Evo X ETS Built Motor - World Record - 718whp (ETS 3586 Turbo Kit) I saw the video (10.8 @ 133) and it sounded like tip off at an NBA game when that thing took off.......... Poor tires
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
ETS,
If you made 422WHP on the stock Evo X fuel system, Do you think I would be able to safely make 340-360WHP on the stock Evo X fuel system by installing only an FP Green?
"The car made amazing power on the stock fuel system! We made 422whp at 19psi (Lower Then Stock!?)"
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

We have done 375 on the stock fuel system. Todd's car got FIC900s since we need a big high impedance injector in there sooner or later and because our goals were far higher than the 422 we knew we might as well get them out of the way now.

If you wanted to do a Green and only make 360 you should be fine.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers man
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes I keeping the timing down some to save the trans over time.

Also remember the Dyno Jet TQ are real and its real Easy for a Mustang operator to have the RPMs off by just a few 100rpm which will change TQ # ton.

Also the way the MR stays in its peak hp all the time you dont really get a feel for hp gains over the Curve like you would in a manual trans ware you will roll on it from low RPM sometimes. Since the Green gave us the big gains above 6k you can really feel it. Since the MR keep you at peak HP almost all the time.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Lucas English

Also remember the Dyno Jet TQ are real and its real Easy for a Mustang operator to have the RPMs off by just a few 100rpm which will change TQ # ton.
Indeed. We had a GTR on the dyno the other day that synch'd at 4k. We usually synch at 3k and I synch'd at 3k out of habit on Saturday with it still set at 4k.

The car (evo 9 turbo) didn't spool till 4500 rpm and peak torque #'s where 190 @ 5000 rpm. I resynch'd at 3k and "magic" torque jumped 60wtq (with basemap) at 3750rpm.

Really easy to do evil with the mustangs.

- Bryan
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
We have done 375 on the stock fuel system. Todd's car got FIC900s since we need a big high impedance injector in there sooner or later and because our goals were far higher than the 422 we knew we might as well get them out of the way now.

If you wanted to do a Green and only make 360 you should be fine.
Thanks for the information, It's a daily driver so 340-360WHP is plenty.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 07:37 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys got some cajones to put that turbo on the MR

Good luck to you. Will be interesting to see how the TC-SST holds up. Could be a nice case study for the community
Old Oct 27, 2009, 07:46 PM
Former Sponsor

green looks promissing on the evo X
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by adambl03
You guys got some cajones to put that turbo on the MR

Good luck to you. Will be interesting to see how the TC-SST holds up. Could be a nice case study for the community
I was thinking of going with the FP Green on my Evo X MR as well. 381WHP/311WTQ with the FP Green seems like a reasonable setup for an Evo X MR daily driver. Especially when Chris@Cobb made 362HP and 407TQ on the stock turbo on his daily driver Evo X MR with the following:

MOD List:

COBB AccessPort
COBB Catted turbo-back exhaust
COBB Hardpipe kit
COBB Silicone inlet
COBB Tubular swaybars
COBB Lowering springs
K&N Panel filter
HOA 3-Port solenoid
Walbro fuel pump
DW 1000cc/min injectors
Lots of E85

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turbo-e85.html

Quick Reply: FP GREEN EVO X MR...yes I said FP green...:)