Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP GREEN EVO X MR...yes I said FP green...:)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:42 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 08MR
I was thinking of going with the FP Green on my Evo X MR as well. 381WHP/311WTQ with the FP Green seems like a reasonable setup for an Evo X MR daily driver. Especially when Chris@Cobb made 362HP and 407TQ on the stock turbo on his daily driver Evo X MR with the following:

MOD List:

COBB AccessPort
COBB Catted turbo-back exhaust
COBB Hardpipe kit
COBB Silicone inlet
COBB Tubular swaybars
COBB Lowering springs
K&N Panel filter
HOA 3-Port solenoid
Walbro fuel pump
DW 1000cc/min injectors
Lots of E85

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turbo-e85.html
Chris has admitted he hasn't really pushed the car that hard yet. But still good to know none the less.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Chris has admitted he hasn't really pushed the car that hard yet. But still good to know none the less.
Agreed, But I would think with 407TQ if there was any slippage or other adverse effects regarding the SST they would have seen something during tuning. This does make me feel better about trying to make 350WHP/310WTQ on my Evo X MR Daily Driver.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sick numbers, Me likes
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:16 PM

Very impressive!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

It is nice to see a MR putting some high numbers down finally.You made a good choice going with ETS parts and a tune by Lucas.These are two very great companies that stand behind their work/products and have great customer service.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Have you had any compressor surge with the green?
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

No loss in spooling compared to stock! i like
Old Oct 31, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WiCkEd-FaSt
Have you had any compressor surge with the green?
I believe both the FP reds (reds for sure) and the green's have the new 3" compressor cover with anti surge ports built in. So surge shouldn't be an issue with the X FP turbo's now.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
This one had the surge ported cover, but I think both styles have been tested.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Where can you order a FP green from? are they available for purchase yet?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Where can you order a FP green from? are they available for purchase yet?
I am pretty sure they are, give FP a call and ask.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm debating if I really need to upgrade the fuel system to run this turbo, what is the maximum horsepower that stock injectors can support up to?

Last edited by LVSBB6; Nov 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

from what i have seen so far it doesn't seem necessary, especially for the type HP/TQ the MR can handle
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2Fst4U
So I got my FP Green installed this week along with new injectors, boost controller and DP. As you can see on the chart we got 381awhp(+50hp...ish). I attached my old numbers from prior(minus FP Green, inj, DP, AEM electronic boost controller) There is a comprison on the new chart to one of my old runs, but was not the best run I made back in July.This is still running the STOCK intercooler and ECU on pump gas. The turbo has the 18psi WG and is NOT ported. You may also want to take into account the difference in the weather conditions between the two.

So you may ask how or why do you have a FP Green. Well this is one of the first ones(if not the first one) on an X(Robert at FP can confirm or deny that). Nonetheless, I had heard a rumor that this was going to be offered and asked really nicely if they would let me get one and be a sort of beta or test car. Being that I have the MR I was a bit concerned about the transmission and my car is a DD so I didn't think the red would be quite as user friendly for me nor do I want to run 700hp...at least not yet.

I have not driven it much, but from just the drive home I can tell you...WOW! What a huge difference over the stocker. I have to admit after my first set of mods and tune I was quite underwhelmed with how the car drove. Although I had gained 90+whp it didn't seem to be as "peppy" as when it was all stock, for whatever reason. After having added the green it made a huge difference at least by the butt dyno. The car gets going quick and smooth and for whatever reason it seems to shift better as well.

This tune is pretty conservative from talking with Lucas because we were not sure what it was going to do or how it was going to respond. I believe there is more in the car if we were just trying to push higher numbers. Because I don't have my FMIC installed yet and have not added/modifed the transmission cooler yet he felt it best to not push too hard. In addition, the weather is much cooler and didn't want to potentially run into problems when driving in warmer weather. Hopefully Lucas can chime in and give better or more specific technical feedback for anyone interested because I will not be much help with that.

So this could be another option to consider for your DD or MR if you are not looking to put down ridiculous numbers just to get back and forth to the grocery store. If I missed anything ask away and I will do my best to answer.
Has there been a comparison of the Blouch Dom 2.5 and the FP Green from a Street/DD application perspective? It seems by looking at the 1st Dyno Sheet that most of the 50WHP happened @ 7,000 RPM which might not be that good for street use. I use my Evo X MR as a DD and am looking for a broader power increase vs top RPM gains.

Last edited by 08MR; Nov 2, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: FP GREEN EVO X MR...yes I said FP green...:)