Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Thanks to Akuma Motorsports! FP Red Evo X!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to Akuma Motorsports! FP Red Evo X!!

Whats up everyone? I recently had the chance to be able to put the FP red on my car. First I wanted to thanks Akuma Motorsports located in central Jersey. What I can say is this turbo is go big or go home. This turbo just loves boost, but for a stock block Evo X boosting anything over 25psi on pump was just not safe. Mind you I daily drive the car. We finally got her dialed in last night and I already got the mod bug to do the meth kit to run more boost lol. Even with the red I put down 340 awhp/290 awtq on their low reading mustang dyno , which I wasn't completely satisfied with the numbers. But I have a friend that had a red also make the same power and he ended up running a 11.9@116mph with a 1.9 60ft. . But if thats not enough proof of their low reading dyno, a bone stock GT-R put down only 380 awhp. As many people said before numbers aren't everything, boy were they right. I took the car out for a spin and this thing just pulled all the way to redline. Also the car is butter smooth from down low all the way to redline. I actually don't mind the turbo spooling a little later so my dump doesn't have to open at low rpms. My mods list and dyno graph is below so enjoy!

Mods:
Stock Block
Stock Clutch
Stock Cams
Cobb Accessport with Akuma Motorsports custom tune
Forced Performance Red
Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors
Xtremeboost wastegate dump downpipe
Agency Power Cat delete pipe
Agency Power Catback Exhaust
Agency Power intake
Agency Power BOV
Agency Power intercooler
HKS Intercooler piping kit

Last edited by Noize; Dec 18, 2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: non evom vendor contact number in post not allowed
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Looking good! I feel ya when it comes to the dyno, our local DD is the same way. The power level you're at is about as much as the stock clutch can handle (mine has slipped once) so that meth kit might cost more than you think.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Those are some nice numbers...I hate to be the party pooper here, but if a gt-r only put down 380 whp, then im the tooth fairy....CBRD's put down like 412 or 417 stock something like that...Theres no way that dyno reads 30+ lower than CBRD's
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A gtr in July made 381 on our dyno ours was dynoed in jan/feb when it was 14-18 degrees heehe

cb
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

For having the minimal mods to support the red, its not too bad. I wanted a bit more mid end power. If I get tubular equal length manifold, cams, and aquamist meth kit. I'll be purchasing those from Akuma Motorsports, and again for those of you have any needs for your evo give them a call!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

wow great time! Get the 60ft down and your set! Oh and turn the boost up
Old Dec 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be turning it up on meth stayed tuned haha
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2 Deep Motoring
I'll be turning it up on meth stayed tuned haha
Wait till u turn up the boost on this turbo it loves it.....this turbo was built for meth or race gas..30 to 33 psi and your gonna make some sick power and tq....
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Good stuff, I love the GT-R work that they do.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

I think you are wrong with the 25psi on stock block. It can take it. The FP red I heard starts its power above 25 psi. I bet if you put cams in and left turbo stock, with same mods you would get more power. You've got the turbo but don't use its power.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good. Can't wait till I upgrade mine.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by strocse
I think you are wrong with the 25psi on stock block. It can take it. The FP red I heard starts its power above 25 psi. I bet if you put cams in and left turbo stock, with same mods you would get more power. You've got the turbo but don't use its power.
The stock turbo falls on its face up top which was something I hated about the stock turbo. I agree with you, this turbo loves boost and I would be able to squeeze out more power if I upt the boost. But my thing is I only have the bare minimal mods to be able to support this turbo. One I have a equal length tubular manifold to help spool and power, cams, and meth I'll be seaking for more boost. But all in all I'm happy with the gains I've seen and the tuning/drivability is top notch.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by strocse
I think you are wrong with the 25psi on stock block. It can take it.
It isn't the block, it is the fuel. You can't run much more than 25psi using pump gas. I ran that on 93oct and went to 29psi on E85.

I bet if you put cams in and left turbo stock, with same mods you would get more power. You've got the turbo but don't use its power.
Cams only add 10-15hp whereas a larger turbo adds much more than that. Cams aren't a bad investment as the last piece of your puzzle. They improve torque across the curve and uprated springs/retainers can allow you to rev out the motor. If you have to choose, though, a turbo is much better bang for the buck.

Take a look at my stock turbo graph (in my sig) compared to his Red graph. His hp keeps climbing and mine heads down after 6500rpm, even though we have similar peak numbers. I could get another 10hp with cams but the curve would have the same shape.

Last edited by mlomker; Dec 19, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mlomker
It isn't the block, it is the fuel. You can't run much more than 25psi using pump gas. I ran that on 93oct and went to 29psi on E85.

Cams only add 10-15hp whereas a larger turbo adds much more than that. Cams aren't a bad investment as the last piece of your puzzle. They improve torque across the curve and uprated springs/retainers can allow you to rev out the motor. If you have to choose, though, a turbo is much better bang for the buck.

Take a look at my stock turbo graph (in my sig) compared to his Red graph. His hp keeps climbing and mine heads down after 6500rpm, even though we have similar peak numbers. I could get another 10hp with cams but the curve would have the same shape.
He speaks the truth.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mlomker
I run 26PSI on my OEM Turbo, many people run 30+ PSI 93 octane with larger turbos. Turbo efficiency and head efficency (ported and some serious cams) ad a LOT to the table. 25PSU pump gas is very common at this time.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Akuma Motorsports! FP Red Evo X!!