Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 10 MR + Dom2 + ETS Tubular Mani

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HR2L
Went to have a boost leak test, and thats when all the sheit started hitting the fan.
I've had some 10's push some oil past into the intake tract after a boost leak test. Take off your upper IC and see if there is oil in the compressor outlet and piping

- Bryan
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HR2L
were looking at that, im really hoping thats the case, like the PCV valve has failed. I remember my 05 STI had that issue...
Might just be oil that moved around in the boost test (like bryan said)... in another thread (maybe on the other forum) someone mentioned a tremendous amount of smoke after they ran a high PSI test like you did, and the smoke went away after a couple of days.

I'm also interested in why your car needs so much WGDC to make power, could it be an exhaust leak? (I'm assuming the boost leak test came back ok?)
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lodifreefly
Might just be oil that moved around in the boost test (like bryan said)... in another thread (maybe on the other forum) someone mentioned a tremendous amount of smoke after they ran a high PSI test like you did, and the smoke went away after a couple of days.

I'm also interested in why your car needs so much WGDC to make power, could it be an exhaust leak? (I'm assuming the boost leak test came back ok?)
It did come back good or we weren't able to locate one. Didn't think about a possible exhaust leak, but it is possible considering im running the ETS Tube Mani, and that thing was a Bizitch to get on and off. Maybe one of the nuts not tight enough?

Hey Bryan, I hate to bug you, but how much (if you can look or know) WGDC did I end up running to get the car to make the power it did (after we tightened everything we could on the dyno)?

Last edited by HR2L; Jan 4, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

HR2L, is this similar to your issue?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-please-3.html
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dcpatters
HR2L, is this similar to your issue?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-please-3.html
WOW!

Sounds almost identical! Im really hoping to get the turbo back, its clean and there are no issues. We did however disconnect the exhaust at the DP/TP and looked to see if there was oil in the exhaust itself and didn't notice any.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
From that thread:

it would be from the boost test, same thing happened to me, drive it for half an hour and it will go away, I think you didn't disconnect the breather hose to the rocker cover and pressurised the head forcing oil through the valve guides. Nothing to worry about really.
Kinda makes sense too if the valve guides let a bunch of oil into the system.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:25 AM

Man, like 20 posts talking bad about blouch and their turbo, and the turbo is fine =P

Good luck figuring out your issue... Hopefully it's something small that is just being overlooked!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
also,

check to make sure your intake pipes (if aftermarket) are drilled out for the breather line return... we have seen a few where the companies forgot to drill them out..

then youre pressurizing your crank case under boost and blowing smoke

cb
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:08 PM

seems like some good power!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silentbob812
Man, like 20 posts talking bad about blouch and their turbo, and the turbo is fine =P

Good luck figuring out your issue... Hopefully it's something small that is just being overlooked!
Or so they tell me...

Im hoping so as well, were looking at the crank case system as well as PCV valve.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

99% of the time the Manufacturer will deny everything. (Ask any shop that doesnt push their specific product)

1. Who wants to give parts away, when they can make the customer pay for it twice.

2. They dont want their product to look bad (especially when youre reporting on a public forum).
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cpunlamd
99% of the time the Manufacturer will deny everything. (Ask any shop that doesnt push their specific product)

1. Who wants to give parts away, when they can make the customer pay for it twice.

2. They dont want their product to look bad (especially when youre reporting on a public forum).

Plain and simple.