Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Final Destination... Tuned at HB Speed...

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Destination... Tuned at HB Speed...

My Journey started in the lowly central valley town of Fresno California. I had called HB Speed about a week earlier to see if they could squeeze me in for a dyno tune to wrap up my week long road trip.

My cousin and I packed as much crap as we could into the miniscule EVO X trunk and piled the rest of the crap in the back seat. This trip was about man, machine, and nature.

We started by carving our way up the breathtaking vistas of Yosemite. The power of the Evo really shined blasting up the mountain over a mile in elevation. It was almost effortless.

Day 2 we drove our way to San Fran where we picked up Route 1 South the Pacific Coast Highway. Let the fun begin...

The third and fourth day of the trip we were in absolute awe. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like carving up some desolate stretches of coastal road in a road eating machine.

Many a time we thought we must be defying some physics. The Evo's suspension is WELL suited for this kind of terrain. Supple enough for long trips with enough travel and ground clearance for the MANY imperfections of a coastal road.

The hardest part of the journey was keeping your eyes on the road. You really become one with nature. Many breathtaking UNREAL views to take your attention away from the off camber hairpin turns and the road that just DROPS 500 feet off a cliff into the ocean. No room for mistakes here. It is sometimes MORE enjoyable to take some sections SLOW to take in what seems like a fantasy.

As we moved south into the LA area we got a taste of what the cali lifestyle was about. From the posh homes to the miles of gorgeous beaches and beach babes.

Enough of my journey... My car rolled into Jon's shop filthy with bugs plastered all over the windshield and packed to the brim with luggage and empty soda cans.

1400 miles later... Lets see what kinda power we were dealing with.

Mods:

T1R Catback
AMS Catpipe.
UR UICP
Stg II AP
Recently Installed Cosworth Panel Filter (prior to tune).
Mix of various 91 octane gasses picked up along the PCH.

That is all...

I would like to thank the staff at HB Speed for being very professional and taking the time to make sure things were done right. Jon spent extra time tuning out the boost spikes and knocking in the COBB map and made sure that the powerband was smooth and safe.

They made sure our wait was pleasant by providing us with refreshments and various choices of entertainment. You don't know how comforting that is until you have spent hours couped up in a car. It was MUCH appreciated.

Graph Below...

This is what driving is about, I wish I would have started the journey from the south first...
Attached Thumbnails Final Destination... Tuned at HB Speed...-001.jpg  

Last edited by RobY; May 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:31 AM

Sounds like a fun trip, And also very nice numbers.
Old May 26, 2010, 01:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Old May 26, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

congrats and i'm sure after the new no's your drive is alot more enjoyable ! another nice tune by jon and when are you gonna tune mine ? LoL
Old May 26, 2010, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

I bet the power feels so linear now. Looks like the trip was well worth it. ...and I like the picture you were painting during the intro. I'll look forward to reading more from you! Props.

...and Props to HB Speed. Another satisfied customer.
Old May 26, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Nice numbers, your beginning of the story painted a nice picture, i wish i could go there now lol
Old May 26, 2010, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

wow most people dont have that much fun going to a tune but you did
Old May 26, 2010, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So... Cliff's Notes: He drove North in California, West in California, South in California and then got a tune. Nobody died even though the thread is titled "Final Destination..."

Try out a trip to Vegas, that one's fun.
Old May 27, 2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
So... Cliff's Notes: He drove North in California, West in California, South in California and then got a tune. Nobody died even though the thread is titled "Final Destination..."

Try out a trip to Vegas, that one's fun.
What's your problem? And how can a trip to Vegas through the desert on a straight road possibly be more fun than the mountains and the coast?
Old May 28, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hey calm down baked brotato! I was just coming in expecting something like the movie is all.

Have you driven to Vegas? I always did the trip from LA or San Diego and there's some pretty good winding roads. Not sure how different that would be if coming from farther North.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:54 PM
beb

I <3 HB Speed and great #'s!